BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Philo Beddoe

Re: BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Post by Philo Beddoe »

ncvarmint wrote:Hope to get one of these, wish they would have done a 1 per household limit so everyone could have a shot.
Nope. Not me. IMO buying 2 is perfect. I've lost knives in the past, worn out a few and and if I buy any knife I ALWAYS buy a back up. Having a backup gives me the peace of mind to use it without worry. Beats trying to find a replacement of a limited and expensive knife years down the road.

A Military done up like this would be cool..
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Philo Beddoe wrote:
ncvarmint wrote:Hope to get one of these, wish they would have done a 1 per household limit so everyone could have a shot.
Nope. Not me. IMO buying 2 is perfect. I've lost knives in the past, worn out a few and and if I buy any knife I ALWAYS buy a back up. Having a backup gives me the peace of mind to use it without worry. Beats trying to find a replacement of a limited and expensive knife years down the road.

______________^^^ yep
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

1 per household would have been nice considering this is priced fairly low and is a popular model.
I suppose raising that limit makes shipping easier on them.
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

Noticed updated pics on the BHQ website this morning. Looks like they might be actual photos rather than renderings!
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

Philo Beddoe wrote:

Totally understand the logic, but it means any time someone has two pieces from a limited run, someone had to go without.
ncvarmint

Post by ncvarmint »

Exactly, i would rather have 1 and someone else havr a shot at one
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I understand having a limit of two so people can buy a backup or a gift. I don't believe in backups usually myself but realize that some do. Three doesn't make as much sense to me. The limit is pointless as we have seen time and time again that people enlist the help of friends and family members to order as many as they want. Limits are kind of like laws and locks, they only apply to honest people. I still don't think there is too much cause for concern. I don't think that these will sell out in a day. It is a non stainless steel in a polarizing scale material. We shall see. :D
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bh49

Post by bh49 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I understand having a limit of two so people can buy a backup or a gift. I don't believe in backups usually myself but realize that some do. Three doesn't make as much sense to me.
Possibly you are correct, but I still have three C83 black micarta Persians, three G10 caly3.5, three 2013 forum Natives (one came from e-bay :eek: ). only one of each is used, still I do not feel that any of them are extras. :)

I can promiss that I will not buy more that two CPM M4 para :D , frankly I am not sure that I will buy even one :eek:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

bh49 wrote: I can promiss that I will not buy more that two CPM M4 para :D , frankly I am not sure that I will buy even one :eek:
Agreed. I think I'm going to pass on this one too. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
paladin

Post by paladin »

Someone can have dibs on my 2 as well
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

And mine :)
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

It's an exclusive, not a sprint. If they sell out in 10 minutes they will very likely order more. I would if I was running their business :D

The limit is odd. One would think they would just order more knives and make more money. Shrug.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

In any case, with them receiving and passing on all the knives at one time, this will be something of a cluster purchase :eek: ;)

I'm only going to try for one, so that will make up for one person buying 3 :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Fallen

Post by Fallen »

Brock O Lee wrote:And mine :)
And my axe!
Bile Bob

Post by Bile Bob »

Blerv wrote:If they sell out in 10 minutes they will very likely order more.
I wouldn't count on that. Straight from BHQ:
Cam wrote: We will be announcing the official release date soon. If you would like to be notified, please sign up on the knife listing where it says "Email Me". We are limiting these to 3 per household. We will have the entire run on hand and don't plan on getting more. There MIGHT be some traffic on our site, so stick with it until it says SOLD OUT! Thanks all!

-Jacob
http://www.BladeHQ.com
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Plans change ;)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Bile Bob

Post by Bile Bob »

True, plans can change but for a comparison: even though I've asked them many times, Knife Works still hasn't redone or reordered a second run of the Ti/M4 Millie. I mean its the same logic, right? Order a second run and make more money. They could do it. But according to them and I quote "Not Going to Happen".

So when BHQ themselves post in this thread that they "don't plan on getting more" I'm going to take them at their word and assume that when these have come and gone they are done.

In fact, I think BBS is the only dealer that has done the reorder thing with the Blue M390 Para2's. Any others?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

The brown S35VN Para 2 has been ordered multiple times.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Liquid Cobra wrote:The brown S35VN Para 2 has been ordered multiple times.
That was a distributor exclusive, not a dealer exclusive. :)

Didn't knifeworks order 800 of the 204P Para2s and then later order another 400 or something like that?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
slick228

Post by slick228 »

Bile Bob wrote:True, plans can change but for a comparison: even though I've asked them many times, Knife Works still hasn't redone or reordered a second run of the Ti/M4 Millie. I mean its the same logic, right? Order a second run and make more money. They could do it. But according to them and I quote "Not Going to Happen".

So when BHQ themselves post in this thread that they "don't plan on getting more" I'm going to take them at their word and assume that when these have come and gone they are done.

In fact, I think BBS is the only dealer that has done the reorder thing with the Blue M390 Para2's. Any others?
Knifework's Green CTS-204P Paramilitary 2