The Mamba

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

The Mamba

Post by SG89 »

Does anyone else think the new Mamba is badazz looking? That two tone finish on the blade is really catching my eye. Also those carbon fiber scales are gorgeous....I'm drooling just thinking about that knife lol. :D

Just need to sell a kidney to afford one! :eek:
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
farnorthdan

Re: The Mamba

Post by farnorthdan »

Absolutely.....Sal is bankrupting me :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Yes indeed. ;) Spyderco continues to push the envelope with all sorts of highly innovative desgins. Very hard on the wallet too. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

I want one, alot! I'm trying to decide between the Mamba and Rubicon and I'm leaning towards the Rubicon because I like the blade shape better and I really dislike the two tone on the Mamba, I'd use the knife a little and I'd hate to mar up that finish.
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)

BTG

Post by BTG »

Love the two tone blade, and the Carbon scales,, but I wish this one had the CPM S90V, instead of the Tighe Stick...Not that I have a problem with CPM S30v...but it does give me something to think about, and I know how you all think..GET BOTH...ya.ya...I probably will, so which do you think will stay in production longer, I'll get the other first...better start saving...or maybe panning for gold !!
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

It is a looker and no doubt superbly made but these days I'm more discriminating with my purchases. It's not a design that I consider very practical.
The Positron and GB2 are the ones on my list.
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

ABX2011 wrote:It is a looker and no doubt superbly made but these days I'm more discriminating with my purchases. It's not a design that I consider very practical.
The Positron and GB2 are the ones on my list.
Yes. The GB2 is a maybe but the Positron is a must have. The Vrango is tempting too but I wish it was a tad larger
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)

v8r

Post by v8r »

I like the design a lot....... but lack of lock bar insert, and a price that is out of my range is going to keep me from purchasing one.
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

SpyderNut wrote:Yes indeed. ;) Spyderco continues to push the envelope with all sorts of highly innovative desgins. Very hard on the wallet too. :D
Innovative? I dunno. Cosmetically it is different. Maybe interesting. But innovative?

The size and ergos on this may make it a winner. Hard to say without handling one.
Ruarch

Post by Ruarch »

Very attractive knife. Reminds me of my Hibben Highlander Bowie.
Bacon. Sometimes beer, but mostly bacon. I like Spydercos.
SpyderNation member #0621

Recently acquired: M390 PM2

On deck: KW Ti Military Exclusive, Slysz Bowie, S90V/CPM154 Manix 2, RN Chap

WRU SHAMAN!
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Its a good looking knife and they actually got the pocket clip mounted correctly for tip up carry, However I will have to see and hand one to form a final opinion. Too many of the tactical knives limit the used to one and only one method of opening which severely handicaps the user.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

zhyla wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:Yes indeed. ;) Spyderco continues to push the envelope with all sorts of highly innovative desgins. Very hard on the wallet too. :D
Innovative? I dunno. Cosmetically it is different. Maybe interesting. But innovative?

The size and ergos on this may make it a winner. Hard to say without handling one.
I went with "innovative" mainly because of the uniqueness of the design. I suppose it's just a matter of perspective. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

It's an exciting looking knife and solidly built on the prototype I handled....I like the two-tone finish and upswept edge.

....But, if you've every watched the Guy Ritchie movie "Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels" then the name ' black mamba' will forever be an unmentionable item of heavy rubber that was used by Hatchet Harry to beat Smithy Robinson to death.....Just makes me smile :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Derp- too many windows open. Sorry!

Please ignore.
Last edited by demoncase on Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

swigert

Post by swigert »

demoncase wrote:Image
2015 Forum Native....and my front gate.
Funny pic for a mamba thread lol. I'm excited for you all that really like it. It will be an awesome one. Not for me though.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

swigert wrote:
demoncase wrote:IMAGE.
Funny pic for a mamba thread lol. I'm excited for you all that really like it. It will be an awesome one. Not for me though.
Too many windows open at once.... Sorry!

PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

It is, and I'd take one if you gave it to me, but for that price I just can't do it. That's a specialty knife that I really can't justify buying at this point in time. Plus, I'd want to hold one first. That handle doesn't look like it's going to fit everyone.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

PayneTrain wrote:It is, and I'd take one if you gave it to me, but for that price I just can't do it. That's a specialty knife that I really can't justify buying at this point in time. Plus, I'd want to hold one first. That handle doesn't look like it's going to fit everyone.
Exactly, I have to look at some Spyderco's long and hard now because they are getting in the Chris Reeve, Strider price range and beyond in some cases. Like a Gentleman said the other day on a you tube video. The American k nife companies had better wake up because the Chinese company Kizer will sell you a beautiful all Titanium and S35VN knife in some cases for under a hundred dollars
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

I love the looks of the Mamba, just trying to decide if it would actually see much pocket time....I have a feeling that it wouldn't, which is the only reason I might be passing....but holy crap it is one beautiful knife!
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Deadly like a Black Mamba. :)

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln