Fairly comprehensive list of Spyderos in movies, tv shows, etc

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TkoK83Spy

Re: Fairly comprehensive list of Spyderos in movies, tv shows, etc

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Funny this thread pops up today. Just last night my wife and I were watching the 2009 version of "The Last House on The Left" Around 27 minutes in, looks to be a full SE Delica.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Mad Mac wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:51 am
Don't know about that but I think the Company should give knives to the actors, directors and producers of action movies and thrillers. It could be a relatively inexpensive form of product placement.
I agree but my only reservation on that would be that such a thing could be twisted by the anti knife crowd to say "Oh see that? Those wicked dangerous deadly Spyderco knives are used in that action movie!"
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

The right way vs wicked. Many believe there is no such thing as bad publicity. With respect to knives, people who fear knives, guns and other weapons will not know what brand of knife was used. Knife enthusiasts will not be discouraged from buying a brand because it was used with evil intent, but some mall ninjas might be compelled to get one. I really don't see a downside.

But now that you mention it, perhaps Spyderco should also give knives to the casts of outdoor, fishing, shooting sports and survival shows -- you know, those reality TV shows.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I wish MacGyver had used Spyderco knives along with his SAKs.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Agreed, but the original MacGyver premiered in 1985. While the worker was introduced in 1981 and the Police appeared in 1984 it was not until 1990 that the Endura, Delica and Starmate (the first mass produced tactical folder) really put the Company on the map. I can't bear to watch the current iteration of MacGyver.

Today, if the actors on a show like NCIS sported Spydercos, that would be a huge score.
Even just the glint of the clip.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Sober_Survival

Post by Sober_Survival »

Not sure if it's on this list, but in the series 'The Blacklist' S1.E5 @ 30:00min mark. There is a Spyderco, grasshopper? One of the tiny ones.
There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15.13
Sober_Survival

Post by Sober_Survival »

Sober_Survival wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:04 pm
Not sure if it's on this list, but in the series 'The Blacklist' S1.E5 @ 30:00min mark. There is a Spyderco, grasshopper? One of the tiny ones.
Honeybee. Already on list. My bad.
There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15.13
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Several knives appear briefly in FXHD's The Weekly Season 1 Episode 23, The Eddie Gallagher Effect, which will air four more times in the next few days. The first knife shown was a CE Endura 4. The other two were fixed blade hunting knives.

VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

The last episode of the first season of Alone. The winner is using an endura 4 in his yard.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
James Y

Post by James Y »

Mad Mac wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:19 am
Today, if the actors on a show like NCIS sported Spydercos, that would be a huge score.
Even just the glint of the clip.
There were some Spydercos that appeared in some early NCIS episodes. The second time Gibbs told Denozzo(sp?) the ‘always have a knife’ rule, Denozzo pulled out a closed Endura (3?) to show he had a knife, too. Also, around the time that McGee first appeared, he used a SE Delica or Endura to free a woman who was tied up. In yet another episode, a serial killer used a SS Police model, but oddly enough, the knife kept in a clear tube in evidence was a SS Endura.

I once saw a yellow-handled SE Salt 1 on a nature show, used by the host on a fishing boat. I don’t recall the show; it was over a decade ago.

The main character on the show Chicago PD has used a combo-edge, saber-ground Endura 4 in several episodes. These were mostly earlier episodes; I haven’t watched the show recently, so I don’t know if he still pulls it out. Also in one episode, one of the men on his team used an Endura 4 to cut a rope.

Jim
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Nathan Fillion, who is right handed, deploys what appears to be a hollow grind PE Endura with his left hand to perform some field surgery on a victim in The Rookie. I think it was S2-E11 February 23.

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

Mad Mac wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:26 pm
Nathan Fillion, who is right handed, deploys what appears to be a hollow grind PE Endura with his left hand to perform some field surgery on a victim in The Rookie. I think it was S2-E11 February 23.

I can't see your pics, but I was watching the same episode. When I saw the Endura I thought of this thread and paused the TV so I could take a picture just in case this thread popped up :) .

Last edited by Xplorer on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

I cant remember if I said this or not. But in the last episode of the first season of alone, the winner uses an endura in his yard, in the last episode.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
PineChaos

Post by PineChaos »

Spyderco Harpy
Better Call Saul S05E07

JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

PineChaos wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:45 pm
Spyderco Harpy
Better Call Saul S05E07
Beat me to it! Was very happy to see a Spyderco hawkbill show up, though I was hoping it would be something Mike carried more casually rather than this kind of scene with Nacho. (My mind is slipping, can't remember what other knives have shown up in the Breaking Bad shows, other than the "box cutter".)
PineChaos

Post by PineChaos »

JacksonKnives wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:36 pm
(My mind is slipping, can't remember what other knives have shown up in the Breaking Bad shows, other than the "box cutter".)
All I can remember is this legendary appearance of the Cold Steel Espada.
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

Totally forgot about that! Such a great moment, the armorers on the show don't get many chances to show off little details, but they found a way to add to the story just like everyone else.
drgrouchy

Post by drgrouchy »

8FF8CFEA-580E-444D-A032-5206DF9C4738.jpeg
This knife 🔪 appeared on a recent episode of the CWs “The 100” Season 7 Episode #4 “Hesperides”

It appears to be definitely be a Spyderco semi serated blade just try to get what model for sure....

The knife appears again later in the episode and perhaps another episode....

Thanks again
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

JacksonKnives wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:36 pm
PineChaos wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:45 pm
Spyderco Harpy
Better Call Saul S05E07
Beat me to it! Was very happy to see a Spyderco hawkbill show up, though I was hoping it would be something Mike carried more casually rather than this kind of scene with Nacho. (My mind is slipping, can't remember what other knives have shown up in the Breaking Bad shows, other than the "box cutter".)
After Gus fires Walt in the desert (incidentally threatening the lives of Walt’s family) his henchman (can’t remember his name, the replacement for Victor) slices Walt’s zip tie with a large bladed Spyderco, hole in the blade is visible for a moment. Can’t tell quite what it is, but the guy seems to maybe hit a back lock to close it, so maybe a Police model? When I saw that scene I said “ooh ooh look!” to an empty room.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
James Y

Post by James Y »

drgrouchy wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:21 pm
8FF8CFEA-580E-444D-A032-5206DF9C4738.jpeg

This knife 🔪 appeared on a recent episode of the CWs “The 100” Season 7 Episode #4 “Hesperides”

It appears to be definitely be a Spyderco semi serated blade just try to get what model for sure....

The knife appears again later in the episode and perhaps another episode....

Thanks again
I haven’t seen the show, but that is a pre-1998 Endura, with integral Zytel (FRN) clip.

Jim