New Guy

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mic1

New Guy

Post by Mic1 »

Hi new guy to the forum here. I came here mostly looking for information. I am a para owner and love it but I am looking for an elusive para that evades and escapes all my efforts . The M390 paramilitary (foxy critter). I have been scouring the internet hunting for it. Send me a private message if you have any information leading to its capture.
Blerv

Re: New Guy

Post by Blerv »

Welcome Mic1.

Just as a FYI there isn't a marketplace here so exchanges are strictly forbid. Since it's been out of production a while I would probably contact The Bento Box Shop to see if they will do another run or look at the secondary market. Ebay, Bladeforums, USN, Candlepower Marketplace, etc.

Best of luck!
Donut

Post by Donut »

Welcome to the forum. Those are tough to get ahold of. You will probably have better luck looking for a 204P, which is a pretty similar steel.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
dubya3

Post by dubya3 »

I'm pretty sure someone on a Facebook trading page has a 204p for sale right now.
Cory

Upgrading to a Ti ATR once I sell my stainless ATR :)

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome to the forum and good luck in your hunt, they pop up on the BF exchange occasionally but get snapped up pretty fast.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

I believe Liquid Cobra mentioned recently that he contacted BBS and they confirmed that there will be another run, however it's gonna take a while.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

First of all Greetings and Welcome to Spyderville :) Great bunch of guys and gals here and we're all hopelessly addicted to the best commercially made blades on the planet ;)

As far as snagging an M390 Para all I can say is "GOOD LUCK"!! It was a Sprint Run of the Paramilitary model and like all the other Sprint Runs it's limited in numbers because they always make just a certain amount of them and when they are sold out they become a bit tough to find. Albeit don't lose hope because just last month I snagged an M390 Military model and I had looked for it for a long time before I got lucky. You might also want to join Bladeforums.com>> many of the guys and gals here are also members over at Bladeforums.

Now you would need to get at least a GOLD Membership so you can buy, sell & Trade on that forum. And if you're going to join Bladeforums a GOLD or PLATINUM membership is truly the way to go to get access to stuff like that. I've had great lucking doing business on the exchange at BF. They do not allow buying, selling or trading here on the Spyderco.com forum. But there is a ton of great knowledge that is shared here and I hope you enjoy your stay. JD :spyder: O
Mic1

Post by Mic1 »

Ya kinda of what I figured. Thanks for the welcome. I am on most forums JD, Knife Etc. I dont do blade for personal reasons which I will not go into. I will just keep up the hunt. Again thanks for the info and welcome.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Welcome and enjoy your stay ;)
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

Welcome to the forums! If you are at all like me, spending time on this forum will make you want a whole lot more than that one Spydie! :)
swigert

Post by swigert »

welcome!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Welcome aboard. :) Good group of folks here. Watch your wallet, though. These Spydies can be addictive! :p
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Mic1

Post by Mic1 »

I just want one in m390 badly like a monkey on my back. I wont take less or different I am determined to find one. It will hurt the wallet for sure but it will be worth it. Knife like that is one that will last me years even with hard use.