Lil Lum, Where Are You?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Knifewing

Lil Lum, Where Are You?

Post by Knifewing »

I recently downloaded the MidYear Supplement and was disappointed that the Lil Lum wasn't included. That's the one I've really been waiting for since seeing the Amsterdam pix. Does anyone have any info on this model or an ETA?

On the other hand, with the Lil Lum unavailable for now, I'll have more funds toward the new Proficient.
SpyderNut

Re: Lil Lum, Where Are You?

Post by SpyderNut »

I'm with you on the Lil' Lum. I'm very excited too!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Me 3! I don't know why but I get the feeling this one is a ways away from becoming a reality. I wish Sal would do a regular sized sprint in the mean time.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Yeah, I'll be on the lookout for this release!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
sal

Post by sal »

We're retooling for a shorter clip.

sal
Knifewing

Post by Knifewing »

Thanks for the update, Sal. Really looking forward to this one in my pocket. I have one of the original green Lum Chinese folders--still one of the most elegant Spydercos ever made.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Knifewing wrote:Thanks for the update, Sal. Really looking forward to this one in my pocket. I have one of the original green Lum Chinese folders--still one of the most elegant Spydercos ever made.
I agree with you wholeheartedly regarding the vintage jade green Chinese Folder. I have the vintage gun metal blue variation of the Chinese Folder (in PE). It is one of my all time favorite designs too. I'm very eager to see the Lil' Lum!

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
ronT2

Post by ronT2 »

Any updates on this?

Love the smoothness of my nishijin lum and hope it can be recreated in the smaller version.
My EDC rotation: Kapara, Chaparral CF, Mantra, Sage 1, Sage 5, Dice, Domino, Gayle Bradley 2, PakkaDelica, Native CFF
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

This is eerie. I just mentioned the Lil' Lum to my wife at dinner tonight! :) This has to be a good omen, right?

vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

I'm late to the Lil Lum boat. Is this a Lil Lum Chinese Folder or a Lil Lum Tanto. A legal-to-carry Lum Tanto would be AWESOME!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

It's the smaller version of the original Chinese Folder. Although...a smaller Lum Tanto WOULD be stinking sweet!

ronT2

Post by ronT2 »

vaisforlovers wrote:I'm late to the Lil Lum boat. Is this a Lil Lum Chinese Folder or a Lil Lum Tanto. A legal-to-carry Lum Tanto would be AWESOME!
Check out the prototype below.
https://spydercollector.wordpress.com/2 ... m-lil-lum/
My EDC rotation: Kapara, Chaparral CF, Mantra, Sage 1, Sage 5, Dice, Domino, Gayle Bradley 2, PakkaDelica, Native CFF
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Thanks guys. A Chinese folder it is. Not as sweet as a Lil Lum Tanto would be, but it still looks pretty darn cool.
caitbwebs

Post by caitbwebs »

Still very excited for the Lil Lum!! (And fingers crossed for a wire clip...)
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Would a Lil jimping on the Lil Lum tang not be a good thing? Pingo style :spyder:
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Now that I'm thinking about it a lil lum tanto would be awesome as well. Yes to a little jimping. Love me some jimping. Dang I can't wait for this knife to be born.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
araneae

Post by araneae »

twinboysdad wrote:Would a Lil jimping on the Lil Lum tang not be a good thing? Pingo style :spyder:
This
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Ok so I've been studying the catalog lately and the Lil Lum has a listed closed length of 2.98". The closed length of a Cricket is 2.78". This is going to be one lil knife and I can't wait!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Ok so I've been studying the catalog lately and the Lil Lum has a listed closed length of 2.98". The closed length of a Cricket is 2.78". This is going to be one lil knife and I can't wait!
Me too. I have always been a big Lum fan--especially of his Chinese Folder. I am reeeeeaaallly looking forward to this little one. :D

Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Same here! I'm really enjoying all of the upcoming smaller sized releases, particularly those that come in under 2.5", because of Boston jurisdiction.
I HAVE carried larger knives in the city before, but I definitely like to have multiple "legal" options while in the city.
-Nick :bug-red