BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RadioactiveSpyder

Re: BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I just received a confirmation email from them with no mention of a payment error... Hopefully this is only affecting a few folks and I'm sure they'll square everything out when the dust settles!

I should add that I logged into my BHQ account before trying to buy, and all my CC info was already saved in their system. Maybe that's what helped grease mine through...
Last edited by RadioactiveSpyder on Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
timlara

Post by timlara »

Payment error here as well, so I think it's safe to say it's not a problem with anybody's card. The notification email I got does say they'll hold your order for 48 hours, so I'm not too worried.

It's a bummer, but honestly, I still file this under great service on BHQ's part. Having worked in Point-of-Sale administration for 15 years, I know how annoying / problematic credit card processing can be...
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Well, that went smoothly. Props to BHQ. My real excitement starts with a notification that the one I ordered has shipped.

In the meantime, I'll commend myself for waiting on some smaller 52100 Spydie so I could get this M4 PM2, which the Knifeworks version will soon join.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Notified of payment error.

EDIT AGAIN: I now have a shipment notification. As I said earlier, I'm stoked. Thanks BHQ for being quick on your feet.
Last edited by wrdwrght on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Payment error here as well.
Orangeneck

Post by Orangeneck »

ditto
sovereign

Post by sovereign »

Blade HQ just commented this on their Facebook page, "Alright I have an update for everyone. Our credit card system could not handle the amount of transactions we were hit with. If you got a conformation for your order but your payment did not go through, we are working to fix it. Your knife has been reserved and we will try to process your payment again today. If we try again and have another issue, we will be contacting you to try and resolve. Hope this helps!"
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

I fell into the hype..got one heading my way :D
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

Almoe66 wrote:I just got off the phone with BHQ and they advised that their payment processing partner had a problem with the amount of payments coming through and the partner site crashed once they're back online that will rerun the payments
Almoe66 wrote:In addition they were able to confirm my order and I would assume anyone else who received the confirmation number. They advised me to wait 24 hours and if I had not received a confirmation email by that time to contact them back
Very helpful information; thanks.

Ordered one, got my confirmation number and error email. First new PM2 in a while and 3rd new knife this year... and I was doing so well, too... :(

:D :spyder: :D
timlara

Post by timlara »

Thanks, sovereign!

Note - If you made an account on BHQ (not sure you can even order without doing so?) then you can log in, go to your account settings, and edit your credit card info there, just to double check it's OK.

If you've done that, combined with this status update from BHQ about re-trying payments later, I would not worry at all.
sovereign

Post by sovereign »

Posted by BladeHQ on BF:

"Holy smokes! It's amazing to see all of you snagging one of these for your collection. If you submitted an order for the Paramilitary 2, the knife is reserved. There are some credit card processing issues that we're resolving on our end, but you'll still get your PM 2! Thanks for your patience and support."
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

swigert wrote:now how many of you paid extra for the priority mail?!?!?! Im kinda regretting sticking with free shipping honestly, if they ship today or tomorrow though I should still have it next week, I'm not to far from utah.
I think first class mail and priority mail almost always travel together, so you should be ok -- somebody correct me if this has changed.

This was by far the easiest sprint or exclusive purchase I've ever made, at time of drop. Login was instantaneous, and I'd forgotten that they had my credit card info already. Maybe the internet has finally caught up with Spyderco :p

Edit: got same email message about CC error as everyone else, but confident it'll be ironed out soon.
Last edited by DougC-3 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
ncvarmint

Post by ncvarmint »

Just checked my bank account and have a $159 charge pending, WOO HOO!
BladeHQ

Post by BladeHQ »

Just to confirm: If you submitted an order for the Paramilitary 2, the knife is reserved. There are some credit card processing issues that we're resolving on our end, but you'll still get your PM 2! Thanks for your patience and support. (And nice job breaking the internet! ;)
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

sovereign thanks for the heads up on the Facebook post. Until you hit your site with this level of demand you don't know your weak points. The downside is they crashed their credit card processor but now they know their weak link. The upside is BladeHQ's site has handled the demand exceptionally well from all accounts I have read in the various threads going on different forums. Now this will allow them to improve their relationship with their credit card processor or find one that can handle the demand before the release of their M4 Military.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I'm showing pending payment on my credit card,
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
timlara

Post by timlara »

BladeHQ wrote:Just to confirm: If you submitted an order for the Paramilitary 2, the knife is reserved. There are some credit card processing issues that we're resolving on our end, but you'll still get your PM 2! Thanks for your patience and support. (And nice job breaking the internet! ;)
Thanks for making this sprint so easy, and props for handling the problems gracefully! That to me is actually more impressive than a "perfect" transaction in a way.
Scroop

Post by Scroop »

I got payment error too, i tried to call, phones were down...
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Yeah I got the same error. Figured it was because I'm in Canada..
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
BladeHQ

Post by BladeHQ »

You broke our credit card processor. You broke our phones. You broke our shipping team. And we love you all for it!! We'll get the issues all ironed out. Thanks for being patient.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Another with payment error here, my CC says that the authorization went through OK though.

I wonder how many orders per minute were being processed to logjam BHQ's E-commerce software that bad?
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...