ClipiTool Beer Bottle Opener Photo Album

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

ClipiTool Beer Bottle Opener Photo Album

Post by Mad Mac »

For nearly a year, my ClipiTool Bottle Opener was my EDC. With a two beer a day habit, it was a joy to open a cold bottle of beer with it. Unfortunately for health reasons, I have had to give up the craft beers I loved, but not before I chronicled some of my favorites. Below is the first one I photographed. To see 14 more pictures of different brews featuring the ClipiTool, click here. Cheers!

Last edited by Mad Mac on Fri May 29, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Donut

Re: ClipiTool Beer Bottle Opener Photo Album

Post by Donut »

Thanks for sharing, you quitter. :p
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
npad69

Post by npad69 »

nice photos mac! makes me wanna grab an ice cold brew right now for breakfast with my eggs n bacon lol
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Donut wrote:Thanks for sharing, you quitter. :p
Have not quit completely. Simply switched to light beer.
Can still look forward to a couple of Stones in the evening.
Saving the craft beers for special occasions.
It is possible to use the ClipiTool to pry open a lift tab.
Wouldn't want to break a nail. Cheers!

PS: Never visit eBay and search for Spyderco after you have been drinking.
I bought two today!
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
brick

Post by brick »

Mad Mac wrote:
PS: Never visit eBay the internet and search for Spyderco after you have been drinking ever.
Fixed it.
-Tim
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

A good Bock beer is hard to beat. Why give up drinking beer? Hey, wine has no carbs!
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Donut

Post by Donut »

I'm glad to hear you didn't quit on me. :)
Doc Dan wrote:A good Bock beer is hard to beat. Why give up drinking beer? Hey, wine has no carbs!
You can't be serious that fermenting grape juice magically removes all sugar from it! :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

Doc Dan wrote: Why give up drinking beer? Hey, wine has no carbs!
That's not true. In fact wine contains much more carbohydrates than beer.
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

Donut wrote:I'm glad to hear you didn't quit on me. :)
Doc Dan wrote:A good Bock beer is hard to beat. Why give up drinking beer? Hey, wine has no carbs!
You can't be serious that fermenting grape juice magically removes all sugar from it! :)
The process is neither magical nor does it remove sugar. But it actually does convert a part of the sugar biochemically into ethanol.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Spyderco does not make a knife with a corkscrew.
Therefore, we cannot drink wine.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Well, wine does have some, but only around 4g per glass, or less. Beer on the other hand has 13g or more, depending on the type. I just had to go through this with my doctor and dietician. Wine does not even count on the Carb exchange unless you are a guzzler.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Mad Mac wrote:Spyderco does not make a knife with a corkscrew.
True, sad but true. Well, they do make wine with twist off tops and you can cut those off with the blade :D

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

Doc Dan wrote:Well, wine does have some, but only around 4g per glass, or less. Beer on the other hand has 13g or more, depending on the type. I just had to go through this with my doctor and dietician. Wine does not even count on the Carb exchange unless you are a guzzler.
4g/13g of what? I hope you are aware that there are many different types of carbohydrates.
Maybe I was wrong when I claimed beer contains more carbohydrates than wine. I don't know. But I do know that wine contains more energy and alcohol and that both are not healthy at all.
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

In fact they planned to make such a knife. The C31 Europa.
http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C31_Europa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Ignaz wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:Well, wine does have some, but only around 4g per glass, or less. Beer on the other hand has 13g or more, depending on the type. I just had to go through this with my doctor and dietician. Wine does not even count on the Carb exchange unless you are a guzzler.
4g/13g of what? I hope you are aware that there are many different types of carbohydrates.
Maybe I was wrong when I claimed beer contains more carbohydrates than wine. I don't know. But I do know that wine contains more energy and alcohol and that both are not healthy at all.
No, my friend, wine has much less carbohydrates than a standard beer (even sweet wine is still has a little less than a normal beer). It may, or may not, have more alcohol, which your body treats differently than carbs. A simple google of any medical source on alcoholic drinks will confirm this.
Our bodies treat Alcohol and Carbs differently, though many confuse the two. Our bodies will burn alcohol first (hence your confusion on higher energy) and wine often, but not always, has more alcohol. However, alcohol will mess with your liver's ability to produce glucose, which means hypoglycemia is a real problem for people with hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia. The drop in blood glucose levels can be serious.

But, in any case, an FRN Clipitool with a cork screw would be great.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Oh yeah... well beer helps lower cholesterol!

http://fyiliving.com/diet/moderate-beer ... olesterol/
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Ignaz wrote:
http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C31_Europa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ooh, ooh, ooh... another opportunity to show off the Spyderflick
and a Spyderco knife in a social situation.

"Step back from the wine bottle and nobody gets hurt." (Flick, click and smile.)
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

Doc Dan wrote:
Ignaz wrote:
No, my friend, wine has much less carbohydrates than a standard beer (even sweet wine is still has a little less than a normal beer). It may, or may not, have more alcohol, which your body treats differently than carbs. A simple google of any medical source on alcoholic drinks will confirm this.
Our bodies treat Alcohol and Carbs differently, though many confuse the two. Our bodies will burn alcohol first (hence your confusion on higher energy) and wine often, but not always, has more alcohol. However, alcohol will mess with your liver's ability to produce glucose, which means hypoglycemia is a real problem for people with hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia. The drop in blood glucose levels can be serious.
I think you should read my post again. I didn't confuse anything. Wine does usually contain more energy. I assume this is because there is more and different sugar in it compared to beer. You also did not answer my question.
Please don't treat me like I was uneducated or a fool. I appreciate your will to correct and help me but it's not needed. If you cannot give a satisfying answer or don't care to read my posts properly please don't answer. Thanks.
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

Mad Mac wrote:
Ignaz wrote:

Ooh, ooh, ooh... another opportunity to show off the Spyderflick
and a Spyderco knife in a social situation.

"Step back from the wine bottle and nobody gets hurt." (Flick, click and smile.)
Haha that would be pretty cool. I hope they have not abandoned the design yet. It's unlikely that we ever see that knife but on the other hand the Tusk has also taken quite some time.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Here is what I found. Source!
Keep It Light With White

As far as calories go, a little white wine isn't so bad, as long as you stay with the recommended serving size of 5 ounces. On average, a 5-ounce glass of white wine has 121 calories. Of course, calories do vary among the different types of wine. For example, a 5-ounce glass of chardonnay has 123 calories, while the same size glass of riesling has 118 calories. The lowest calorie white wine is the muller thurgau, that has 112 calories per 5-ounce glass.

A Little Red Wine Is Fine

Red wine is a little higher in calories than white wine, with an average of 125 calories per 5-ounce glass. A 5-ounce glass of red zinfandel is a little higher than average, with 129 calories and the cabernet sauvignon is a little less than average with 122 calories. The lowest calories red wine is gamay, with 115 calories per 5-ounce glass.

Regular Beer a Little High

When it comes to which beverage has the most calories, regular beer wins. On average, a 12-ounce glass of regular beer, which is considered one drink, has 153 calories. Beer calories also vary from brand to brand. For example, a 12-ounce serving of Budweiser has 146 calories, while the same serving of Blue Moon has 171 calories. The highest calorie beer is the Sierra Nevada Bigfoot with 330 calories per 12-ounce serving.

Save Calories and Make It Light

While regular beer is the highest calorie drink, light beer is the lowest, with an average of 103 calories per 12-ounce serving. Bud Light is a little higher than average, with 110 calories per serving, while Miller Light is a little lower than average, with 96 calories per serving. The lowest calorie light beer choice is Budweiser Select 55, with just 55 calories per 12-ounce serving.
What I always figured was 130 calories for regular beer and 100 calories for light beer is hardly worth the consideration.

Now, in wine and beer, what are the calories coming from if not carbohydrates, grains, and sugars? There could be trace amounts of fat.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.