Knifeworks M4 PM2!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Re: Knifeworks M4 PM2!

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Fallen wrote:Looks like they're not splitting this into batches anymore.

From their website:

A email from Spyderco tell us that whey will ship 1000 pieces out on Thursday 08/04/2016 with shipping time we should receive these on Tuesday 9th or Wednesday 10th. So as of now all orders will be filled and shipped next week.
Yes! Thanks for sharing that. I thought it was weird that they were doing it in batches.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Fallen wrote:Looks like they're not splitting this into batches anymore.

From their website:

A email from Spyderco tell us that whey will ship 1000 pieces out on Thursday 08/04/2016 with shipping time we should receive these on Tuesday 9th or Wednesday 10th. So as of now all orders will be filled and shipped next week.
Yes! Thanks for sharing that. I thought it was weird that they were doing it in batches.
I think they only planned to do it in batches because they expected to receive the knives in batches. I'm sure they'll have a fun time packing and shipping close to 1,000 knives sometime next week.

I've been sooooo tempted to get one of these, but decided to grab an S110V Millie for $50 less.
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

I'm with you. Considering cancelling my pm2 and getting one of those s110's. I have 7 PM2's already and only 2 Millie's. What to do what to do. But then again I could get both and easily sell either I think. Hmmmm
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

I wonder how many of these are left?
MCM

Post by MCM »

790 (just asked) I was curious how it would sell. This knife was requested in 2013, 2014 & got the green light at SHOT 2015.
Hard to predict with so many other knives being released between then and now..... Glad it finally got built.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

So they still have it looks like they sold about 40 in the last day or so...bc it was 750 yesterday....with another 200 to go...probably be around for another week maybe...
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

double
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I'm always interested in how fast a model will sell. I noticed that on bladeforums yesterday that someone listed his orange Positron for sale at $120 and it didn't sell for over an hour. Kind of amazing when a new exclusive is slow to sell at a deep discount. What a bomb.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

ABX2011 wrote:I'm always interested in how fast a model will sell. I noticed that on bladeforums yesterday that someone listed his orange Positron for sale at $120 and it didn't sell for over an hour. Kind of amazing when a new exclusive is slow to sell at a deep discount. What a bomb.
These things are relative. They probably have a higher margin on this than the rest of their stock of PM2s, and these are probably selling many times faster than those as well. So from that standpoint, these are selling great.

If your exclusive sells out in a few hours or days all that tells you is that you could have charged more. I'm not privy to the details of a retail business, but if you asked me if I could sell out my exclusive in 1-2 hours or charge $10 more and sell out in 1-2 weeks, I'd probably choose the weeks, since the financial result is almost identical, it's less prone to orders being mishandled or delayed, less likely to break any sort of server or payment processing, etc. And when you think about it, you got paid less to have the fire drill and deal with all the hassles.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

tvenuto wrote:
ABX2011 wrote:I'm always interested in how fast a model will sell. I noticed that on bladeforums yesterday that someone listed his orange Positron for sale at $120 and it didn't sell for over an hour. Kind of amazing when a new exclusive is slow to sell at a deep discount. What a bomb.
These things are relative. They probably have a higher margin on this than the rest of their stock of PM2s, and these are probably selling many times faster than those as well. So from that standpoint, these are selling great.

If your exclusive sells out in a few hours or days all that tells you is that you could have charged more. I'm not privy to the details of a retail business, but if you asked me if I could sell out my exclusive in 1-2 hours or charge $10 more and sell out in 1-2 weeks, I'd probably choose the weeks, since the financial result is almost identical, it's less prone to orders being mishandled or delayed, less likely to break any sort of server or payment processing, etc. And when you think about it, you got paid less to have the fire drill and deal with all the hassles.
Yeah, I think Knifeworks did everyone a solid by limiting 1 per person. BHQ is also a first rate company but they priced theirs on the low side and with a 3 per person limit they encouraged flipping which we've seen a lot of. Knifeworks will sell out of the PM2 in a week or so.
Hydrolic

Post by Hydrolic »

If I could buy a 2nd of the Knifeworks exclusive PM2, I would.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

The only reason it hasn't sold out is the limit of 1. I don't feel like the BHQ price was all that low for what it was, personally. It was about right, but many people bought three and it's a lower price which means a lot for some people. Years from now, I think the CF version will be in much greater demand.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Cujobob wrote:The only reason it hasn't sold out is the limit of 1. I don't feel like the BHQ price was all that low for what it was, personally. It was about right, but many people bought three and it's a lower price which means a lot for some people. Years from now, I think the CF version will be in much greater demand.
I personally think that exclusives and sprints are supposed to be recognizable as soon as they are looked at. The fact that TWO other PM2 sprints are out there that look EXACTLY like this knife, doesn't do it any favors IMO.
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

jalcon wrote:
Cujobob wrote:The only reason it hasn't sold out is the limit of 1. I don't feel like the BHQ price was all that low for what it was, personally. It was about right, but many people bought three and it's a lower price which means a lot for some people. Years from now, I think the CF version will be in much greater demand.
I personally think that exclusives and sprints are supposed to be recognizable as soon as they are looked at. The fact that TWO other PM2 sprints are out there that look EXACTLY like this knife, doesn't do it any favors IMO.
Except that those you're referring to are in huge demand. I would agree with you if not for that. I think many people have a self imposed limit which prevents from going $200+.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Cujobob wrote:I think many people have a self imposed limit which prevents from going $200+.
I pity the fool with a self imposed buying limit on spydies!

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

tvenuto wrote:
Cujobob wrote:I think many people have a self imposed limit which prevents from going $200+.

+1....since when do the words buying limit and Spyderco even belong in the same sentence :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
BTG

Post by BTG »

Hydrolic wrote:If I could buy a 2nd of the Knifeworks exclusive PM2, I would.
Have a friend order you another...or family member at another address....I was tempted...just too many other knives right now to double up on any for me.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

farnorthdan wrote:
tvenuto wrote:

+1....since when do the words buying limit and Spyderco even belong in the same sentence :D
Only when they are preceded by the words. "There is no..." :eek: :spyder:
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
MCM

Post by MCM »

Its a deal. I could probably ebay my CF S90v PM2's for $800 or $900 bucks ea.
But I dont.
So the price is right. Price is based on Retail / Dealer cost.

Down the road folks will read this thread and pull their hair out. $219. lol lol
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Well, I started this thread and declared that I would get quite a few a these, since I had forever fought for an M4 PM2. I got the BHQ ones, and I am not sure about this one. Weird how I changed direction on this exclusive simply because of a different offering.

So...should I still get one of these, even though I got several of the other variant? :confused: Ah, the dilemna.

For once, I just can't come up with any reasons why I should get this. The other one has scales that I like better, was cheaper, and will likely be very collectable in its own right in a few years. I'm kind of sick of peel ply CF, and that is the only thing that makes this one different from the cheaper BHQ version.

Will I regret passing on this knife that I was so excited about when it was announced?
Last edited by GoldenSpydie on Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.