buying spyderco in turkey side

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mrbushido

buying spyderco in turkey side

Post by mrbushido »

Hello planning a turkey tour i august any place in side to buy real spydercos?
tvenuto

Re: buying spyderco in turkey side

Post by tvenuto »

remnar

Post by remnar »

Are you looking for Spyderco dealers in the country of Turkey?

If so, then I can't help you.

I did however carve our Thanksgiving turkey with my Spyderco Gayle Bradley last year. Maybe not the best Spyderco for the job, but it was the best knife available and it was quite adequate. It also started a nice patina on the M4. :D
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

mrbushido wrote:Hello planning a turkey tour i august any place in side to buy real spydercos?
Hi Mrbushido, I know you are not a native english speaker but you are definitely doing a much better job of it than I would if I were trying to converse on a forum from your country. Good job brother! :) I believe you are asking if you will be able to find a brick and mortar store selling spydercos in Turkey? I would say the odds are against it but thats pure speculation. In what country do you live, if you don't mind me asking?
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

The traditional knives of Turkey are the yatagans and they have low cost and high cost folders and fixed blades. It would be interesting to see the Spyderco knife places there.

I've never been there.
I saw pictures of Doner Kebab/Kebap, which are sliced cooked meat.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Haha ok T, ok. I'm pretty sure he's looking for a dealer in the nation of Turkey.

Unfortunately the dealer locator only includes dealers in the US and Canada, so unless Sal knows of any I think this is going to be a tough search. Just curious, why not buy one at home? Why buy one in another country?

The other thing that came to mind when I first read it was that you were going on a turkey hunt and needed a place to buy a Spyderco for the adventure, in which case I recommend the Military. Works pretty well as a boning knife. ;)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

PayneTrain wrote:Haha ok T, ok. I'm pretty sure he's looking for a dealer in the nation of Turkey.

Unfortunately the dealer locator only includes dealers in the US and Canada, so unless Sal knows of any I think this is going to be a tough search. Just curious, why not buy one at home? Why buy one in another country?

The other thing that came to mind when I first read it was that you were going on a turkey hunt and needed a place to buy a Spyderco for the adventure, in which case I recommend the Military. Works pretty well as a boning knife. ;)
Well there's nothing like speculating while waiting for more information :) I think it's a safe bet that the answer is that either they aren't available "at home" or at least not a good selection at good prices. As for where home is, "Bushido" is a Japanese word meaning something like "the way of the Samurai" which may or may not be a clue :D As for Japan, looking at Rakutan International, which I regard as something like Japanese eBay, the supply seems pretty limited. But I would bet it's much more limited in Turkey. Maybe he could get some Turkish knives and later trade them for Spydercos, LOL

By the way, the turkey bird is native only to North America, so few other people around the world would know about the double meaning :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Haha, Ok I'll desist with the movie quotes, but I'm also still not sure about what's being asked.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

DougC-3 wrote: As for where home is, "Bushido" is a Japanese word meaning something like "the way of the Samurai" which may or may not be a clue :D
I was pretty sure that "bushido" in his name was misleading, and for once in a great while my memory was correct:
mrbushido wrote:hello im at the moment looking to buy this way to good looking folder.

anyone here know of any cheaper places to buy ? im in norway and the gayle bradley with taxes and all will come at around 300 bucks.

anyone know of lamnia.com sell real spydercos?
This fellow is in fact from Norway. I'm pretty sure we have a few Norwegian members. Lamnia is Norwegian, idn't it?

So tell us more, mrbushido! Don't worry about the English, the best way to learn is to just try try try!
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

PayneTrain wrote: This fellow is in fact from Norway. I'm pretty sure we have a few Norwegian members. Lamnia is Norwegian, idn't it?
Lamnia is a dealer in Finland. I ordered my SB Stretch from them last year, bit pricey but great service. They have a big selection of knives, especially Scandinavian/Nordic knives.

MrBushido, if you are looking for Spyderco dealers in Turkey then I suggest you try google. I just had a quick look and I found this one in Istambul

http://www.meydanav.com/magazalar.aspx

If I were you I would be careful and make sure you don't buy a fake.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

tvenuto wrote:Haha, Ok I'll desist with the movie quotes, but I'm also still not sure about what's being asked.

The "failure to communicate" quote is one of my favoritres... Cool Hand Luke, right? It's right on up there with "Go ahead, make my day." (Dirty Harry of course -- I always say this when I'm whizzing down the the road and people on side streets start to inch out in front of me :D )

Your second quote totally escapes me, but then I'm so far out of pop culture it took me about 3 years to find out what a Kardashian was (still don't know why anyone would care), and I thought the kid from Canada was Justin Beaver :rolleyes: :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Yes, Cool Hand Luke. A classic film, and one that's about almost nothing, which is a lost art. We need the whole world to hang in the balance to care anymore (Interstellar).

That other one is from a movie called Pootie Tang, which is a totally ridiculous and rather obscure movie that you shouldn't feel bad for not knowing about. It was a spoof on the old "Blacksploitation" movies. The main protagonist, Pootie Tang, spoke in a made-up language that only he knew but everyone else seemed to understand. The title of this thread reminded me of his more memorable quote: "Sine your pitty on the runny kine."
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

tvenuto wrote:Yes, Cool Hand Luke. A classic film, and one that's about almost nothing, which is a lost art. We need the whole world to hang in the balance to care anymore (Interstellar).

That other one is from a movie called Pootie Tang, which is a totally ridiculous and rather obscure movie that you shouldn't feel bad for not knowing about. It was a spoof on the old "Blacksploitation" movies. The main protagonist, Pootie Tang, spoke in a made-up language that only he knew but everyone else seemed to understand. The title of this thread reminded me of his more memorable quote: "Sine your pitty on the runny kine."

It does have a similar ring to it :)
mrbushido

Post by mrbushido »

Haha gotta love you guys haha bought a gayle bradley from lamnia that arrived today actually. I changed the pin location and broke on of the screws haha my own bad. And it come very dull at the start of the curvature up towards the tip and razor sharp at the start of the blade.

Haha not looking for turkey carving knife or something in that alley but looking for a dealer in side turkey that sells spyderco knifes haha

Gonna put that m4 steel against the stones tonight cant wait :-)
mrbushido

Post by mrbushido »

And my nick mrbushido is because i have trained martial arts in over 16 years so osu to all fellow martial artists
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I am regrettably not a martial artist, but konnichiwa, mrbushido-san :)
Last edited by DougC-3 on Wed May 20, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrbushido

Post by mrbushido »

Hello to you too bro :-)
mrbushido

Post by mrbushido »

Btw i can say the m4 is a ***** to sharpen even on a 400 chosera it takes forever baaah so i gave up haha

Its okay sharp :-P
mrbushido

Post by mrbushido »

Now its shaving sharp and cuting easy feather sticks etc etc

Would love a hunking survival knife easy drop point in m4 blade length about 20-25 cmm 3mm spine and full flat ground blade and bevel set att 15/15 **** that would be great for batoning feather sticks and everything have awesome edge retention and take a beating