Photon ll in colors

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
J Smith

Photon ll in colors

Post by J Smith »

Has anyone else seen these?Its seems that they are only sold in Canada.Great deal on them.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 49773&rd=1

SOOOO!,I see the internet is on the computer now!....Homer Simpson
CKE

Post by CKE »

I am not sure about the other colours but I did ask santa for the Photon II for Christmas. I think It might go nice on the lanyard hole on one of my knives. I think there is quite a few of these little "lights" on the market.

"everything else is just a jeep"
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

I have 2 like those, picked up at the local B&M store... think they were like $12 after taxes.

Red and Blue, but they also had green and white. Push side down to short amount(release to shut off), or pull the button back, pressing the leads onto the batt(causing a connection), push forward to shut off.

4 screws, 1 LED, 1 lead on reverse side(LED lays on one side, metal on backside to complete circut). 1 pricy batt.

I upgraded mine myself. Bought a LS White LED and popped it in, then bought a Lithium button batt(they claim the factory one is Lithium, but I dunno). Bright little sucker, great for short bursts to find crap in the dark. Blinds yah with the White LS, and gets about 10hrs of use total... then another pricy batt(last one cost me $8 for batt, $2 for LED).

Got me hooked on LED lights, working on a deal for an Inova X5MT. Found one for $60 shipped, but have to see if he still has it after the season is over.

Par Palam e Flamma Fert Spiritus
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

I believe these are "Photon" knock-offs. The packaging is the tip-off. Caveat emptor!

Ben

Ben
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I have emailed photon about them.I also asked about them on CPF,going from the info there they are real.Photon makes them for over seas sales. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bi ... 3;t=003883

J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Update.Beware! Heres the email and reply that I sent to photon.
These are knock offs. Thank you for the info. We have an agreement with e-bay on intellectual property rights for our products. Thank you very much. Rudy

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 8:40 PM
To: custservice@photonlight.com
Subject: Photon light

I have a question about a Photon light I just bought on ebay.Are these made by your company or are they just stealing your name.Heres the link to it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 69810&rd=1

dynaryder

Post by dynaryder »

FYI, you can get the real McCoy for $7.95 from Botach(http://www.botachtactical.com) or the P3 for $9.95. I've had a white P2 on my keychain for 3yrs now, and it rocks. Gave a dozen of them away last year as stocking stuffers, too.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

The only reason I was interested in these is because of the colored case.I have a couple of black ones.Hopefully they will be made as good as the real ones.I can't imagine that the workings would be differant.Hate that I bought them before I found out that they were knokoffs.Its wrong for them to be useing Photons name.

mnblade

Post by mnblade »

I just looked at the Botach site. The shipping cost would double the price of a Photon II. It still wasn't a terrible price, and Photons are great, but that sort of pricing scheme (basically a bait-and-switch where, at first glance an item costs X, but once it's ordered it costs X+X) really ticks me off. YMMV.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Well I got the blue one.I have to say that it was a surprise.It is as bright,maybe brighter than my photon 3.The beam is more focused and has a better spot.I am pleased with them.