buying spyderco in turkey side

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PayneTrain

Re: buying spyderco in turkey side

Post by PayneTrain »

Yeah I can't find anything on google other than the business Johnnie found and posted a link to. If only we had more Turkish members here. I hear it's a beautiful country though, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it even if you don't get to bring a Spyderco back with you.

Love the Gayle Bradley, and M4. I find it takes a little longer to sharpen than some steels, but not as bad as others like ZDP or S110V. I use Spyderco ceramic stones though, maybe they're better for the task?

And if you got the money (and don't want to make it yourself), you can definitely get that blade made. I had a knife done by a custom maker named Darrin Sanders on Bladeforums. Great guy, as most of them are. They love what they do and they'll work with you. Darrin did a beautiful job and did it pretty fast, so I owe it to him to recommend him.
mrbushido

Post by mrbushido »

Money is the only thing i aint got haha if i had lots of money i would have a dedicated knife and sharpening room :-D
JudasD

Post by JudasD »

tvenuto wrote:Yes, Cool Hand Luke. A classic film, and one that's about almost nothing, which is a lost art. We need the whole world to hang in the balance to care anymore (Interstellar).

That other one is from a movie called Pootie Tang, which is a totally ridiculous and rather obscure movie that you shouldn't feel bad for not knowing about. It was a spoof on the old "Blacksploitation" movies. The main protagonist, Pootie Tang, spoke in a made-up language that only he knew but everyone else seemed to understand. The title of this thread reminded me of his more memorable quote: "Sine your pitty on the runny kine."
Mad props for the Pootie Tang meme. I LOVE that movie!!!

JD