Found an oldie that is going to be an edc.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Found an oldie that is going to be an edc.

Post by apollo »

On another forum i found this used massad ayoob (first run)

Since it has scares over the blade it was not a knife for my collection but it still got my atention for a user role but i did not wanted to pay the price asked for it.
A few weeks later i was lucky the price dropped down alot and i pulled the trigger.
Now it is here and i am dazzeld over the quality and the design and so look forward to get it to good use.

So i wonder are there other ayoob users out there?
And How do you like the knife?

greetings

Dimitri
Archimedes

Re: Found an oldie that is going to be an edc.

Post by Archimedes »

That is a really great knife. I love the older models. It is fun when you find them, get a good deal and then carry and use them.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

JD will approve of this purchase, even if it doesn't have teeth. ;)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Wonder where Mark Greenman has been? Huge Ayoob guy along with JD
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

jabba359 wrote:JD will approve of this purchase, even if it doesn't have teeth. ;)
Yes, yes he will indeed. :D ;)

My brother owns the first gen Ayoob in full SE. I've had it at my house for about 6 mo. for purposes of "R&D." (Read: extended fondle time). :) It's a great design to be sure.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Wow...that is an incredible find! Keep us posted on how you like it!

Be safe!
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Thx guys i'm very glad i found it. i have it on me now at this point it has only seen some paper and tape en a little cardboard but in hand it is amazing. the angle of the blade is very usefull!
I also like the Almite handles alot. Why is spyderco making less of these or am i just thinking that?
:) now i found an nib original PPT and i think i will go for it. I already have the sprint so then i could use that one more. ;)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

jabba359 wrote:JD will approve of this purchase, even if it doesn't have teeth. ;)
Brother you got that right :D I consider the C-60 Ayoob one of Spyderco's Ultra-Classics :cool: I do EDC mine quite often within a typcial month and I particularly love the SPRINT G-10 handled version which is my main EDC version of the AYOOB model. I was literally heartbroken when they didn't offer the Sprint version in Spyderedge :( Because many people besides myself really believe that was Spyderco's very best Spyderedged blade ever.

But the ergos of the AYOOB are superb>> it is right up there with the C-54 Calypso model and the Military IMO. But there is something about the configuration and the overall blade geometry that put it in a league of it's own IMO.

I was very disappointed recently because about 3 weeks ago I launched a thread asking people if they liked the idea of a smaller scale Ayoob for EDC? One reason I thought about that was because a lot of our brethren live in cities and states that have extremely draconian knife and gun laws and I was thinking that an Ayoob with a smaller blade would be ideal for those who live in areas of restrictive knife laws and there are a lot of people that like a blade 3 inches or less for their main EDC. I thought it would be a WIN-WIN!! for Spyderco and the end line user. But there was hardly any response to the idea :(

But congratulations on a great find and I know in my gut you'll end up loving that model as much or more than I do. Anyone who I've gotten to actually use the AYOOB model usually ends up liking it. It will probably be in my JD's TOP TEN favorite Spyder list for many years to come>> I'm confident of it :cool: