2015 Forum Knife Announcement

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Donut

Re: 2015 Forum Knife Announcement

Post by Donut »

I wonder what percentage of the profit for the Forum Knives go back into the forums. Maybe we could get some larger avatars.

Maybe Kristi is getting a bonus.

Of course, I'm kidding. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Haha, yea the great thing about this being the Spyderco forum is that EVERY knife I buy supports the forum! I can do it year round.

Although, I know what ohcyclist was talking about, and I agree, it allows me to keep a piece of the forum with me. A beautiful, sharp piece.
swigert

Post by swigert »

Someone posted this picture over on Blade Forums, NOT MY PICTURE

But to good not to share!

Its over in our picture section also. Don't want anyone to miss this picture!
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

swigert wrote:Someone posted this picture over on Blade Forums, NOT MY PICTURE

It's Studey's pic, he posted it on the previous page :)

the natural daylight really shows the handle colour much better. I'm trying my best to resist this knife but it's getting harder, I need funds for a Janisong........ :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
BTG

Post by BTG »

Very nice looking indeed, I think they should spell it spydercOCD, on the Forum knive..lol or maybe SpyderKO'd.
swigert

Post by swigert »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
swigert wrote:Someone posted this picture over on Blade Forums, NOT MY PICTURE

It's Studey's pic, he posted it on the previous page :)

the natural daylight really shows the handle colour much better. I'm trying my best to resist this knife but it's getting harder, I need funds for a Janisong........ :)
Oops missed it on the other page.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Look what the UPS truck brought...

Overall, I'm very pleased with the Forum Native 5 Lightweight. It is well-built, quite sharp, and the color is cool. S90V for less than $100 in 2015? Thanks Spyderco! :D :spyder: :D

Last edited by GoldenSpydie on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

swigert wrote:I think it's a great deal with the discount code.
I just checked and the price is still $159.95. I'm not quite a new user to the site, was there some secret code going around or emailed out to select people? (If so maybe somebody shouldn't have mentioned it here.)

The previous knife was S110V, maybe there is a little price difference there although the S110V Manix 2 is quite a bit less than this forum knife.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

bdblue wrote:
I just checked and the price is still $159.95. I'm not quite a new user to the site, was there some secret code going around or emailed out to select people? (If so maybe somebody shouldn't have mentioned it here.)

The previous knife was S110V, maybe there is a little price difference there although the S110V Manix 2 is quite a bit less than this forum knife.
The code is listed very clearly in the first post in this thread. ;)
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

GoldenSpydie wrote:
bdblue wrote:

The code is listed very clearly in the first post in this thread. ;)
Oh Crap!! You mean I paid $160 for nothing?! :eek:

;) :D

Actually, I called my order in since the website was experiencing difficulties with accepting my registration. Maybe because I used the same name (ManixFan) as my registering nickname?

In any case, it wasn't hard to get through by phone......I got an immediate answer and was asked if I could hold and was then told that I was 4th in the queue......and this was on the morning of the release before lunch.

Transaction was handled very smoothly and professionally and it was "assumed" that I "knew" the code already as I was then told what the total $ would be charged to my card along with shipping to Toronto.....which of course was still less than the MSRP.

I wasn't sure about getting a second one ....but was very tempted. I sure would have grabbed a Swick 4 at the same time if it wouldn't have cost me an extra $20 in shipping. The last Forum knife didn't have any significant premium added to the shipping when ordering 2 knives ......so something seems to have changed with the shipping options since the last Forum knife release.

Probably for the better though when I later thought of all the other knives that I want (3 that are now available too) and what it would cost me. One Forum knife is enough......except I know this will be a much loved user......the same as my LtWt S110V Manix......so a NIB backup would be nice. I think it's time to buy a another large SpyderPac....... :eek:

BTW.......awesome pics GoldenSpydie......as usual :D
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
Lebowski22

Post by Lebowski22 »

One of the Best knives of the year for me so far, and one I can actually get. One of my favorite models in one of my favorite steels in a color you don't see that often.

I'm chomping at the bit.
Sushimoto

Post by Sushimoto »

Just arrived Native 5 2015 Forum Knife. Very handsome. Thanks Spyderco. ☺

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/S ... 165221.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Just a thought here- we have had discussions about scale colors before, and whenever someone mentions some shade of red someone says Spyderco won't do it because it is too similar to the red trainers. Now that this has been disproven by the maroon native, maybe we could start lobbying for a PM2 with maroon G10.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Sushimoto wrote:Just arrived Native 5 2015 Forum Knife. Very handsome. Thanks Spyderco. ☺

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/S ... 165221.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'll try to help you...

Snipa

Post by Snipa »

Received mine today as well, great little knife!
Donut

Post by Donut »

Got mine today. It looks like a winner. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Donut

Post by Donut »

sbaker345 wrote:I suspect these will be around at least a few days, assuming a decent amount say 1200 have been made. With the s110v native coming out and s110v manix 2 available its more of a collectors piece than cutting edge super knife.
They have been around for a few days, but I want to comment on the reasoning.

S90V in conversation, still seems to be one of the highest demand steels. I know Jim has other steels in higher wear resistance categories, but S90V is still one of the best performing steels.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
swigert

Post by swigert »

I'm bummed. Mine are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. But I had them come to work and we are closed tomorrow. Monday it is! Will be a great way to start next week.

One of mine will get a workout. The other, straight to the safe.
Sushimoto

Post by Sushimoto »

bdblue wrote:
Sushimoto wrote:Just arrived Native 5 2015 Forum Knife. Very handsome. Thanks Spyderco. ☺

I'll try to help you...

Thanks bdblue
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I really like that knife. S90v in an easy to open and well built lock back. The price is pretty amazing too. It sure is easy to get spoiled around here.

Joe