G10 Delica/Endura in Super Gold

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
illacky

Re: G10 Delica/Endura in Super Gold

Post by illacky »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:07 am
illacky wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:43 am
Received an email from MD yesterday saying the Endura is shipping next week! :D :D

Yay! It’s been a loooooooong wait.
For sure! At one point I forgot I had these on order! I’m excited to see how they turned out and to put supergold through its paces.
-Ivan
MrSuperBlue

Post by MrSuperBlue »

This run needs super blue!
I'd be in for 2 of each.
Please make it happen SAL!
How about a Caly 3.5 damascus?!

So what's the next Super Blue model coming? ;)
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Any word on the Delica shipping out or just the Endura?
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Robbob

Post by Robbob »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:10 pm
Any word on the Delica shipping out or just the Endura?
The Delicas are supposed to leave Massdrop's warehouse around 3/27.
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

I received my Endura yesterday. Good fit and finish but edge had a vicious burr!
The gold lock bar is a very dull Matte color which is nice. Ground pretty thin at .019 BTE.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

MrSuperBlue wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:13 pm
This run needs super blue!
I'd be in for 2 of each.
Please make it happen SAL!
Then it wouldn't be Super Gold it would be Super Blue. Super Blue is in the next thread over. :)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I was thinking about not keeping my SG Delica. But after carrying my V-TOKU 2 Delica the past few days I dont think I can resist trying Super Gold.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SpyderSeth

Post by SpyderSeth »

These are back up on massdrop. Immediate shipping.
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

SpyderSeth wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:11 am
These are back up on massdrop. Immediate shipping.
If I hadn't just bought a like new cutlery shoppe exclusive endura with hap40 I'd be all over it. Maybe if a few of my knives sell.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

What other steels are similar to this? Is this fine grained, or carbide heavy?
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

Got a delica...said 1000 piece limited run? I thinks its frn though no? Still a few hundred remaining
fixall

Post by fixall »

Only 18 Delicas left of the run of 1000 as of now! I think people who miss out on this are going to really be kicking themselves. It's beautifully done.

Last edited by fixall on Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

I just ordered a Delica! Looks like there are a few left.
SpyderSeth

Post by SpyderSeth »

It now shows they have sold more than 1000. I have sent an email to Massdrop for clarification.
fixall

Post by fixall »

SpyderSeth wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:37 pm
It now shows they have sold more than 1000. I have sent an email to Massdrop for clarification.
It's because there were SEVERAL people that cancelled during the year long wait (completely understandable in my opinion), and those people are still being counted in the sales number on the page.

I got tired of waiting to hear if they were going to have a second drop, so a couple weeks ago a reached out to an old friend from school who happens to know Kylee Jensen (buyer for Massdrop), and they told me about how many had actually sold and confirmed there would be this second drop (which is how I was able to post that info on BladeForums).
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Passed on the St Nicks and Fradon Lock Key exclusives but went ahead and sent payment thru for one Massdrop Delica. I've never massdropped before so not too certain if this means I bought one or just got in line to get one if there are enough available to reach my order in the que??? Web page said drop was open for 3 more hours so I'm a bit confused by this as I think it would be open until product is no longer available. And what happens if 500 people put in an order in the last hour??? Supposedly 1,048 of 1,000 are sold as of now. But, sounds like the knife is supposed to ship in a day or two so it will only be a short time before I know for certain if I'm getting one or not.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

cycleguy wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:56 am
Passed on the St Nicks and Fradon Lock Key exclusives but went ahead and sent payment thru for one Massdrop Delica. I've never massdropped before so not too certain if this means I bought one or just got in line to get one if there are enough available to reach my order in the que??? Web page said drop was open for 3 more hours so I'm a bit confused by this as I think it would be open until product is no longer available. And what happens if 500 people put in an order in the last hour??? Supposedly 1,048 of 1,000 are sold as of now. But, sounds like the knife is supposed to ship in a day or two so it will only be a short time before I know for certain if I'm getting one or not.

CG
In this case you put in an order like any other online retailer. They had these in stock so it works just like a normal store. As someone mentioned earlier there were probably a lot of cancellations since the drop took a full year to come out and perhaps some people just gave up. I'm quite sure Massdrop's software won't allow them to oversell the knife, and (excepting cases where an automated program is used specifically for the purpose of a huge simultaneous buy) 500 people will never actually be attempting to buy the knife at exactly the same moment.

When it's "a drop" where you buy in advance and they ship once the drop has closed and the order has been fulfilled, they make it abundantly clear what the expected dates of all these things are (although obviously these things can slip significantly).
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Trying to comprehend why the second drop is limited by time? Seems like they would want to sell all in-stock before closing the drop. If second drop doesn't sell all in-stock will there be a third drop sometime in the future or ???? Seems like they are operating on processing a large batch of goods at a time vs one or two units here and there. (as of now, indicating 1 hr remaining with 1056 units sold)

CG
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

OK... so this second drop just closed. I see there were 4K requests and 1K units manufactured. Appears that about 25% of interested people will follow thru with putting their money where their mouth is... this seems incredibly low. Is this typical or atypical for this sort of thing?

CG
archangel

Post by archangel »

So.... 20 minutes before the end of this drop I pulled the trigger. Now I'm still waiting for the confirmation mail.

Now I need to figure out how to balance my account... Anyone interested in a pint of A(+)? ;)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...