2015 Forum Knife - Site Load Reminder!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

2015 Forum Knife - Site Load Reminder!!

Post by TazKristi »

Hi everyone,
Each time we release a forum knife we see a high volume of people who aren't actively ordering a forum knife, but instead they are attempting to monitor the quantity available. Please DO NOT do this. It pulls site resources unnecessarily and can cause delays or issues for others who are trying to complete a purchase. Please keep in mind that we do not load the full inventory on the site. We load it in batches. So, any inventory information someone "thinks" they're getting a peek at is not valid.

We're monitoring the site closely ad we're not seeing any crashes at this time. Some users are seeing timed-out connections, but the site hasn't crashed.

Thank you!
There is nothing more important than this one day.
swigert

Re: 2015 Forum Knife - Site Load Reminder!!

Post by swigert »

I can't get in
Donut

Post by Donut »

I would recommend to keep trying until you get in or they sell out.

For the sake of the server not dying, don't just keep refreshing as fast as you can, but pick a reasonable amount and try once per minute or something (as long as your patience will allow you). Slowly and surely wins this race!

You could try things like turning off images in your web browser.

I advise you first work on signing in. Once you sign in, if the address on your account is set correctly, then it will auto enter it when you hit the checkout button.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Donut wrote: I advise you first work on signing in. Once you sign in, if the address on your account is set correctly, then it will auto enter it when you hit the checkout button.
+1
this way it worked for me much better
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Donut

Post by Donut »

bh49 wrote:
Donut wrote: I advise you first work on signing in. Once you sign in, if the address on your account is set correctly, then it will auto enter it when you hit the checkout button.
+1
I figured you, being our Native spokesperson... That they would just send it to you and send you the bill later. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

bh49 wrote:
+1
Had the same experience - couldn't check out, so opened a new window, signed in, went back to the cart, and was checked out very speedily. :confused: :) :spyder:
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Good luck everyone. I just lost my job so no spending money for me but I hope everyone on the forums is able to get their hands on them before they are gone. Thanks spyderco for making us a forum knife and also good luck to y'all dealing with the crazy website traffic right now!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Donut wrote: I figured you, being our Native spokesperson... That they would just send it to you and send you the bill later. :)
Brian,
I appreciate your thinking so highly about me. I love my FFG Natives and may be one of the fist people, fall in love with Native5, but there are several The Forum members, who have my bigger N5 set, than I am, so I cannot accept the title.
Regarding your bill. It will be paid in full in beer or red wine, when I will have opportunity to meet you in person. :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Would love to buy a couple of these...been trying for about 4 hours now. Been too long since I've bought anything direct from the SFO that I can't remember my password and the password reset option doesn't work any more. It just leads to a blank screen and I get no email notification. Hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow if they're not already all sold out.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

3rdGenRigger wrote:Would love to buy a couple of these...been trying for about 4 hours now. Been too long since I've bought anything direct from the SFO that I can't remember my password and the password reset option doesn't work any more. It just leads to a blank screen and I get no email notification. Hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow if they're not already all sold out.
I think you're safe. A little bird that figured that server load wouldn't be an issue at 11:35PM might have done the inventory trick and told me that they'd seen 626 still show up in stock (though if all batches haven't been loaded in, there could be even more). So it's probably safe to assume you have some time to figure it out before they sell out. Don't worry, the little bird promised not to do the trick again during the day when server load is higher. ;)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Wait, so you guys didn't go onto the SFO site at some point between the announcement and the release to make sure you could log in and all your address info was updated? No sympathy! (Although I still hope everyone that wants one gets one)
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

I got mine ordered this morning- and that was via my HTC M8 while I was drinking my morning coffee, so no connection issues from this side of the Atlantic, even via a 4G data connection. I do use that phone to log onto the forum too, so went straight in.

Then again that would have made it about 3am across in the US, so I'd guess server load was at it's lowest ebb, which is nice for me. :)

Didn't look at stock as I only cared about there being enough left for me to have one :D
Donut

Post by Donut »

bh49 wrote:
Donut wrote: I figured you, being our Native spokesperson... That they would just send it to you and send you the bill later. :)
Brian,
I appreciate your thinking so highly about me. I love my FFG Natives and may be one of the fist people, fall in love with Native5, but there are several The Forum members, who have my bigger N5 set, than I am, so I cannot accept the title.
Regarding your bill. It will be paid in full in beer or red wine, when I will have opportunity to meet you in person. :)
Pfft, I've never seen anyone speak with higher regards to the Native 5 than you have.

You don't have to pay any bill, but I think we live too far for a casual meeting. Definitely if we both end up going to the same show.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Donut wrote:Pfft, I've never seen anyone speak with higher regards to the Native 5 than you have.
I just love the knife
Donut wrote: You don't have to pay any bill, but I think we live too far for a casual meeting. Definitely if we both end up going to the same show.
Sooner or later you will go to NYC. it is only 2 hours from me. Or may be decided to do PHD at Yale, which is only 20 minutes away :)

Donut

Post by Donut »

Haha, I got tired of school and NYC isn't on my list of places to go. The knife laws don't help it either.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Donut wrote:Haha, I got tired of school.
not a rush, you can start in September :) . CT Knife laws allows up to 4" (not on campus).

Donut

Post by Donut »

About 6 months ago I had a dream that my old school told me that I didn't have enough credits to graduate... and I was going back to school. After I got back to school, I found out that after taking the classes, I still wouldn't have enough credits to graduate.

What a nightmare!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

jabba359 wrote:
3rdGenRigger wrote:Would love to buy a couple of these...been trying for about 4 hours now. Been too long since I've bought anything direct from the SFO that I can't remember my password and the password reset option doesn't work any more. It just leads to a blank screen and I get no email notification. Hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow if they're not already all sold out.
I think you're safe. A little bird that figured that server load wouldn't be an issue at 11:35PM might have done the inventory trick and told me that they'd seen 626 still show up in stock (though if all batches haven't been loaded in, there could be even more). So it's probably safe to assume you have some time to figure it out before they sell out. Don't worry, the little bird promised not to do the trick again during the day when server load is higher. ;)
I'm still unable to reset the password to my existing SFO account...I'm thinking it's a separate issue at this point, and that these might be sold out before I can have my issue resolved. I'm hopeful that there will be enough though.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

I got my order in just fine...patience is the key it seems.
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

3rdGenRigger wrote:
jabba359 wrote:
I'm still unable to reset the password to my existing SFO account...I'm thinking it's a separate issue at this point, and that these might be sold out before I can have my issue resolved. I'm hopeful that there will be enough though.
I would try creating a new account and just forget about the other one or sort it out later.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?