2015 Forum Knife Announcement

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

2015 Forum Knife Announcement

Post by TazKristi »

C41PMR5 – 2015 Spyderco Forum Knife Native5

What is the C41PMR5?
The 2015 Spyderco Forum Knife is a variation of our incredibly popular Native®5 Lightweight model—perhaps the most refined back lock folding knife ever produced. The product of years of research and development, countless prototypes, and decades of manufacturing experience, the Native 5’s back lock mechanism offers increased strength, an improved self-close function, and superior fit and finish. This advanced mechanism provides a foundation for a premium CPM®S90V stainless steel blade. Also known as CPM 420V, S90V is a particle metallurgy steel with a high volume of vanadium carbides that give it greater wear resistance than 440C, D2, and other high-chromium tool steels, with corrosion resistance equal to or better than 440C. Its fine, uniform carbide distribution also provides enhanced impact toughness.

Proudly laser engraved “Spyderco Forum Knife 2015,” the full-flat-ground PlainEdge™ blade also includes a prominent index-finger choil and textured thumb ramp for increased control and a Trademark Round Hole™ for swift, ambidextrous, one-hand opening.

The other defining feature of the 2015 Forum Knife is its distinctive maroon handle. Injection molded from tough fiberglass-reinforced nylon (FRN) and featuring Spyderco’s signature Bi-Directional Texture™ pattern, the linerless handle includes four sets of threaded stainless steel inserts. Molded into the back side of the scales for optimal strength, these inserts allow the improved hourglass clip to be mounted on either side and either end of the handle to support all possible carry preferences.

C41PMR5 will be available for purchase Monday, 13-Jul-2015 at 09:00 a.m. MDT.

All sales will be handled by the Spyderco Factory Outlet store online at http://spyderco.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Enter C41MR5 in the search field to quickly find the correct page.

Maximum Purchase Allowed: TWO

MSRP: $159.95 each
You will receive a 40% discount when you use the discount code noted below. The 40% discount is only applicable to the C41PMR5.

Discount Code:
FORUM2015

Freight Charges:
Domestic Orders:
Domestic Shipping in the Continental United States: Standard Shipping rates apply.
Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico Shipping: USPS $15.00

International Orders:
International orders have a maximum allowed amount of $600 (including shipping fees) for all online orders. All orders over $600 must be placed via phone or e-mail and paid for via wire transfer. Shipment of orders paid for via wire transfer will not occur until monies have been received by the Spyderco Factory Outlet Store. You may contact our store to place a wire transfer order at sfo@spyderco.com or 303/279-8383 x 107.

International shipments will be sent out according to our International Shipping Schedule:
Shopping Cart Total: $0-$99 - Shipping/Handling Charge $25
Shopping Cart Total: $100-$399 - Shipping/Handling Charge $45
Shopping Cart Total: $400 and higher - Shipping/Handling Charge $60

International shipments will be via USPS International Priority Mail. Please be aware, we will have limited tracking capabilities. Tracking once it leaves the US is dependent upon the postal services outside the US and their ability to provide it. However, this will completely eliminate UPS Brokerage Fees.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
GoldenSpydie

Re: 2015 Forum Knife Announcement

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Thanks Spyderco! Definitely not what I guessed...but still a very cool combination.

I'm in for two.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

This is so awesome!! I love the maroon color. :D. Thank you so much, Sal, Eric, Kristi, and Spyderco Crew!
pcguy23

Post by pcguy23 »

Looking forward to this

Thank you
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Awesome, thanks!
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I agree, not what I expected, but cool on all levels! Thanks Spyderco!
Leeroy37

Post by Leeroy37 »

Nice I'm up for 2!
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

I'll wait for a potentially more color accurate picture of the handle before I make any final decisions. But the natives I've handled before have just never quite done it for me. Hats off to the spydie crew for getting us another forum knife, and an unexpected one at that!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Very nice! Thanks for another Forum Knife. But the color in the picture looks pretty much like brown. I do like how the "Spyderco Forum Knife 2015" text was done.
:bug-red-white
devine1

Post by devine1 »

Another Native for me!
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Wow, very slick and not what I would have guessed!
Nice throwback to the old burgundy FRN with this maroon FRCP.
Going back to Caly.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Thanks Spyderco! I'll be in for one for sure

Kinda dissapointed that it's a native again if I'm being honest though
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

I am in, nice. :) :spyder: :cool:
paladin

Post by paladin »

So Kristi...it's 100% FRN-- no FRCP ...right? :confused:

just checking cause it looks a little like the FRCP to my old eyeballs, thanks! :o
swigert

Post by swigert »

Looking forward to it. I don't even care models on forum knife it's just special being a forum knife.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Holland wrote:Thanks Spyderco! I'll be in for one for sure

Kinda dissapointed that it's a native again if I'm being honest though
+1, not a big native fan here but it does look like a nice knife, thanks spyderco, I will have to stew on it for a while, may grab one just because....
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I have to admit, I'm kinda glad that it's a color I'm not too fond of. I was starting to get excited about it before I realized I need to pay for my passport.

Still, I'm interested in seeing how S90V performs for you folks.

And who knows, I might just change my mind. It's been a while since I've picked up a forum knife.
Last edited by StuntZombie on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Certainly this is not the knife, which I want to miss.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

You just wouldn't take no for an answer, huh Spyderco? Well hard edges or not, I will be proud to own and carry the 2015 Forum Knife! As long as the rest of you guys save me one. I'll be at work, and hopefully my phone will be cooperating on lunch break.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Very nice forum knife and kudos for doing this for the forum, but I'm sorry to see another Native. It's the third Native in a row and suffers in comparison to Eric's opulent 2013 Forum Knife.

Since the 2013 forum knife was more expensive it isn't surprising that I like every aspect of it better. I can't see this getting pocket time so I may surprise myself by passing on what I thought was my one surefire knife purchase for 2015.