Knifeworks M4 PM2!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Re: Knifeworks M4 PM2!!

Post by bearfacedkiller »

My M4 mule hasn't rusted but did develop a patina fairly easily doing kitchen work.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

michaelm466 wrote:
Bile Bob wrote:I wish KW would've stepped the ti Military up to S110V. Nothing wrong with S90V(great steel)but it already been done a couple of times on the Millie.
+1
It's possible that they tried and that there was going to be a delay because Spyderco wants to focus S110V development efforts on other knives for now...or that the price was outside the envelope that KW wanted. Hard to know.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I figured S90V was chosen to keep with a trend and match up with the Manix XL and Yojimbo exclusives.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
jimmyjohnjohn

Post by jimmyjohnjohn »

bearfacedkiller wrote:...the Manix XL and Yojimbo exclusives.
Two of my most favorite knives ever.

Not sure why I've never wanted the PM2 in S90V, it just didn't strike me as the shape I'd want for that steel.
Fallen

Post by Fallen »

How does M4 do vs S110V in terms of sharpness and edge retention?
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Fallen wrote:How does M4 do vs S110V in terms of sharpness and edge retention?
I tested my resharpened Manix 2 in m4 against the lw manix2 in s110v with factory edge in cutting heavy cardboard. My m4 did better. Anderson's test was more controlled and in his test the s110v did better. I think they are close in performance and both are very good.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Sorry if someone posted this info in the thread already (I didn't spot any mention so far) but these updates were also mentioned in the most recent KW emails about the impending 204P Millie release:

"As far as the other Spyderco KW Exclusives the last update we have heard on the Spyderco Ti Military, Carbon Fiber with R.I.L. Lock and & S90V Steel, is expected first quarter of 2017. The Spyderco Para Military 2, Carbon Fiber, M4 Steel is expected September 2016."
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

^ Thanks for posting the update!
Going back to Caly.
wrdwrght

Re: Knifeworks M4 PM2!

Post by wrdwrght »

My heart skipped a beat with the refresh of this thread. Thanks, Spyder, for the substantive contribution.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

I would expect the BladeHQ PM2 in M4 to drop somewhere around this time so they can run the M4 blades all in one batch.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Ferris Wheels wrote:I would expect the BladeHQ PM2 in M4 to drop somewhere around this time so they can run the M4 blades all in one batch.

Boy I hope not, don't want to miss them, but need a break....thought I had one here, then the204p Millie dropped ( first spydie for me this month), and I hear the Nirvana is close...and the s110 Millie, and the 40th anniversary N5, M2 sprint....etc...etc..
Fallen

Post by Fallen »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote: ...
The Spyderco Para Military 2, Carbon Fiber, M4 Steel is expected September 2016."
Such a long wait!! :(
Mikael Andersson

Post by Mikael Andersson »

Fallen wrote:
RadioactiveSpyder wrote: ...
The Spyderco Para Military 2, Carbon Fiber, M4 Steel is expected September 2016."
Such a long wait!! :(
Ouch! I might go for the other one in jade G-10.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

So is this PM2 essentially going to look exactly like the CF peel ply S90V sprint from 2010, and the CPM154/S90V composite? They should change it up somehow so you can tell the difference without looking at tiny print on the blade. Isn't that kind of the point of sprints/exclusives.....
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

FYI:

abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Just got the following email:

We should be receiving these within a week or so, We will start to take Pre-orders on Tuesday August 2nd at 8:00 am CST.

With only around 1100 pieces that will be available we will limit to one per customer. to cover as many people that will can. less than half of the email list will be able to purchase one.

We have over 2400 emails to send out to customers that want to be notified when this products becomes available.

Spyderco M4 Para Military with Carbon Fiber C81CFM4P2

For years you have been asking for a CPM M4 blade steel Para Military 2 We are bringing this one to you in Carbon Fiber!

Our Price will be $219.95
Spyderco: CF & M4 Para2
C81CFM4P2
Carbon Fiber Handle with a silver clip and silver hardware
CPM M4 Full Flat ground Plain Edge Blade
1200 Piece Run

Spyderco M4 Para2 Military with Carbon Fiber C81CFM4P2, Knifeworks Exclusive

Quite the premium over the BHQ G10 version IMO, but M4 and CF are possibly my favorite combo so I'm hoping to get lucky.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

That's generous of them to limit one per person. I don't think they'll sell out super quickly on the heels of the BHQ Para and at a much higher price.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

ABX2011 wrote:That's generous of them to limit one per person. I don't think they'll sell out super quickly on the heels of the BHQ Para and at a much higher price.
As many complaints as I saw about the Jade G10 on the BHQ exclusive where folks feel it shows dirt easily, I think this will be a more popular option. (I did get 2 of the Jade G10 Para2's myself, I liked the color, but I like CF even more.)

It's going to be a tough week on my wallet, the KW exclusive on Tuesday and the next Mule Team (Maxamet) on Thursday. I hope the blurple S110V Military doesn't become available the same week!
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

rodloos wrote:
ABX2011 wrote:That's generous of them to limit one per person. I don't think they'll sell out super quickly on the heels of the BHQ Para and at a much higher price.
As many complaints as I saw about the Jade G10 on the BHQ exclusive where folks feel it shows dirt easily, I think this will be a more popular option. (I did get 2 of the Jade G10 Para2's myself, I liked the color, but I like CF even more.)

It's going to be a tough week on my wallet, the KW exclusive on Tuesday and the next Mule Team (Maxamet) on Thursday. I hope the blurple S110V Military doesn't become available the same week!
I figure the Jade G10 WILL get dirty relatively easy, but I have to say...I have not seen this complaint once on either forum.
WCC

Post by WCC »

I also received the email. I think the KW one knife limit is commendable given the flipping that always happens afterwards. But, on the other hand people may hang on to them so if you miss out you may not find one easily or reasonably priced.