2015 Forum Knife Announcement

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RadioactiveSpyder

Re: 2015 Forum Knife Announcement

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Awaiting the arrival of my favorite CC version for the Natives! Thanks again NGK

I only bought one this time but I do suspect it will enter the rotation, replacing my S35VN lightweight in that slot and snatching its clip!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
swigert

Post by swigert »

I didn't get papers. That's unfortunate.
Scroop

Post by Scroop »

We need a repository for papers in pdf of Spyderco knives.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Mine arrived last night...
Scroop wrote:We need a repository for papers in pdf of Spyderco knives.
I have mixed emotions toward that idea. Would be nice, on one level. On another, it would make life a bit easier for counterfeiters.

swigert wrote:I didn't get papers. That's unfortunate.
Have you contacted Spyderco?
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Donut

Post by Donut »

Deacon, I'm not seeing your images. Not sure why. I just see the word "Image" centered.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Mine arrived today. Dodged the UK customs, as well, so it's clearly going to be a "lucky" knife!

Less hefty than the N5G10, which is not neccesarily a bad thing. My first in this steel, as well.

(No catalogue or leaflet, but posting superfluous paper 1/2 way round the globe would hardly be sensible, but I am now also the exceptionally proud owner of a sticker).
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Donut wrote:Deacon, I'm not seeing your images. Not sure why. I just see the word "Image" centered.
Shows up fine from here.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

ChrisinHove wrote:Mine arrived today. Dodged the UK customs, as well, so it's clearly going to be a "lucky" knife!

Less hefty than the N5G10, which is not neccesarily a bad thing. My first in this steel, as well.

(No catalogue or leaflet, but posting superfluous paper 1/2 way round the globe would hardly be sensible, but I am now also the exceptionally proud owner of a sticker).
Extremely glad that it sailed through with no issues - enjoy!
swigert

Post by swigert »

The Deacon wrote:Mine arrived last night...
Scroop wrote:We need a repository for papers in pdf of Spyderco knives.
I have mixed emotions toward that idea. Would be nice, on one level. On another, it would make life a bit easier for counterfeiters.

swigert wrote:I didn't get papers. That's unfortunate.
Have you contacted Spyderco?
Not yet. I'll make a phone call today.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Here is a link to a scan of the document that came with my Forum knife if you would like to pint your own. It is smaller than the original but I'm not computer literate enough to blow it up for you.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-aglz ... AN0006.JPG
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Donut wrote:Deacon, I'm not seeing your images. Not sure why. I just see the word "Image" centered.
Odd, just checked and it shows in Firefox, Iron, Chrome, and IE on my Win 7 box, Firefox and Chromium on my Linux box, and Chrome on my annoying Android tablet, and IE on an even more annoying Win 8 tablet I'm tinkering with.

Is it showing now? If so, the only thing I can think of is the possibility that I was uploading other files to that same directory at the time and my FTP program locks whatever directory it is using. If not that, then it was some transient hiccup on the server that hosts my site, or something at your end.

As an aside, regarding tablet PCs: I know a lot of folks do it, but I really can't believe that anybody actually surfs the web, or reads and writes email, on these annoying little toys, much less on a smart phone. Masochism must be epidemic these days.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Donut

Post by Donut »

Tablets aren't SOOO bad. They're better than carrying around a laptop. But yeah, there are definitely things you can do and cannot do. I kind of figure that they are a MP3/Video Player that can do a little more than that.

Some tips: Swipe typing helps me a lot. If I was going to write a long email, my bluetooth keyboard is very valuable.

I still don't see your image. I'm using Waterfox, the 64 bit version of Firefox. That could be the problem. Here is what I see.

-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
swigert

Post by swigert »

I see his pics
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

I used a Dell Mini 10 for years and am now on an 11 inch Acer Chrome. Knowing how to touch type, I wanted a keyboard, as you can tell from some of my long-winded posts. Barely larger than a tablet.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

ChrisinHove wrote:Mine arrived today. Dodged the UK customs, as well, so it's clearly going to be a "lucky" knife!

Oooh! When did you buy yours, if I may ask?....My heart has skipped a beat that this beauty might be lying, unloved yet unfondled, on my front porch mat while I sit here, working. :spyder:
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

demoncase wrote:

Oooh! When did you buy yours, if I may ask?....My heart has skipped a beat that this beauty might be lying, unloved yet unfondled, on my front porch mat while I sit here, working. :spyder:
Last Tuesday! PDQ, eh? I'm not too upset if/when I get collared for duty, but 8 quid on top to the Royal Mail for their input is scandalous!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I got mine. Great color (of cause dark green I love more). I love the knife.

Thank you Sal & Co. Great choice for The Forum Knife.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I got my Forum Knife today, and it's very nice! There was a mistake with the processing of my order, which caused the delay. But Spyderco handled it exceptionally well. They express shipped it to me, and included some nice, unexpected extra goodies. :D
Thank you Spyderco, for the great forum knife, and great customer service!

Lighting isn't good right now, but here it is...
:bug-red-white
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Here's mine, called SFO today and got a new paper in the mail.
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

I received my Forum Native today. I can't believe how much knife is in this little package! While close in size to the Delica, the hefty lockbar on this knife makes it lock open and close like the safe door to Fort Knox! The balance on this knife is just amazing, and I can't believe how lightweight it is. I love the attention to detail with the styling of the wedge and the curve of the handle. The color of the handle is just gorgeous and the S90V blade is icing on the cake!

I have the fluted titanium Native but it gets little pocket time because of its heft. This Native, however, won't be leaving my pocket for a long time!

Thanks again Taz, Eric and Sal!!!

Regards,
Ira