Fairly comprehensive list of Spyderos in movies, tv shows, etc

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pokey

Re: Fairly comprehensive list of Spyderos in movies, tv shows, etc

Post by Pokey »

Don't know if anyone posted about this Glock commercial from several years ago, but at about 34 seconds into it the bad guy pulls what could be an Endura SE.

https://youtu.be/vTiLkkMCMQ4
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Yes, looks like a saber grind, combination edge Endura CE.
Funny commercial. Unfortunate it was in the hands of the bad guy.

When I was a youngster no one dared run from a cop.
Now we are too civilized.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

Mad Mac wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:03 am
Yes, looks like a hollow grind, combination edge Endura CE.
Funny commercial. Unfortunate it was in the hands of the bad guy.

When I was a youngster no one dared run from a cop.
Now we are too civilized.
I hear ya!

The series of commercials that Glock came out with back then had kind of lighthearted departure from reality. The first time I watched this I was expecting the little dog to lift its leg on the bad guys head. :D
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

That would have been great! (But politically incorrect.)
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

HaHAHA! That's one with Gunny I've not seen.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

I have a correction for the list. I happened to watch Terra Nova fairly recently, and the knife shown is not a Delica or Endura. It's some knockoff with an oval opening hole.

James Y

Post by James Y »

Accutron wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:54 pm
I have a correction for the list. I happened to watch Terra Nova fairly recently, and the knife shown is not a Delica or Endura. It's some knockoff with an oval opening hole.

That looks a bit like one of those Tool Logic knives from years ago. I don’t know if they’re even still being sold or not. I used to see them at a long-defunct sporting goods chain store I used to frequent.

Jim
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

Yup, I think you've correctly identified it. It's a Tool Logic SL3. Knifeworks sells them for $23.95.

Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

In his original post, kiwigunguy included the 2001 sci fi movie, Impostor.
Gary Sinise uses this 2079 Spyderco to escape from his guards.

NorthShoreBoiBoi

Post by NorthShoreBoiBoi »

Most of the Luna Rossa Americas Cup Team are wearing Salt series knives in their PFDs. Unfortunately i havent seen a Spyderco sticker on the hull or sails
f292c10a42117f4f08048b9ddb7e3206.jpg
sal

Post by sal »

We were sponsor for the the last cup, and provided knives for many of the teams, but no one asked us this time.

sal
NorthShoreBoiBoi

Post by NorthShoreBoiBoi »

sal wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:54 pm
We were sponsor for the the last cup, and provided knives for many of the teams, but no one asked us this time.

sal
Definitely disappointed to hear that since I've seen quite a few across the teams this cup. All the smart sailors I know carry a good knife, and its usually a spyderco. Ill have to ask the American Magic crowd if I see them around
Kiwigunguy

Post by Kiwigunguy »

Accutron wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:54 pm

The list has been updated. Thanks for your help.
"An experienced shooter of limited skill and dangerous enthusiasm." -Hitman: Blood Money newspaper
"Stop having a boring knife, stop having a boring life." -Shamwow Guy in Jail
"Also, I think knives are a good idea. Big, f u c k-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. S h i t 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro." -Soap in Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
Kiwigunguy

Post by Kiwigunguy »

NorthShoreBoiBoi wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:41 pm
Most of the Luna Rossa Americas Cup Team are wearing Salt series knives in their PFDs. Unfortunately i havent seen a Spyderco sticker on the hull or sails
f292c10a42117f4f08048b9ddb7e3206.jpg
I've actually been working as part of the America's Cup security team since December, and I made a couple Spyderco sightings.
Jimmy Spithill and the Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli Team are equipped with yellow Pacific Salt 2s.
Dean Barker and American Magic are equipped with black Enuffs.
Sir Ben Ainslie and Ineos Team UK have unidentified fixed blade knives with black and orange handles, clearly not Spyderco.
I haven't seen any knives visible on Peter Burling and Emirates Team New Zealand. Presumably they have knives of some description in a pocket or pouch.

Having carried and used a Pacific Salt daily for several years, I'm sure they will serve the Italians just fine if needed.
I thought it was interesting that the Americans chose the VG-10 Enuff instead of the H-1 Enuff Salt for marine use.
That said, it is entirely possible that they are using Enuff Salts fitted with the black handles from the Enuff.
Either way, a very cool piece of kit, and nice to see Spyderco getting some exposure.
"An experienced shooter of limited skill and dangerous enthusiasm." -Hitman: Blood Money newspaper
"Stop having a boring knife, stop having a boring life." -Shamwow Guy in Jail
"Also, I think knives are a good idea. Big, f u c k-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. S h i t 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro." -Soap in Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
vivi

Post by vivi »

Looked like some sort of FRN scaled hollow saber ground SE sheepsfoot. Some sort of rescue model.
:unicorn
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

vivi wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:21 pm

Looked like some sort of FRN scaled hollow saber ground SE sheepsfoot. Some sort of rescue model.
Man I've been wanting to re-watch Stargate ever since it popped up on Netflix. It's definitely been at least 15 years since I watched it last. How's it hold up?
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

Team NZ had a one piece Titanium knife last time around, maybe the same type this time?
I will ask around.
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

vivi wrote:
That appears to be a rare first generation no-choil Rescue C14SBK in G-2 steel. They added the choil somewhere around 1999.
vivi

Post by vivi »

kennethsime wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:45 pm
vivi wrote:

Man I've been wanting to re-watch Stargate ever since it popped up on Netflix. It's definitely been at least 15 years since I watched it last. How's it hold up?
This is my first time through. Its quickly become a favorite series of mine. Reminds me a lot of Star Trek TNG.
:unicorn