BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
HarleyXJGuy

Re: BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Bandwagon my butt this is just good knife. Plus the price is good.

Trying to actually score one when they come out will be the real trick I think.
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

Johnnie1801 wrote:Wow, great news to wake up to :D This has win win written all over it :D

I wasn't blown away by the KW exclusive but this one hits all the right notes (blade steel, handle and price). Just wondering if the knife in the BHQ photo is a production sample or a computer generated image? If it's a production proto then it could be hitting the streets soon :D

It says, "Rendering, for reference" right below the picture on BHQ so it isn't a production sample. No ETA at the moment for these.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

georginn

Post by georginn »

A chance to play it with coverage? PVD or Ceracoat?
bh49

Post by bh49 »

It looks like I will be getting a new EDC
Skellz

Post by Skellz »

Gutted... BHQ dont ship to the UK :( god we miss out on all the good stuff!
Sprig - Mule M390 - Military Cruwear - GB1 - GB2 - Para 2 S35VN - Delica HAP40 - Domino - PITS - Salt 1 SE
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Green is my favorite color and the Para2 is my favorite knife so I don't think I will be able to skip this one. Gonna add a fourth green para2 to the lineup! :D I have actually thought about buying a digi cam Para2 and sanding it down to make my own jade para2 and now I don't have to.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Looks like my CTS-20CP PM2 is in for a scale swap :D
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Skellz wrote:Gutted... BHQ dont ship to the UK :( god we miss out on all the good stuff!
I'm sure someone here can help you out with that :)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Donut

Post by Donut »

That's pretty wonderful. I like the "coming soon" part.

It might be tough for KW to move the Carbon Fiber version! >.<
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
PocketZen

Post by PocketZen »

Able Dog wrote:Just saw a Facebook post by Blade HQ announcing a dealer exclusive Paramilitary 2 with CPM M4 blade and jade G10 handle. I don't remember seeing anything about this, so as far as I can tell this is news.
Thanks Able Dog! I have been interested in a M4 PM2 since I bought my M4 Manix2. I was a little disappointed about the price of the KW M4 PM2 and not the biggest fan of carbon fiber. This sounds like a much better option for me! I would not have know about it if it wasn't for your post.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Skellz wrote:Gutted... BHQ dont ship to the UK :( god we miss out on all the good stuff!
I'm sure someone here can help you out with that :)
Heck for this price I'd be happy to grab an extra one and forward it...IF I manage to get one. I'm really nervous about this. The green KW sold out in what, 4 hours? I barely made it in for that one. Maybe if we start spreading how lame M4 is, we can lower the hype a bit and give some of us a better chance. I mean come on, it's not even stainless! M4 is so 2008.
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

And the worst part about BladeHQ is that even if you set up an in-stock notification, they are often sold out by the time the emails go out.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

A lot of dealers are like that. Just be on your game and you'll get one.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

I like the knife and the steel - but the handles? Not so much. I bet they will show dirt if you look at them too hard.
Last edited by dreadpirate on Fri May 15, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

Molle Ninja wrote:And the worst part about BladeHQ is that even if you set up an in-stock notification, they are often sold out by the time the emails go out.
Yep. Odds are I won't be able to get one of these. I might save my pennies for another sprint run that I have a chance of actually being able to buy.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Molle Ninja wrote:And the worst part about BladeHQ is that even if you set up an in-stock notification, they are often sold out by the time the emails go out.
I heard that a lot with past sales.

Past experience showed that they would release batches of knives in the morning and they would be sold relatively quickly. People that work during the day don't have a chance to buy one. This may have been due to Spyderco shipping the knives in batches. We don't know how this will work with the PM2. If BHQ gets larger batches maybe it would work better.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I haven't been able to fall in love with the PM2 as much as I've tried, and I was opting out on the M4 CF model. But I love this combination -- it would have been plenty unique and appealing to be a forum knife... but knife $$ will be scarce for me in coming months, so release scheduling of all the upcoming sprints, exclusives, and even regular production runs will be crucial for me in determining what I wind up with.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Donut wrote:It might be tough for KW to move the Carbon Fiber version! >.<
I don't care much for the jade or foliage green handles.

Looking forward to the Carbon Fiber, esp if KW drops the price a few bucks after awhile.

Glad there's some competition. Should be able to get one now without too much trouble.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I'm glad the CF is providing competition fodder for the au naturale :p :D though if all else (ie money) were equal, I'd be trying for one of those too.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.