recieved black dogtag

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
endgame

recieved black dogtag

Post by endgame »

I have done reviews and worn my green dog tag for nine months now and it has become by far the most used and handy blade I have ever owned.so much so I got another green and a black one.the fit and finish on both outstanding razor sharp.I think the pivot and hardware on the black would pop more if it was silver or orange but looks great anyway.if you havent got one yet its a must buy spyderco.I have used this knife on everything without a problem.its allways there when I need it .great job again sal and crew.if anyone has any questions about it.post and will answer
elena86

Re: recieved black dog tag

Post by elena86 »

Ever since this knife was released I continue to ask myself , what was the purpose behind it .EDC ? Clean your fingernails? I wonder ...
klug932000

Re: recieved black dogtag

Post by klug932000 »

Is it fun to fiddle with? I find my favorite knives are the ones that are fun to play with while watching tv.
Donut

Re: recieved black dog tag

Post by Donut »

elena86 wrote:Ever since this knife was released I continue to ask myself , what was the purpose behind it .EDC ? Clean your fingernails? I wonder ...
I think purpose #1 is ease of carrying or an alternate carry method.

Pat, what are your thoughts on that new model that locks and resembles a dog tag?

Reference: http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... =2&t=66642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

It's extremely easy to open and close (very little resistance) making for quick completion of little chores. It's also small, thin, innocuous and legal almost anywhere.

I have a number of Serge's knives plus the black Spyderco Dog Tag. Certainly not tools I would use to process cardboard but great for opening packages, cutting tags, loose threads, etc. They almost always accompany a larger folder and are ones I grab when around people who don't empathize with my hobby. :)
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

I'll probably get the black g-10 version at some point when it's released. Seems like a useful blade to use when out and about in public.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
endgame

Post by endgame »

that model the squar looks allmost the same.I dont see were it locks up.the dogtag has the same sliplock system.its a spyderco so of I course I will be buying it.lol.I dont like the long slit compaired to the whole on the dogtag it wouldn't hang properly.I thought it would be useless also but ut has proven me wrong everytine.I need a small folder for small tasks all the time and it is allways with me.and yes I use it to clean ny nails everyone has to clean there nails I can see that looked down on with a large knife but not thiis one so that sarcasm doesnt work here.it does cut packages small and large boxes envelopes zipties and loads of other things verywell with out a knife that some might feel unsafe around at wirk.it also looks great and I get loads of compliments actual jewelry that has a real function.you can engraveit like I did .its also great for fishing beeing close to you at all times to cut knots and tangled wont fall in the water.a h1 serrated would be great.you wont relize how goodit is till you hold one.in my other post I stated the ball chain and gizmo clip I use for it.I wore and used it for nine months no probs.pluss these are the kind of spydercos that comand$ in the future.I see there making all diff models now so it must be selling.I like the green anodized cause it wears nice and dosnt scratch off like the black dlc .g10 sounds.I want another titanium aluminum one with h1 steel and a spyderedge.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Love them both!

I have seen the G10 and the Brass version, which are much ticker but still prefer the original.

The Squarehead is indeed a locking DogTag knife but it does have another look to it. They go on teh same principle but with a different caracter, sure I will be getting one to complete the collection of DogTags :)
endgame

Post by endgame »

I have not seen the brass version but thats a hit I would love that.I will get the g10 of course but I dont like plastic jewelry.I do love the black version but it scratches easly the original anodized titanium and aluminum they patina with age and use wich is perfect to me.the green was a put off at first but its now a light gold and orange.I get so many compliments on it then I show them its a knife and they are blown away.sold many for you sal.get a good brass or bronze ball chain necklaces or titanium if you have the cash.then a medium titanium mcgizmo clip for easy on and off.9 months of ware in a kitchen except for the shower.I take it apart once to twice a month for cleaning and sharpened it 3 times.I absolutely love it.no more no less.very excited about a brass one.very excited can you send me the link.about the square new one looks better for a keychain
endgame

Post by endgame »

I wpuld love a titanium or brass with h1 steel and spyderedge for fishing .I would use it surf fishing for stipers to wreck for cod and tile and for my longrange tuna and sword fishing.it would be so handy on a elastic necklace with a titanium mcgizmo clip.perfection when the bite is on and you need it right there on youre neck.we use nail clippers and scissors but the cut you the scissors leaning on the rail or you have to get the nailclipper ready and that can strip to much line.a dog tag with ti brass or g10 with h1 spyderedge during the panik bite the way it is a slipjoint no fast but smooth movements perfect imop.I would even like it better surf fishing and wreck fishing than my manbug h1 .slimer profile and no bladeplay cause of the slipjoint.all my riveted h1 spyderedge have loads of blade play and personally feel like junk.one use knives.the dogtag is a winner you can take it apart fix it then put it back on youre neck for the next fishing trip.riveted knives you cant depend on them forever or clean them by dismantling them.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

We have multiple versions of the Dogtag now, when are we gonna get a Coin Claw? Please!

http://www.sergeknives.com/page35.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

bearfacedkiller wrote:We have multiple versions of the Dogtag now, when are we gonna get a Coin Claw? Please!

http://www.sergeknives.com/page35.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have two of them. Probably my most loved and hated knife, haha. Aesthetically a dream. A PITA to sharpen. I think the Dogtag is a better knife design, the Coinclaw a better jewelry design.

With such a small blade the hole opener would be the problem. I guess that didn't stop them with some designs like the Roadie, Pingo, etc.