HAP40 Delica and Endura

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
awa54

Re: HAP40 Delica and Endura

Post by awa54 »

Any word on when the Delica and Endura are supposed to ship?

...the one I just pre-ordered will be my first Delica and my first sprint run knife purchased at release.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

awa54 wrote:Any word on when the Delica and Endura are supposed to ship?

...the one I just pre-ordered will be my first Delica and my first sprint run knife purchased at release.
I doubt that we'll find out until we're notified by email from the seller if we preorder or by seeing them appear at some other dealer who handles sprints. Or by watching this thread or the newer one or maybe someone starting another when they come out. But sometimes the Collectors' Club knives are shipped out a little in advance and occasionally a couple of those will crop up on eBay, so you could get a little advance notice that way.

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting and my breath is about to get bated :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
sal

Post by sal »

I've carried and used the Endura proto quite a bit. Exceptional steel.

sal
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

That's super encouraging! Thanks, Sal! I'm really looking forward to this run.
Niles

Post by Niles »

Sal, what kind of a cutter does this steel become? Is it the kind of thing that will cut tissue paper clean but is tough to cut cardboard with?
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Niles,

We really don't have much history with this steel. Hope to get more once they start coming out.

sal
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

It's also worth noting that the cutting ability is dictated by the geometry, not the steel. The steel, as well as the geometry, and method of cutting, and material being cut, will affect the way the edge wears/is damaged, and thus the edge retention.
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

I for one can not wait to replace my old Endura.with one of these.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

More and more dealers are listing them. Optics Planet says they are expected in 3 to 6 months.

But they also say "The Spyderco SzaboHawk Plain Edge Knife is made with a comfortable handle which will provide you with amazing control over your cutting subject....For a great way to take care of any cutting assignment, pick the Spyderco SzaboHawk Plain Edge Knife." and a lot of other interesting stuff :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Nasgul

Post by Nasgul »

Souuunnnd really nice and most of it, it look they are getting closer :cool:

Hope the HAP40 family will grow as previous : Dragonfly, Manbug, ... :)

National Knives is also listing those two.
:spyder: adds color to your knife addiction :D
Matus

Post by Matus »

Nasgul wrote:
... Hope the HAP40 family will grow as previous : Dragonfly, Manbug, ... :) ...
+1 :spyder:
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Nasgul wrote:Souuunnnd really nice and most of it, it look they are getting closer :cool:

Hope the HAP40 family will grow as previous : Dragonfly, Manbug, ... :)

National Knives is also listing those two.
According to Sal we are:
sal wrote:The plan is to run the entire family; Endura-Stretch-Delica-Dragonfly-Ladybug-Manbug. Color has been approved. Steel has been tested and approved. Added to schedule, and now we wait for them to be produced. 1200 pcs each.

sal
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I reeeeeeaaaaaaly need one of these for my calendar contest entry, so I'm hoping these drop soonish!
Spyder-Monkey

Post by Spyder-Monkey »

I have pre-ordered the HAP Endura, and impatiently await.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

tvenuto wrote:I reeeeeeaaaaaaly need one of these for my calendar contest entry, so I'm hoping these drop soonish!
Hmm all that orange, you must be gunning for the October Halloween photo - A nightmare on Spyderco Street :eek: :D
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Johnnie1801 wrote:
tvenuto wrote:I reeeeeeaaaaaaly need one of these for my calendar contest entry, so I'm hoping these drop soonish!
Hmm all that orange, you must be gunning for the October Halloween photo - A nightmare on Spyderco Street :eek: :D
Haha, close but no cigar. My idea is a little "high concept," but I'm hoping it works. You'll have to wait and see...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

tvenuto wrote:
Johnnie1801 wrote:
Haha, close but no cigar. My idea is a little "high concept," but I'm hoping it works. You'll have to wait and see...
Hmmmm... high concept... you're going to suspend your opened knife under an orange radio controlled helium balloon and chase other balloons with it? :eek: ...nope, that's probably not it :confused:

I'm not feeling very inspired again this year. I wish we could submit multiple entries instead of putting all our Basques in one exit :rolleyes:
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

DougC-3 wrote:I wish we could submit multiple entries instead of putting all our Basques in one exit :rolleyes:
I know what you mean! I was 100% sure on last year's submission, it was a pic I had been thinking of for a long time and required a wedding to pull off, so no doubts there. However this year I know I'll be waffling between a photo with a cool concept behind it, or just a photo for photo's sake.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

tvenuto wrote: I know what you mean! I was 100% sure on last year's submission, it was a pic I had been thinking of for a long time and required a wedding to pull off, so no doubts there. However this year I know I'll be waffling between a photo with a cool concept behind it, or just a photo for photo's sake.
I think the concepts work well especially when they involve things unique to Spyderco, and then, if it's a great photo too, that's icing on the cake ... like you had last time :) but it's easier when it doesn't require a life altering event.

In any case I'm eager to get at least a HAP40 Endura, and it's unlikely more than one of any given knife will be included in the calendar, so there may be some keen competition (personally I haven't decided which knife to use yet).
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I believe my first Dragonfly will be the Orange HAP40 Sprint :)
Ill also be getting my first Delica in it as well.