BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MCM

Re: BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Post by MCM »

Not a good using combo for me. Scales get dingy fast, as well as the blade. One or the other but not both.
Not saying I wont get one. Just wont use it much.
Last edited by MCM on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
ImageX

Post by ImageX »

twinboysdad wrote:I hope that sign up sheet remembers me signing up a long a$$ time ago...
I signed up awhile back too. Unfortunately, we'll all probably get the email at the same time as someone who signed up today.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

This will be another internet meltdown.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I checked their site and it still says email on arrival in stock, but my yahoo mail will probably choose that day to randomly put various messages in my spam folder in spite of my filter which puts all incoming mail into my inbox :mad:
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
10just

Post by 10just »

considering I am somewhat new to the spyderco game, more so to the sprint run game: about how fast do you think these will sell out????
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

One hour, tops :D
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
WCC

Post by WCC »

10just wrote:considering I am somewhat new to the spyderco game, more so to the sprint run game: about how fast do you think these will sell out????
Well, it is not a sprint but an exclusive. You never really know. Could be minutes, hours, days, weeks. My bet would be days, but I have been wrong before. :o
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Sprints get spread out to many dealers which makes the hunt and the chase a challenge at times but also makes it impossible for them to all sell out in a day. Exclusives are given to one dealer so the frenzy is a bit different. While this one has been anticipated for a long time it is still hard to say how crazy it will be. There is another M4 Para2 coming which could ease the hysteria a little. The last Para2 exclusive was the orange and black one and it took a while to sell out. The 204P Military is still available and the Yojimbo/ManixXL that Knifeworks did before the 204P Military took a while to sell out. BBS has been selling their Elmax Exclusive Para2 for a year now. I plan on ordering the day they go on sale but have a feeling it may take at least a few days if not longer. There is no way to know for sure.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Sprints get spread out to many dealers which makes the hunt and the chase a challenge at times but also makes it impossible for them to all sell out in a day. Exclusives are given to one dealer so the frenzy is a bit different. While this one has been anticipated for a long time it is still hard to say how crazy it will be. There is another M4 Para2 coming which could ease the hysteria a little. The last Para2 exclusive was the orange and black one and it took a while to sell out. The 204P Military is still available and the Yojimbo/ManixXL that Knifeworks did before the 204P Military took a while to sell out. BBS has been selling their Elmax Exclusive Para2 for a year now. I plan on ordering the day they go on sale but have a feeling it may take at least a few days if not longer. There is no way to know for sure.
Very good points. There are a few things that I think affected how slowly the BBS Elmax and CS Orange/DLC PM2's sold out. Both were priced higher than other sprints and exclusives we've seen. The Orange/DLC combo didn't seem to jive with as many people as I expected. Then there is the whole thing about how people feel about BBS. They were both really great exclusives though and I felt they were worth the money which is why I picked them up. The BladeHQ exclusive is priced really nice which will help sales, but I've seen a lot of chatter about the scales which could hurt sales. It will be interesting to watch the situation though. I can't wait for mine, that's for sure.

Curious about how RIT dye would look on those translucent scales. Anyone planning on messing with that?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
awa54

Post by awa54 »

My bet is that it's a few days to a few weeks, if only because it's not stainless and the handle is a polarizing color (hate it, or don't hate it too much seem to be responses that are more common than love it), though CPM M4 at $160 *is* a steal...

Unless the reality is much more attractive than the images I've seen, I'll be getting a set of custom scales for this one.

...assuming I'm lucky enough to snag one :eek: :(
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
swigert

Post by swigert »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:Sprints get spread out to many dealers which makes the hunt and the chase a challenge at times but also makes it impossible for them to all sell out in a day. Exclusives are given to one dealer so the frenzy is a bit different. While this one has been anticipated for a long time it is still hard to say how crazy it will be. There is another M4 Para2 coming which could ease the hysteria a little. The last Para2 exclusive was the orange and black one and it took a while to sell out. The 204P Military is still available and the Yojimbo/ManixXL that Knifeworks did before the 204P Military took a while to sell out. BBS has been selling their Elmax Exclusive Para2 for a year now. I plan on ordering the day they go on sale but have a feeling it may take at least a few days if not longer. There is no way to know for sure.
I don't think I'm alone but I really enjoy scales that show wear easier on non stainless blades. M4 Manix for example. M4 is such a great working knife it's fun to really use them and see the blade and scales develop character.

Very good points. There are a few things that I think affected how slowly the BBS Elmax and CS Orange/DLC PM2's sold out. Both were priced higher than other sprints and exclusives we've seen. The Orange/DLC combo didn't seem to jive with as many people as I expected. Then there is the whole thing about how people feel about BBS. They were both really great exclusives though and I felt they were worth the money which is why I picked them up. The BladeHQ exclusive is priced really nice which will help sales, but I've seen a lot of chatter about the scales which could hurt sales. It will be interesting to watch the situation though. I can't wait for mine, that's for sure.

Curious about how RIT dye would look on those translucent scales. Anyone planning on messing with that?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Philo Beddoe wrote:This was posted on BHQ's fb page..

Thanks for posting that up!

These may actually look more trick than I had envisioned.
Going back to Caly.
MCM

Post by MCM »

Am guessing days / weeks. But the price is right so who knows. Is it a run of 800? 1200? Thanks
10just

Post by 10just »

I honestly want it solely based on the M4 steel.. I might be venturing slightly off the thread topic here but besides the Gayle Bradley models and the Mantra models, what other Spydies in M4 are available right now?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

10just wrote:I honestly want it solely based on the M4 steel.. I might be venturing slightly off the thread topic here but besides the Gayle Bradley models and the Mantra models, what other Spydies in M4 are available right now?

No others from Spyderco at the moment.
Other models that had M4 were limited runs and are now discontinued.
It is baffling why it has taken this long to get into the Paramilitary platform.
Going back to Caly.
10just

Post by 10just »

SpeedHoles wrote:
10just wrote:I honestly want it solely based on the M4 steel.. I might be venturing slightly off the thread topic here but besides the Gayle Bradley models and the Mantra models, what other Spydies in M4 are available right now?

No others from Spyderco at the moment.
Other models that had M4 were limited runs and are now discontinued.
It is baffling why it has taken this long to get into the Paramilitary platform.
well that pretty much solidifys it for me.. i absolutely need this exclusive. Im gonna end up buying it off my phone in a frenzy either while working or doing something else important i bet..
MCM

Post by MCM »

"what other Spydies in M4 are available right now?" Spyderco Mantra 2, Spyderco Mantra, Spyderco Bradley Folder 2, Spyderco C159GFP Gayle Bradley Air, Spyderco Gayle Bradley Carbon Fiber, CPM M4 Steel, Thats it for now.
swigert

Post by swigert »

None.
MCM

Post by MCM »

Just those 5 above.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

mmm... M4... I am only buying a few knives this year and getting M4 in my favorite model is numero uno on the list. The anticipation is killing me.

Gratuitous M4 pic...

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?