Purple Dragonfly 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Scroop

Purple Dragonfly 2

Post by Scroop »

Just spotted the purple dragonfly 2 sprint run @ BHQ!
TSchloz

Re: Purple Dragonfly 2

Post by TSchloz »

I orderd one from KW today.

Tom
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Sweet, I am gonna get my wife one. She prefers purple over pink so this is great.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

Yep purple dragonfly is now available.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Yes, I saw this too. :) Might have to buy one pretty soon to add to the D'fly collection. :)
Lugi

Post by Lugi »

Just ordered one.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I made mine.

quickster47

Post by quickster47 »

Being an avid Dragonfly user/hoarder I ordered two, one for display and one to put away in the safe.

Carl
Gibbs rule #9. Never go anywhere without a knife.
Scroop

Post by Scroop »

They are sold out at BHQ, but you can still pre-order from KW. Haven't seen them anywhere else...
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

They are on eBay. I'm going to wait until people have them in-stock. I wouldn't think it would be an insanely difficult sprint to secure but people can get fanatical about purple... :)
Almoe66

Post by Almoe66 »

Pre ordered one on GP - new to the world of Spyderco and loving every minute of it!
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
Lugi

Post by Lugi »

Scroop wrote:They are sold out at BHQ, but you can still pre-order from KW. Haven't seen them anywhere else...
Ordered one from...GP.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

There are 6 available at NGK and 5 available at National Knives for you folks looking around for them. Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Please know my negative comments are few and far between but this sprint could not have excited me any less. Purple is not that popular for a reason and I would have preferred a G10 variation or steel variation instead of a polarizing color. White FRN would have been cooler as would orange G10.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Purple is popular at least with the half dozen women in my family that will be getting one of these as gifts this year. As one of the most vocal proponents of this sprint here on this forum, I'm glad Sal listens to us and our crazy requests. Seemed like a no-brainer to me to make one. They have the FRN molds, they have the purple dye... I also think they should make a blue FRN one at some point. Orange G10 scales would be easy enough to commission from one of the great scale makers on BF (at a modest cost).

Perhaps a thread on the next Dfly sprint ideas is in order. I've already seem recent requests for a Ti Damascus version, some in crazy Japanese steels, and a black TiCN-coated blade version. I'm pretty sure Sal would not disallow another future Dfly sprint ;)! Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

twinboysdad wrote:Please know my negative comments are few and far between but this sprint could not have excited me any less. Purple is not that popular for a reason and I would have preferred a G10 variation or steel variation instead of a polarizing color. White FRN would have been cooler as would orange G10.
I'm with you on this, but not all sprints will be for everyone. This is a relatively low-impact sprint to run, unlike a steel change, so I don't imagine it took away from other potential sprints.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

...and don't forget the SE HB H-1!!!! In orange!!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

People have been clamoring for a Dragonfly Hawkbill for a while. I am sure if it happens it will be a SE Salt but I would love a PE VG10 Dragonhawk.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Oh, that is a great pic GoldenSpydie. Very nice!