Fairly comprehensive list of Spyderos in movies, tv shows, etc

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pokey

Re: Fairly comprehensive list of Spyderos in movies, tv shows, etc

Postby Pokey » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:00 am

Don't know if anyone posted about this Glock commercial from several years ago, but at about 34 seconds into it the bad guy pulls what could be an Endura SE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTiLkkMCMQ4

Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Postby Mad Mac » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:03 am

Yes, looks like a saber grind, combination edge Endura CE.
Funny commercial. Unfortunate it was in the hands of the bad guy.

When I was a youngster no one dared run from a cop.
Now we are too civilized.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, two Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Sharpmaker, Police SE, Small SpyderPac, Ultra-Fine Stones, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, two Large Lum Pink G10, Rubicon. 2017: Battlestation, Orange Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: EuroEdge, ClipiTool Standard, 2019 Calendar Contest Rhino CF PLN.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.

Pokey

Postby Pokey » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:13 am

Mad Mac wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:03 am
Yes, looks like a hollow grind, combination edge Endura CE.
Funny commercial. Unfortunate it was in the hands of the bad guy.

When I was a youngster no one dared run from a cop.
Now we are too civilized.
I hear ya!

The series of commercials that Glock came out with back then had kind of lighthearted departure from reality. The first time I watched this I was expecting the little dog to lift its leg on the bad guys head. :D

Mad Mac

Postby Mad Mac » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:15 am

That would have been great! (But politically incorrect.)
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, two Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Sharpmaker, Police SE, Small SpyderPac, Ultra-Fine Stones, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, two Large Lum Pink G10, Rubicon. 2017: Battlestation, Orange Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: EuroEdge, ClipiTool Standard, 2019 Calendar Contest Rhino CF PLN.

Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Postby Doc Dan » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:07 am

HaHAHA! That's one with Gunny I've not seen.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

https://www.facebook.com/fallplanet Author page

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

Accutron

Postby Accutron » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:54 pm

I have a correction for the list. I happened to watch Terra Nova fairly recently, and the knife shown is not a Delica or Endura. It's some knockoff with an oval opening hole.

James Y

Postby James Y » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:08 pm

Accutron wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:54 pm
I have a correction for the list. I happened to watch Terra Nova fairly recently, and the knife shown is not a Delica or Endura. It's some knockoff with an oval opening hole.

That looks a bit like one of those Tool Logic knives from years ago. I don’t know if they’re even still being sold or not. I used to see them at a long-defunct sporting goods chain store I used to frequent.

Jim

Accutron

Postby Accutron » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:28 pm

Yup, I think you've correctly identified it. It's a Tool Logic SL3. Knifeworks sells them for $23.95.

Mad Mac

Postby Mad Mac » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:50 pm

In his original post, kiwigunguy included the 2001 sci fi movie, Impostor.
Gary Sinise uses this 2079 Spyderco to escape from his guards.

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”