BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ncmiked

Re: BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Post by Ncmiked »

Mine landed this morning, just in time for a special birthday present! The kid was beyond stoked..
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Stainyes wrote:Image

Just in case you were wondering what a ratcheting bit wrench was.
That's a nice one and would have been helpful to have on hand. Many of us here are familiar with these by the way...

As an aside, I'm not sure why this thread has developed several underlying nasty tones in it... Dunno, maybe it's just me (I'll just stop posting pics of my mods I guess).

Cheers, Radioactive
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

The two I ordered came today, 4 days usps first class to AK, not bad I must admit. Both examples perfect in every way.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Got it!

ImageX

Post by ImageX »

I ordered one Thursday when they went on sale... and another on Friday when availability trumped restraint. Both showed up today. I think the Jade is way awesome and am really happy to add it to my collection. I think the S110V has been dethroned as far as PM2 build quality goes. I think these will be highly sought after for a long time.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

I got mine! Hooray!...right? Wrong!

I was just reading all this screw talk before finally getting my box and opening it up, and I was scratching my head because I had never had a problem with stubborn screws or my Husky bit set, and was even contemplating posting a little praise for them. But sure enough, I go to do a routine clip position switch, and I now have a thoroughly stripped screw! Thankfully only one, because they sure were in there tight. Harrrumph! :mad: I've never had to deal with this before. How do I get this screw out now? It seems too tiny to use any of the methods I'd consider in my automotive endeavors. And I assume getting a replacement is as easy as sending a kindly worded email?

That mess aside, I love the G10. Just what I wanted. Mechanically it is a tad stiff, but smooth and centered so I am pleased. Can't wait to carry it...but I may have to.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
Scroop

Post by Scroop »

I don't understand why on a model that has a pocket clip that was meant to be changed to user preference, that they would use red loctite...baffeling

Don't have mine yet, yes I ordered the minute they became available...and I live 17 hours away from Lehi :confused:
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

My clip screws didn't have any loctite on them but they were very tight. Had to use quite a bit of pressure to get them off.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

You know, it's really hard to tell, but it looks like green on the clip screws. Maybe blue, I'd need magnification and better lighting to be sure. The tiniest little drop, barely noticeable, maybe spans two threads.

Still, c'mon, don't use Loctite there. I really don't think it's necessary, and I surely won't be reapplying unless this turns out to be the first Spyderco I've owned that needs it, which I highly doubt.
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

This is my first (and second) Paramilitary and Golden model. My impression:
1. PM2 is bigger than it looks. Can't imagine how big a military is in hand.
2. Blade spine is thicker than I anticipated.
3. Pivot is smooth as butter
4. Knife is really well designed.

I did notice that there are obvious assembly marks. If this is common, it begs the question: how would the factory be able to tell if a knife you sent in had been disassembled, thus voiding the warranty?
Ryan

“Every created being is so constituted as to be capable of vice and virtue. For he can do nothing praiseworthy, if he had not the power of turning either way.” - Justin Martyr
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I switched my pocket clip (with my Husky set) and had no problems. The screws were actually on the loose side.
:bug-red-white
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

I just received mine today! Love it! It opens smoothly, closes effortlessly and the blade is centered. I changed the clip position immediately and found no thread lock on the clip screws.

Getting a new PM2 in the mail is a great way the start the week! :spyder: :D :spyder:
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
Jmotley

Post by Jmotley »

Mine came in today. Excellent example as well! Centered, smooth, and great lock up. Thank you BHQ and thank you Spyderco. Going in the pocket and put to work tomorrow!
Jmotley

Post by Jmotley »

I changed my clip position as well and had no issues with the screws. They were snug but I didn't see any evidence of locktite.
Chumango

Post by Chumango »

I did my standard modifications - lightly sand scales so they don't shred pockets (the G10 is pretty grippy) and sand the clip so it is satin instead of polished so as to reflect less. It will definitely be a user. I did not pay attention to whether there was loctite on the clip screws, if there was it was very little. But the screws were pretty tight. When I put the clip back on I used purple loctite. A side effect is that I can see the loctite with the natural G10.

Nice color in person. Exceedingly sharp out of the box. Centered. Nice action if a tad tight, and early lockup. The only thing off is the grind is asymmetrical. Each side is even by itself but the two sides are different.
Scroop

Post by Scroop »

gbelleh wrote:I switched my pocket clip (with my Husky set) and had no problems. The screws were actually on the loose side.
Thanks for chiming in, puts my doubts to rest.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Hmm. Maybe I just got the one rogue assembler. I actually am one, so I know how it goes! But yeah, guy or gal, no more Loctite on the clip screws!

I mean, maybe it's not even Loctite. This is the best pic I can get, and there's very little color. It's under incandescent light supplemented with my phone's flashlight. But there's definitely something there on the two I could remove, and the third will not budge (therefore stripped).

Though upon inspection of the holes, there is definitely something in there, and the slivers do look a bit blue. I didn't manage to tease one out. Again, the amount used was minuscule (odd, thought that was spelled miniscule, but it's not), but based on where it was on the screws, the fact that it is on at least two of them and more than likely the third, and they were all extra tight with one being stuck, I have to come to the conclusion that it was Loctite.

But it's all rather inconsequential. I'm not here to crusade, as if I ever could against Spyderco! Caution others, perhaps. Wag my finger at the new guy in Golden...it may please me on a very egocentric level. But that's about the end of it. I think I can live with tip down carry for a few days til I can get a spare screw out my way!
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

Chumango wrote:I did my standard modifications - lightly sand scales so they don't shred pockets (the G10 is pretty grippy) and sand the clip so it is satin instead of polished so as to reflect less. It will definitely be a user. I did not pay attention to whether there was loctite on the clip screws, if there was it was very little. But the screws were pretty tight. When I put the clip back on I used purple loctite. A side effect is that I can see the loctite with the natural G10.

Nice color in person. Exceedingly sharp out of the box. Centered. Nice action if a tad tight, and early lockup. The only thing off is the grind is asymmetrical. Each side is even by itself but the two sides are different.
I purchased two and found that the grind on the clip side was considerably more obtuse than the presentation side on both examples. My 204p Green Military is the same way. Maybe the loctite guy is sharpening knives as well. :D
Scroop

Post by Scroop »

couldn't help but chuckle