New Release! - Police 3 with ZDP-189 and Titanium Scales

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SharpCdn

New Release! - Police 3 with ZDP-189 and Titanium Scales

Post by SharpCdn »

Ok, just a cheap headline to get your attention...

Forgive me, sometimes I stoop to low levels to draw attention to GREAT concepts.

Since I seem to be the only fan of the Police 3 it may never happen...but a man can dream!

Oh yeah, this dream knife...it has a non-clad blade.
RadioactiveSpyder

Re: New Release! - Police 3 with ZDP-189 and Titanium Scales

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Well that got the blood pumping! :)

I've been personally gunning for a dark blue G10 with Super Blue. Ti and ZDP would be awesome too!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Well, while we're wishing for good things to come, why not one in Superblue?
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

In
Drahkis

Post by Drahkis »

In all the way on the superblue.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Well that got the blood pumping! :)

I've been personally gunning for a dark blue G10 with Super Blue. Ti and ZDP would be awesome too!
And I have always been a loyal supporter of this idea. ;)
xinam

Post by xinam »

You had me cussing ! I just bought another police3 g10 SE last night!! I'm a big fan of the design and would be in for just about anything.Dark blue g10/superblue!!!! Def in on that!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi SharpCdn,

Welcome to our forum.

Certainly worth a discussion. The Police 3 is a very mature and functional design. Large for many areas legally. I like it but I'm biased. I would not be opposed to a G-10 ZDP version. a Ti version could get expensive, but not opposed to that either. Don't know if I can get BRG G-10. Will have to inquire. I guess we could use something else? Even anodized aluminum would be possible and would keep it light. A ZDP version, then a Super Blue version, then a ....

sal
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

I like where Sal is going with this
RadioactiveSpyder

Thanks for your input Sal. In regard to the BRG G10, isn't the Forest Green used on the 204P PM2/Military and forum Native 5 close enough, and more importantly, available?

Second question: does ZDP have to come before Super Blue? I really like ZDP-189 but a dark blue G10 SB Police 3 would blow the ZDP one out of the water (sales-wise especially)!

Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
xinam

Post by xinam »

The Disco, of the SE was a heartbreaking moment for me, I hope that we can consider a run of SE with each batch of awesomeness... This really is a knife that every LEO, working man needs in their pocket IMO. I'm lovin this ^ !

On a side note, I think the ZDP scares some consumers with its reputation for being hard to sharpen.... Superblue for the sake of sales :)
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

sal wrote: Certainly worth a discussion. The Police 3 is a very mature and functional design. Large for many areas legally. I like it but I'm biased. I would not be opposed to a G-10 ZDP version. a Ti version could get expensive, but not opposed to that either. Don't know if I can get BRG G-10. Will have to inquire. I guess we could use something else? Even anodized aluminum would be possible and would keep it light. A ZDP version, then a Super Blue version, then a ....

sal
Aluminum would be great in my opinion. It's a very underrated material as it is lightweight, strong, inexpensive and available in many colors. In some regards aluminum is even superior to titanium. But I wouldn't buy a ZDP version.
My personal dream version of the "Police" would feature pinned together aluminum handles and solid(not cladded) super blue.
D-Roc

Post by D-Roc »

As a fellow Canadian, and longtime Police model fan, I have to express my disappointment in your mischievous, underhanded way of getting our attention... :confused:
But...nice try. Would be nice for sure.

SharpCdn wrote:Ok, just a cheap headline to get your attention...

Forgive me, sometimes I stoop to low levels to draw attention to GREAT concepts.

Since I seem to be the only fan of the Police 3 it may never happen...but a man can dream!

Oh yeah, this dream knife...it has a non-clad blade.
:spyder: MEMBRE DE L'ORDRE INTERNATIONALE SPYDEREDGE :spyder:
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

I agree superblue over zdp. Especially if it's solid superblue. Would be one **** of a slicer. I think it would be cool to have a handle material that could patina along with the blade. If it's titanium or aluminum scales I vote for an anodized deep dark blue.
sal

Post by sal »

The maker that makes solid superblue is not the maker that makes the Police. Police in Superblue would have to be clad, and maybe gray G-10?

sal
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

i am travvy wrote:I agree superblue over zdp. Especially if it's solid superblue. Would be one **** of a slicer.
You seem to be a wise man. :)
i am travvy wrote: think it would be cool to have a handle material that could patina along with the blade.
Super blue? :p
No seriously pretty much everything that forms a patina is at least as heavy as steel and a knife that big would weigh nearly a ton.

BTW what about a stainless steel handled Police3 just like the original one?
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Yeah I guess clad will do.. lol. I love grey g10 so I would definitely be okay with that. I don't know how others feel about grey but put me down for one!
RadioactiveSpyder

sal wrote:The maker that makes solid superblue is not the maker that makes the Police. Police in Superblue would have to be clad, and maybe gray G-10?

sal
That also sounds good. Speaking of grey G10 and SB, is the C54 Calypso a possibility to receive this treatment? Is this one made by the Japanese maker that uses solid SB? This knife would also fit the bill nicely for a nice long stick of SB!

Also in reference to the last C54 sprint in brown G10 and the Stretch 2 ZDP in the same color, maybe this brown could be used for a ZDP Police 3 sprint?

Thanks, Radioactive :)

Last edited by RadioactiveSpyder on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timlara

Post by timlara »

My issue with gray G10 is that it shows dirt and even picks up dye from my jeans pretty quickly. It's not that hard to clean off, but it's just kind of annoying to have to do so.

I'm not opposed to gray G10 in keeping with the theme of the super blue Caly, etc, but if I have the choice, I always prefer darker colors or CF.
RadioactiveSpyder

True, but you can RIT dye grey G10 dark blue just fine ;) :D