Fairly comprehensive list of Spyderos in movies, tv shows, etc

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kennethsime

Re: Fairly comprehensive list of Spyderos in movies, tv shows, etc

Post by kennethsime »

vivi wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:18 pm
This is my first time through. Its quickly become a favorite series of mine. Reminds me a lot of Star Trek TNG.
I watched it almost religiously when it first came out - glad to hear it's still good!

My take is a kind of like Star Trek with a bit more action, and a lot more military. The only reason I haven't started in again is that we're currently watching Star Trek for the first time! Finished TNG, almost done with Voyager, and DS9 is next up.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

How about books? The Harpy makes an appearance several times in Brad Crouch's book 2 of the Wayward Pines trilogy. Excellent series.
Christian Noble

Post by Christian Noble »

z4vdBt wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:12 pm
How about books?
Several mention of Spydies in the Gray Man book series by Mark Greaney which Netflix has picked up.

Also thoroughly enjoying the "Jake Noble" books by William Miller where in the 5th book, "Noble Asset" he carries a Spyderco.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Watched The Hunter this a.m. and noticed the Spyderco coming out of pocket about 51 minutes in ... saber grind Delica.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

A number of times in the anime Durarara!! does a knife, that’s probably the Spyderco Centofante 3, show up.
It’s animated, but I think it’s cool to see this specific Japanese made model and other knives clearly inspired by Spydercos in a Japanese anime series.

Edit: Uh... nevermind! I somehow managed to miss that this was already on the list.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Animal Kingdom Season 5 Episode 8, Pope terrorizes the father in a custody dispute.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Animal Kingdom Season 5 Episode 9, Let it Ride.
Sociopath Pope, aka Andrew, uses his Spyderco to cut the wrapper on some new furniture
that replaces the stuff his late mother had picked out. And buries her picture in a drawer.

This photo is poor but when the film is running it is clearly a Spyderco of some sort.
My picture from the previous episode showed a blunt point.
They probably did that for safety reasons in action sequences.
Another less threatening scene in that episode showed it was clearly a sharp point.
They probably use two knives. Will we be seeing some knife action? Pope is a sick puppy.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

Mad Mac wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:24 pm
Animal Kingdom Season 5 Episode 9, Let it Ride.
Sociopath Pope, aka Andrew, uses his Spyderco to cut the wrapper on some new furniture
that replaces the stuff his late mother had picked out. And buries her picture in a drawer.
I don't think that's a Spyderco. It looks more like a Douk-Douk or something similar.

Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

I cannot see your images but
in Episode 8 when he is terrorizing the shirtless man,
he rolls the knife in his hand and momentarily
the Spyderco "Bug" is clearly visible.
Maybe I should have made a picture then
or when he used it earlier in the program.
Things are much clearer when the film is rolling.
The mind stitches fragments of images together to form a whole impression.
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

If you can't see the other pics, you probably won't be able to see this one either, but the knife he has ins S05E08 looks like a Tenacious. It is definitely not the same knife he uses in E09.

Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Okay, thanks. Can't disagree with you about that.
sethwm

Post by sethwm »

Is it just me or do the knives on this thread seem disproportionately serrated or partially serrated?
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

sethwm wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:40 am
Is it just me or do the knives on this thread seem disproportionately serrated or partially serrated?
Here's the thought process that puts serrated Spydercos into movies and TV...

Production Assistant: "We need a scary looking pocket knife."
Property Master: "Here's one that looks like an angry pterodactyl!"
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

Accutron wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:56 am
Here's the thought process that puts serrated Spydercos into movies and TV...

Production Assistant: "We need a scary looking pocket knife."
Property Master: "Here's one that looks like an angry pterodactyl!"
^ Exactly this.
—Daniel Jackson
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

I just spotted a spyderco on “The Wire” tv show ( one of the best in history) season 2 episode 2 @ 56 min at the end. Warning, gruesome.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Bumping for Skeeg11.
SS Police spotted in S4 E9 of 'The Rookie' at 30:16 mark.
And
S6 E5 of 'Castle' around the 35 minute mark.
For all you Nathan Fillion an SS Police fans.

(I see that Castle S6 E5 is already on the list)
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Good call, ZerosN1s. Watched The Rookie, one of my favorites, on my DVR tonight.
Detective Angela Lopez (Alyssa Diaz) stabs her SS SE Police
into a can of "Cocaine" de Oro being smuggled from Mexico through a food bank.

skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Thanks, guys.
James Y

Post by James Y »

I believe that the SS Police has been the single most-seen Spyderco model in movies and TV shows. The majority of which happened in the '90s. However, the SS Police has shown up post-2K, even up to recently.

Jim
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

skeeg11 wrote:Thanks, guys.
Mad Mac wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:16 pm
Good call, ZerosN1s. Watched The Rookie, one of my favorites, on my DVR tonight.
Detective Angela Lopez (Alyssa Diaz) stabs her SS SE Police
into a can of "Cocaine" de Oro being smuggled from Mexico through a food bank.
Credit goes to Skeeg11 for finding the clip and posting in another thread.
:grin-big eyes
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal