Spyderco have broken me

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Corso

Spyderco have broken me

Post by Corso »

Well my addictiton to traditional folders atleast and I have this little one to blame

I just can't get over how it feels in the hand and how i can apply it to some pretty heavy duty tasks with very little effort, I'm also suprised just how well VG10 holds up and how easy it is to get it hair poping. The addition of the break away realy helps it fill the hand and make it feel less of a 3 finger knife - hardly notice its shorter than my usual go to knife (a Queen sodbuster jr)

Its currently at Ru Titley's getting some clothes but as you can see from the pic it'll be back soon enough and I just can't wait

Been so impressed with it I'm getting at least couple of others, definatly something in H1 I'm thinking of trying serrations, yellw scales and a black neck sheath, I'd love a slipjoint version too
Johnnie1801

Re: Spyderco have broken me

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Hi Corso, welcome to the forum! I wouldn't see it as Spyderco breaking you, more like they have expanded your universe :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
sal

Post by sal »

double tap. sorry.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Welcome Corso. The serrated H1 dragonfly might be right up your alley. One of the smallest Spydercos that still offers a full grip. Great design.
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Welcome Corso, nice set up you have. There are a lot of folks on here that have gone the same route as you, traditionals to Spyderco. Again, welcome to the forum.

Dan
Donut

Post by Donut »

The Grasshopper is pretty nice, a little larger that is a slipjoint, but the action on the Grasshopper is not as nice as the Ladybug series.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
grewich

Post by grewich »

sal wrote:double tap. sorry.

Rule #2

Always double tap
Corso

Post by Corso »

The grasshopper I like and have nearly taken the plunge on a couple of occations but I dont like the steel handle, much prefering the frn, if it came out in that configeration I'd definatly snap up a couple
remnar

Post by remnar »

Hello Corso,
Have you considered a Roadie for a Spyderco slipjoint? It's different than the Ladybug, but it is made to the same Spyderco high quality.
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Why not go for a Kiwi then? :D
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Nice pics, Corso. The Ladybug is one of my favorite designs too. I carry at least one every day without fail. Welcome to the forum!
Nikofan

Post by Nikofan »

Fantastic EDC !
Corso

Post by Corso »

Black FFG Manbug arrive yesterday and I just bagged a H1 with yellow scales and serrations so thats two more in less than 24hrs

I might need some help :)
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome Corso and here's a little help for you, I highly recommend the super blue manbug.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Corso

Post by Corso »

will definately look into some super blue but just about to bag a byrd starling :D