Broken FRN

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Surfingringo

Re: Broken FRN

Post by Surfingringo »

akaAK wrote:Interesting link. Thanks for thickening the plot.

Am I off base or did I miss the overt negativity that is being complained about. I wondered what type of woodworking would cause damage like this when I read the first post. Seemed like a very vague description. My interpretation was that people were trying to establish possibilities not deflect any potential negative criticism of Spyderco's products.
I believe your interpretation was correct. :)
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Surfingringo wrote:Well heres an interesting read. (post 72) :cool:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... read/page4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh MY.. :)

Thanks for the link. :spyder:

I am done and out. :)
araneae

Post by araneae »

Thickens indeed. All bets are off on a used knife, sorry Cliff. A used knife that has been disassembled...
Last edited by araneae on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Surfingringo wrote:Well heres an interesting read. (post 72) :cool:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... read/page4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hold the phone! Was this a pile of parts from a pinned knife that was then reassembled. I assumed the disassembled pic was from after the failure even though I could not see the crack in the disassembled pic. I assumed honesty. This other thread could lead me to believe something very different. Now it makes sense why the first pick did not show the other frame screw. It wasn't pinned anymore.

If that other thread is truthful then my theory is this was a knife that someone disassembled and could not put back together so they sold it. The new owner reassembled it and then had a failure. The new owner could not possibly know the knife's history and now he wants Spyderco's customer service to step in. Sorry, warranty voided. I am inclined to believe the other thread because I can't see the crack in the disassembled pic.

If that is true then I have to assume that the shill bait was dangled and some of you couldn't resist and bit. Something smells fishy.

One of these two thread is not telling the whole truth. That is for sure. I hope it isn't this one.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

First, all lightweight Manix 2 models are FRCP. There was a mistake made on the site and it has been corrected.

As for this specific knife - there are too many inconsistencies with the story of this knife. Two different forums, two different sources (neither of which is the owner) and two different stories. The only common link is the images shown. There is no way for us to determine what occurred and how without receiving the knife to inspect it. If the person who actually owns the knife would like to send it in to us for evaluation we'd be happy to take a look. Based upon what little we know we'd be inclined to believe the damage was NOT caused due to any manufacturing defect or any defect in the material.

Unless and until we receive the knife there is no reason to continue this discussion. I don't think either person who posted about it (Cliff or the member at BladeForums) had anything other than good intentions with their posts.

Let's stop it here shall we?
There is nothing more important than this one day.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

*EDITED - Unnecessary - did you miss the hint on further discussion of this topic?*
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

*EDITED - Unnecessary - Did you read my post?*
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Since my post was apparently not understood... thread closed.
There is nothing more important than this one day.