2015 Forum Knife Announcement

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderNut

Re: 2015 Forum Knife Announcement

Post by SpyderNut »

BTG wrote:
MattM68 wrote:I'm really excited about this. :) This will be my first Forum Knife, and my first S90V knife. And it's only a few dollars more than the standard production one. :D

Matt
Same for me, this will be my first Forum Knife, and s90v, if I can land one...any ideas on production numbers?

I'm guessing around 1200, give or take.
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

Im In!! This is my first forum knife pretty exciting stuff here I gotta say. Was not really in to this knife prior but love the color, steel choice, price and back lock ultimately talking myself in to one, you know the story. Gotta be on radar for sure to get a hold of one of these babies, especially with this bunch! Good luck to all!
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Thanks to the SpyderCrew. I'm glad S90V is still in the Spyderco vocabulary! :spyder:
Prospero

Post by Prospero »

Thanks Sal, Eric, and crew for producing another Forum knife.
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Would be my first forum knife and my first S90V knife. Native1 was my first Spydie and I just spend 2 weeks in Belgium loving to EDC my new Native5 LW.
Hoping the S110V LW will follow soon and then hopefully still a light gray FRN and Cruwear sprint, hopefully with enough time in between to raise the funds. ;)
Donut

Post by Donut »

:)

http://itsalmo.st/#forumknifetime" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Donut wrote::)

http://itsalmo.st/#forumknifetime" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ha Ha! I could have used that for the last forum knife. As I recall, I was so sick I used my laptop lying flat on my back, but managed to get an order in for the green Native 5 and K390 mule about 10 minutes after the sale opened. I didn't try for 10 minutes because I figured the server would be jammed :p Little did I know how badly they would be slammed later.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Wasn't the S110V Mule the one that was released at the same time as the Forum Native? Or were there still some K390's left?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

It was K390, because I got one along with the 2013 Forum Native too. It's my only Mule.

Looks like S110V was next, and came out in early 2014.
:bug-red-white
Donut

Post by Donut »

Interesting. I got a K390 Mule, but I didn't get it with my Native. =\
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Sushimoto

Post by Sushimoto »

Very cool. I hope to land a forum knife. I've been hanging around and reading for a couple/few years now but never tried for one. I think I'll give it a go. Nice color, thank you Spyderco.
Skywarp

Post by Skywarp »

demoncase wrote:Lovely looking knife and superb materials.....but I know with a cast iron certainty that UK Customs will falsely impound it* and that'll be that :(
Enjoy you lucky fellas that get one.

*UK HMRC is currently 'doing a NYC' and anything which can be opened with even 5 heavy wrist flicks they are counting as a 'gravity knife'- impounding it, then destroying it.....Even when the knife in question patently isn't a gravity knife and is already available in the UK....Sad but unless you've got probably £5k+ to fight it in magistrates court you won't be getting your knife back. :(
Where has this info come from?
The last Spydies I had from the US were the USN ladyhawks but I've had 2 x M390 Ritter Minigrips from KW (2 separate orders) in the last month and they open as fluid as a PM2...
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Skywarp wrote:
demoncase wrote:Lovely looking knife and superb materials.....but I know with a cast iron certainty that UK Customs will falsely impound it* and that'll be that :(
Enjoy you lucky fellas that get one.

*UK HMRC is currently 'doing a NYC' and anything which can be opened with even 5 heavy wrist flicks they are counting as a 'gravity knife'- impounding it, then destroying it.....Even when the knife in question patently isn't a gravity knife and is already available in the UK....Sad but unless you've got probably £5k+ to fight it in magistrates court you won't be getting your knife back. :(
Where has this info come from?
The last Spydies I had from the US were the USN ladyhawks but I've had 2 x M390 Ritter Minigrips from KW (2 separate orders) in the last month and they open as fluid as a PM2...
From bitter experience on the British Blades forums I'm afraid....It's hit and miss, for sure.
Skywarp

Post by Skywarp »

Ah, fair enough.
I think I'll keep pushing my luck for now...
Pied

Post by Pied »

What is your experience from the last years - are the forum knifes sold out in the first 60 seconds or do I have time for a nice order ceremony with coffee and cakes? ;-)

I am so excited, I hope I got the right european time for the order.

Good luck guys and girls...
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Pied wrote:What is your experience from the last years - are the forum knifes sold out in the first 60 seconds or do I have time for a nice order ceremony with coffee and cakes? ;-)

I am so excited, I hope I got the right european time for the order.

Good luck guys and girls...
It is difficult to say for sure, but I would think these should be available for a little while, at least. I'd be very shocked if they sold out in one week, let alone one day. :) So break out the coffee and cake my good man! :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Oops, posted in the wrong thread. But looking forward to tomorrow!
Last edited by gbelleh on Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:bug-red-white
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I must say I've never thought of holding an order ceremony. Europe: Still Innovating.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Less than 2 hours!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Donut

Post by Donut »

One hour-ish.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.