Kahr Arms Delica.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Knivesinedc

Kahr Arms Delica.

Post by Knivesinedc »

Hey there fellow forumites. So I have been going back and forth almost all day with a friend of mine about buying his LN Kahr arms Khaki Delica. the final deal came to this. His end: Kahr arms Delica, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Halo 3, and Need For Speed: Most Wanted all for the 360. My end: $70 and my old sharpmaker (I won a new one in Spyderco's recent FB picture contest). I probably lost out on my end but he's a good friend of mine so I don't mind too much. Anyone else have the Kahr Delica? I really like it a lot for some reason. The Khaki and stonewash hardware just look great together. I also like the full size handle with a smaller blade. you can pack a lot of force into a small edge region so I find that to be good for a little big knife. When I pick it up, Ill try to get some pics up.
quickster47

Re: Kahr Arms Delica.

Post by quickster47 »

I have one and love it. However there seems to be lots of folks who don't like the blade shape with the Delica. So we might be in a minority but that's okay cause it's a great knife.

Carl
Gibbs rule #9. Never go anywhere without a knife.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I really like the look of the shortened blade on the Kahr Delica and the Jandura. The khaki color and matte clip are also great (I wish all shiny clips had that finish).

:bug-red-white
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

I think it's typical of Kahr. Less rounds in a standard size package. Shorter blade in a standard size handle. Sounds about right, stay consistent with the brand.
IndianaSpider

Post by IndianaSpider »

I think the knife definitely has a cool and useful blade shape!
Tyler
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I like it, just never got around to picking one up, so many others out there that just beat it out.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

jtoler_9 wrote:I think it's typical of Kahr. Less rounds in a standard size package. Shorter blade in a standard size handle. Sounds about right, stay consistent with the brand.
I haven't noticed Kahrs holding any less rounds than any other single stack pistol of equal size. But I know the Kahr PM9 conceals its 7 rounds better than just about any other 9mm I've ever tried, aside from the Robrbaugh. I've been EDCing a Kahr for over 10 years, so I had to get the Kahr Delica! :D

:bug-red-white
IndianaSpider

Post by IndianaSpider »

nice carry gun, its good to see that there other folks on this forum who like guns
Tyler
dewildeman

Post by dewildeman »

I picked one up recently in tan. It's my third Delica. I love the color as I wear tan cargo/5.11's a lot. I'm considering having the clip colored to match the scales, it should just about disappear when wearing it.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

I have the dk. blue one. I like it. Not quite as much as a regular Delica, but it's nice for variety. I do like the Khaki color handle and stonewashed clip a lot.
Going back to Caly.
All-R-Crazy

Post by All-R-Crazy »

I'd say the deal is pretty good and would be well worth it. I like its blade shape and pointy tip.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Old comparison pic of my Super Blues and a Kahr just to make the thread more interesting.

I do miss the spine jimping.
Good example of how you could easily fix a Delica with a broken tip!
Going back to Caly.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The handle length of these Kahr Delica folders seem to be the same as a regular Delica at 4.25"?

The blade length of the Kahr has been shortened (and blade shape changed) from 2.875" to 2.5"?

The Kahr one seems to have a slightly thicker blade (0.098" vs. 0.093")?

Kahr can only be had with the Saber grind?

Below Kahr appears first:

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Great blade shape/size, great finish and great colors. Love this design, have the tan and the blue versions.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

RamZar wrote:The handle length of these Kahr Delica folders seem to be the same as a regular Delica at 4.25"?

The blade length of the Kahr has been shortened (and blade shape changed) from 2.875" to 2.5"?

Yes, the handle is a regular Delica 4 handle, only the colors are unique.

Yes, the blade is shorter, possibly to meet a specific city's length restrictions (or just to minimize the places where it would be illegal to carry).

Don't have one, so I can't confirm, but II suspect the blade thickness is the same as the regular Delica 4's and one of the measurements is wrong, , since changing it would affect other things.

Yes, it is saber ground, probably to keep the tip stronger.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The Deacon wrote:
RamZar wrote:The handle length of these Kahr Delica folders seem to be the same as a regular Delica at 4.25"?

Yes, the handle is a regular Delica 4 handle, only the colors are unique.

Yes, the blade is shorter, possibly to meet a specific city's length restrictions (or just to minimize the places where it would be illegal to carry).

Don't have one, so I can't confirm, but II suspect the blade thickness is the same as the regular Delica 4's and one of the measurements is wrong, , since changing it would affect other things.

Yes, it is saber ground, probably to keep the tip stronger.
Thanks for the responses.

I know you don't have one but it looks like the Kahr one doesn't have any jimping?
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Yes, it doesn't have any jimping which is puzzling. The Delica jimping is pretty perfect: just enough to be there, but not irritating at all. I'm actually surprised how much I like the Kahr Delica, but I still do miss the jimping and see no benefit to removing it. In any SD scenario I would think secure handling would be paramount. Yes, even in a slash cut, you push your thumb into the thumb ramp, and with no jimping it slides up. It doesn't have the shape of the Yo2 to keep the thumb from sliding.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

tvenuto wrote:Yes, it doesn't have any jimping which is puzzling. The Delica jimping is pretty perfect: just enough to be there, but not irritating at all. I'm actually surprised how much I like the Kahr Delica, but I still do miss the jimping and see no benefit to removing it. In any SD scenario I would think secure handling would be paramount. Yes, even in a slash cut, you push your thumb into the thumb ramp, and with no jimping it slides up. It doesn't have the shape of the Yo2 to keep the thumb from sliding.
Indeed puzzling that there's no jimping on the Kahr Delica but after reading the description on the Kahr website apparently it's by design!

"Kahr Spyderco Delica 4 Features a Unique Smooth Thumb Ramp"

https://www.kahr.com/Kahr-Branded-Produ ... feBlue.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

It doesn't have jimping because Mike Janich designed the knife and he does not like jimping on his SD (read MBC) knives. This knife was altered by Mike for some of his MBC students who work in Federal buildings where the blade length is limited. They were already training with Endura and Delica trainers, so alter the knife for the restriction. Mike had made the "jandura" modification to the Endura previously to meet the Denver law of 3.5" blade length. If you go to Stay Safe Media, they occasionally have his personally modified Enduras that all have the jimping removed.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Yes, it's certainly by design. I'm just going to have to respectfully disagree with Mr. Janich on this one.