Discontinued: But You Want It Back!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Discontinued: But You Want It Back!!

Post by JD Spydo »

Spyderco has so many great models of knives that have been discontinued over the years>> now that's understandable to a certain degree but the one thing they discontinued that I'm finding many of the Spyderville faithful would desperately like to see returned are the Spyderco 701 Profiles. Also you could throw the DUCKFOOT unit in there as well. Because I talk to folks almost on a daily basis that have told me they want to see the return of both units.

But I'm not going to stop there>> There are also several great knife models like the Military, Paramilitary that were once offered in Spyderedge and some in combo edge that many people have echoed to me that they would like to see them offered again in certain variants that are no longer currently offered. So many models have returned in Sprint Runs like the JD Smith which is great but not offered up in Spyderedge and many of these models were loved in Spyderedge or even combo edge for that matter. I've also heard from at least over a dozen people in the past month that very much want to see the C-111 Captain to return to the line up but this time in Spyderedge.

The GALLEY V sharpening unit also comes to mind>> reason being is the shape of the stones that the unit provided>> those "Cat's Eye" stones are excellent for sharpening the Dodo model especially as well as being perfect for many of the recurve models as well. OK I am aware that Spyderco is working to launch the GAUNTLET sharpening kit before too long and if so I do hope they add some stones in the same shape as the ones on the old Galley V.

So what products come to mind for the rest of you that have been discontinued that you would like to see return? I don't care if it is a knife or sharpening tool. Or even a hat or T-Shirt>> I know that almost all of you want to see something that's been discontinued to return so let's talk about it.
Evil D

Re: Discontinued: But You Want It Back!!

Post by Evil D »

I'd be in for some 701's especially in different grits, as well as another Centofante 4, maybe a Captain, probably an original locking Kiwi.
Hopsbreath

Speaking of retired models I'd love to see in spyderedge...

Post by Hopsbreath »

Superhawk!
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Didn't this just happen?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Catcherman
"R" G10 non skeletonized blade
Kopa
Centofante 4
Jester
Micro Dyad
Dyad Jr. as a salt (it has no liners and no clip, come on, it is too easy)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JD Spydo

Re: Speaking of retired models I'd love to see in spyderedge...

Post by JD Spydo »

Hopsbreath wrote:Superhawk!
Oh LORD YES!!! and make it available in Spyderedge and PE both this time. As for EVIL D's recommendation of the C-111 Captain model I'm screaming a clear and loud AMEN!!! and Hallehlujah!!! as my pal Don King would say :D But again and let me make it perfectly clear as President Nixon used to say>> we want it in Spyderedge too this go around.

And EVIL we've just got to get a 701 Profile drive going and you're spot on with the multiple grits this time. I'm just thinking what machinist's and metalworkers of every phase would just love a set of 701 Profiles>> and it's "no-brainer" for knife enthusiasts.

And I'm not giving up on the idea of a Sprint Run Military model in SE if we can't get it back in full production>> it truly would be better than none at all.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Only 1 comes to my mind at this point. I think this wil never be possible.
But that is a sprintrun of the original Manix.
I would love to see the super backlock return with a new steel like 10v or maybe m4 and forrest green G10 handlescales :)
Invective

Post by Invective »

I'd be in for a more full set of 701 profile set, as well as full SE Military. My 440V SE Millie has been a great work horse but it is getting a bit of play and I'm getting afraid to use it too hard because I won't be able to replace it
bh49

Post by bh49 »

tvenuto wrote:Didn't this just happen?
This is exactly what I was thinking :eek:
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

bh49 wrote:
tvenuto wrote:Didn't this just happen?
This is exactly what I was thinking :eek:
That's ok. This needs to be a weekly topic. :p

While we're on topic, I say Michael Walker! :D
bh49

Post by bh49 »

SpyderNut wrote: That's ok. This needs to be a weekly topic. :p
We will enjoy our wishful thinking.
Than I want Shabaria with Ancient Ivory micarta scales. :)
And Clipless Giraffe bone Kopa with no dent. :p :p :p :p :p :p
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

How about the kx05?
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

apollo wrote:Only 1 comes to my mind at this point. I think this wil never be possible.
But that is a sprintrun of the original Manix.
I would love to see the super backlock return with a new steel like 10v or maybe m4 and forrest green G10 handlescales :)
I'm also a huge fan of this idea, and I'd be very happy with it being either the regular or XL size (i.e., C95 or C101). Honestly the CBBL on the XL makes me slightly nervous with all that steel swinging back at your fingers, I'd rather the greater control afforded by a back lock. Seems like a good candidate for the new Power lock too. Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
paladin

Post by paladin »

Sure...I'll play:

Jess Horn Lightweight...but I'd like a more pronounced choil and maybe VG10, at least

oh! and FFG ;)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

bh49 wrote:
SpyderNut wrote: That's ok. This needs to be a weekly topic. :p
We will enjoy our wishful thinking.
Than I want Shabaria with Ancient Ivory micarta scales. :)
And Clipless Giraffe bone Kopa with no dent. :p :p :p :p :p :p
You and me both, brother. ;) :)
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

Superleaf hopefully in SE, PPT (lightweight?) again hopefully in SE.
JudasD

Post by JudasD »

Ayoob. With tip up clip this time :)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Bradley wrote:How about the kx05?
I'm trying to remember which model was that??? If I'm right I think that was that one early Spyderco kitchen knife that was rated "kosher". If not then tell us because I'm sure it's one of the early kitchen blades.

It sure seems like I'm not the only one who wants to see the return of a Spyderedged C-36 Military model. And the demand for the 701 Profiles just keeps getting bigger.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

JudasD wrote:Ayoob. With tip up clip this time :)
Or they could just do the screw holes in both configurations so you could have it either which way>> Yeah I'm surprised in a way that the Ayoob hasn't gotten more fanfare than it has>> because I talk to a lot of people over the past few months that do like the C-60 Ayoob>> it's got a bigger fan base than most people realize.

The G-10 handle sure made a huge difference in the last Sprint Run. But there are at least 4 other models I would like to see with a G-10 handle and the SPYDERHAWK immediately comes to mind. And at the very top of the list is the G-10 HARPY
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Spyderco Salsa with improved steel and no cobra hood; G10 scales, too. I like pocket sized knives and compression locks.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050