Paramilitary 1 Enthusiasts?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

Re: Paramilitary 1 Enthusiasts?

Post by ZrowsN1s »

PM2 all the way.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I always liked the original, first run Paramilitary model. I even had one of the few units made in Spyderedge which are really getting tough to find anymore. And a very good friend of mine that I work with frequently told me it's his all time favorite folder ever. But the C-36 Military ( the big brother of the Para) gives me more cutting edge with it's longer blade.

But all of those units made at the GOLDEN, CO USA plant are special and they are all pragmatic and useful designs. I've always like the Para and the Military models both much better than any of the Manix models>> only the Chinook 3 to me would compete with the C-36 Military model.

I know that a lot of states, cities and even some countries have very draconian knife laws and the shorter blade of the Paramilitary gives many guys an option to be able to EDC it. But hopefully we'll be seeing those trends change for the better.
WCC

Post by WCC »

JD Spydo wrote:I always liked the original, first run Paramilitary model. I even had one of the few units made in Spyderedge which are really getting tough to find anymore. And a very good friend of mine that I work with frequently told me it's his all time favorite folder ever.
Yeah, the spyderedge versions are really hard to come by these days and are my personal favourites. A PM2 in spyderedge will be great as well, but there's just something awesome about the PM1s. :D
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Those of us that know.....DINO JIMPING :D :D one of the best parts of those old models! Never getting rid of my all black SE para 1. First high end knife and if it came down to it it would be the last to go.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

I know this posting is a couple of years later. I have a box of Spydercos and i was looking for a second Spyderco Endura, plain edge. I carry a modified 1st generation unit. I knew, vaguely, that I had an original, unused paramilitary and I found it. If I had not seen the pictures in the thread, I would not have been able to identify the same. Thank you.
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

Yes old thread ... but I still prefer the original para. I do own an m4 pm2, and yes I can see why it would find its way into a lot more pockets. But my D2 paras suit my “small” work knife needs perfectly and see a lot more carry.

J