BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jalcon

Re: BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Post by jalcon »

jalcon

Post by jalcon »

So there was 2,400 in this run? Meaning they sold $384,000 in a few hours. My god.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Wow, 2300 sold out in just hours, thats crazy, sure am glad I hit them up first thing, I dont think I've ever seen a sell out so fast, these things will be going for insane prices on the secondary. :eek:
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Well..... Guess I won't be buying one tomorrow then.
animportant

Post by animportant »

2300?? Thought max was 1200.
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

i am travvy wrote:Well..... Guess I won't be buying one tomorrow then.
Depends on how long it takes them to clean up all the duplicate orders and if they can get that done today or if it spills into tomorrow. They are still going out of stock as fast as they come back into stock.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

aquaman67 wrote:I was one of the early orderers that got the payment error message.

I just got this email.

I guess we did break the internet for real. Lol
I just did as well. Woohoo!
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

I wonder if they are going to hold some back in case there are some defective knives shipped out and people ask for replacements.

Remember the 2013 forum knife? A few trickled out now and then after they sold out. Maybe that's why?

Anyway. Very Jealous of those that have one in their hands now....
Clip

Post by Clip »

Landed 3 (had to hedge my bets in case one was off center, and one for a pre-need replacement). They actually took longer than I thought to sell out. Two hours after they went live I still saw some in stock.
Studey

Post by Studey »

Got the error message (I ordered at 10:00), but have since gotten the thumbs up message!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

just refreshed the page and it showed in stock, tried for a 3rd to maybe pass on to a brother here but by the time I got to check out....no dice, oh well, for those who missed out keep checking you could get lucky.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Wow! I did not think they were going to go that fast! 400 dark green PM2's took longer than that! That is astounding! Glad I got mine in, and I wish I could have afforded to buy a second to pass along to someone who missed out. I really didn't anticipate such a rush with the two other upcoming variations and now the Military. Hope you're ready, Knifeworks!

Also I just loved the way BladeHQ handled this, from announcement to the chuckleworthy email after we overloaded the system. Great communication all throughout, so I never broke a sweat. Hats off to you folks, and thank you for all the effort!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
flatearth

Post by flatearth »

jeez all 2400 sold out in a matter of hours... I was hoping there would be some after I got home from work

I wish they would have had a pre-order with maybe a limit of 1 per person.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

michaelm466 wrote:I talked to a very friendly and knowledgeable lady at the counter, she said they initially sold out of the run of 2300 (2x 1200 piece runs - 100CC pieces) in 2 or 3 hours
Wow, I guess not many were as put off by the color as it seemed from the forum chatter.

That's about one sale every five seconds, well done BHQ!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
swigert

Post by swigert »

Jeez that was fast and double what we thought was the max. Wow.

I find it funny that people are comparing this to CS's last exclusive.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I ordered mine at 10:01 MDT, got the order confirmation then the CC problem message. As soon as I saw that most people were getting the CC prob message, I stopped worrying, and especially after they explained and said the orders would be completed. Apparently a lot of people didn't see or didn't trust those messages and reordered. Meanwhile, the CC withdrawal was posted on my bank account. Then I got the message that they would not honor duplicate orders, which seems like their only reasonable way to prevent the snafu of scores of returns and scads of disappointed people who would have to wait days for knives to be mailed back before they would have a chance to reorder. Then 6 and a half hours after ordering, I got my first class shipping notice and tracking number :D

I think BHQ handled and are handling it about as well as possible, considering that their outside credit card service provider was swamped. Maybe I'm just happy because mine is coming soon, but I laud them for the job they're doing. Maybe their CC service will get a bigger server next time.

It's hard to believe this is a 2300 unit exclusive, with the other 100 probably going to Collectors Club members or being held back for warranty service. I've never heard of more than a 1200 unit exclusive before.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

It really is amazing though isn't it? That by my math..since the CS PM2 sold in like 4 months....120 days...and this one sold out in we'll said three hours...thats...960 times faster....oh...and this was TWICE the amount of knives..so let's call it 1,920 times faster. I mean...I can't make sense of THAT.
swigert

Post by swigert »

jalcon wrote:It really is amazing though isn't it? That by my math..since the CS PM2 sold in like 4 months....120 days...and this one sold out in we'll said three hours...thats...960 times faster....oh...and this was TWICE the amount of knives..so let's call it 1,920 times faster. I mean...I can't make sense of THAT.
Think about the knives though. Totally different. This one is so much more desirable. And will appeal to more people. Plus the limit of 3.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

swigert wrote:
jalcon wrote:It really is amazing though isn't it? That by my math..since the CS PM2 sold in like 4 months....120 days...and this one sold out in we'll said three hours...thats.m..960 times faster....oh...and this was TWICE the amount of knives..so let's call it 1,920 times faster. I mean...I can't make sense of THAT.
Think about the knives though. Totally different. This one is so much more desirable. And will appeal to more people. Plus the limit of 3.
I get that. What you are saying would suggest it to sell out maybe 3-4 times faster.

This sold out TWO THOUSAND times faster. It's amazing any way you split it.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

swigert wrote:
jalcon wrote:It really is amazing though isn't it? That by my math..since the CS PM2 sold in like 4 months....120 days...and this one sold out in we'll said three hours...thats...960 times faster....oh...and this was TWICE the amount of knives..so let's call it 1,920 times faster. I mean...I can't make sense of THAT.
Plus the price. That's the biggest difference imo. This one was very attractive to the flippers.

Oh, and in case anyone missed out, don't worry. I just saw one with a "buy it now" option on eBay for $500. :rolleyes: ;)