Para 2 in S110V is that true and if so when and where.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mic1

Para 2 in S110V is that true and if so when and where.

Post by Mic1 »

I have been looking around on here and found a post that there might be a run of Para 2 in S110V :eek: . Is this true and if so when and where I will be there just need to dig out my bells and see if they still fit. This would be a dream knife for me. Favorite steel and lock all in one aaaah. Crap now I wont be able to sleep.
TomAiello

Re: Para 2 in S110V is that true and if so when and where.

Post by TomAiello »

I'd love to see it be midnight blue FRN, and an ongoing catalog item, like the Manix 2 LW s110v.

Take that, sprint flippers!
Mic1

Post by Mic1 »

I would preferred g10 ti liners but what I really want to know is this rumor true. I too would like to see it become a regular catalog item not a sprint run that if I miss it I have to pay out my nose to get itfrom the secondary market if I can find it. I I think the demand for this particular knife would be quite large.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

There have been several mentions of the S110V PM2 in various threads. Release date is "later", meaning late 2015 at earliest, 2016 probably. It's a standard type PM2 model (no crazy mods) outfitted with a S110V blade and dark blue G10 handles. Sal has confirmed this directly. :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Mic1

Post by Mic1 »

Will it be sprint run or new catalog item?
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Frn molds are very expensive. I prefer a G10 Para anyway. Now how about that S110V millie and then we can move on to K390 in Say a Dark Gray G10.
Mic1

Post by Mic1 »

Give me standard para 2 with S110v don't care what color the scales. I will be a very happy man.
RadioactiveSpyder

You guys are funny! :) Sal's also mentioned there being a S110V Military in the same G10 scale color. I would definitely assume these will be sprint runs. He has also implied this treatment will happen to other Golden models including the UKPK and I would hazard a guess you'll see a Manix 2 or Manix 2 XL version down the road.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
sbaker345

Post by sbaker345 »

I would prefer g10 as well, or If frn then full liners at least. The PM2 is meant to be somewhat tough, which linerless FRN is not. Not compared to lined g10.
RadioactiveSpyder

Going with FRN/FRCP would imply a huge investment on their part to make new molds for the PM2, and knowing how Sal likes to tease us, there would be pics or news of this leaked at the trade shows well before it just appeared unannounced on a new PM2 sprint/exclusive.
Mic1

Post by Mic1 »

Well I will just have to stay with my ear to the track till then.
Mic1

Post by Mic1 »

How does one stay informed besides here is there an email list or something Facebook etc.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Mic1 wrote:How does one stay informed besides here is there an email list or something Facebook etc.
Just watch the Forum. Releases are rarely very fast or hard to catch...except for PM2 sprints... :rolleyes: :D
Mic1

Post by Mic1 »

Just mean Spirited man! You cut me deep shrek real deep! :( ;)

Thanks I will check in regularly and already have my wife watching Facebook. I don't Facebook.
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Still hoping for a FRN PM2 someday.. ;)
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Mic1,

Welcome to our forum.

I am carrying a production sample made from production parts that are being assembled now. The 110 models will all be a dark blue and they are not sprints.

sal
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

KA-BOOOM!!!
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
Mic1

Post by Mic1 »

sal wrote:Hi Mic1,

Welcome to our forum.

I am carrying a production sample made from production parts that are being assembled now. The 110 models will all be a dark blue and they are not sprints.

sal
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thanks Sal for confirming that. Thats great news. Your a lucky man to have one. Great to hear it will be a catalog item too. I think this will be one for the hall of fame.

My favorite Lock and steel all rolled into one :D . I have owned a lot of knives from all sorts of makers. Customs and many high end productions (Lightfoot,Demko, Chris Reeve,ZT to name a few ) nothing beats the PM 2 size, design and compression lock in my opinion. Great all around edc. And important to me made in the USA. I have sold all my other knives to convert my collection over to Spyderco for folders.

Thanks Again Sal made my day. Cant wait to get my hands on a couple of them for me and my son. HAve a good weekend.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Mic1,

MAKE it a good weekend!

sal
RadioactiveSpyder

Even better that its standard production and not a sprint (I didn't dare to dream so!)!! Thanks very much for the clarification Sal.

You must have a good line on S110V, and clearly your experience with it is increased quite a bit. Does this stuff take a polish like the one you're putting on the new S35VN Native blades in Golden? (Speaking of finishes, the mirror ones you guys are doing on the Taichung knives is awesome!)