Mid-Year Supplement Discussion Thread....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
captnvegtble

Re: Mid-Year Supplement Discussion Thread....

Post by captnvegtble »

Freediver wrote:Nice lineup, but I'm still anxiously awaiting the re-release of the Aqua Salt.
Top of my list!
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

yeah i'll definitely buy two of the PE and SE aqua salts. Wish i had gotten the first ones but i can always get rid of the black finish and polish it up a little
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

can't freehand wrote:Spyderco does deserve praise for retaining a sense of dignity though and not going "full retard" like Zero Tolerance.
Curious to know what exactly this means? Not being argumentative, just curious is all.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Apparently there was a multitool prototype, with carbon fiber no less.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
swigert

Post by swigert »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Apparently there was a multitool prototype, with carbon fiber no less.
At blade?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

swigert wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:Apparently there was a multitool prototype, with carbon fiber no less.
At blade?
That's what I heard. I wasn't there though. Maybe someone who saw it could elaborate?..

I just realized I put this in the wrong thread. Meant it to go in the blade thread.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
JudasD

Post by JudasD »

I was pretty bummed when i saw the price of the Mamba. I might not be able to get one :(
Maybe SS liners, rather than Ti, would have been a better choice to help keep the cost down a bit?

JD
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Interesting that the Proficient, which looks so much like a refined Bushcraft is not described as a bushcraft knife. I guess the combo of S90V and full flat grind rather than saber make it unsuitable for batoning. While blade thickness is about the same, the UK Bushcraft carried that 3.6mm spine most of the way to the tip.

I've always wanted a Gayle Bradley and the GB2 looks very nice. I'm down to about one new knife a year now and the GB2 is a contender.