Dear Deacon

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Re: Dear Deacon

Post by apollo »

gbelleh wrote:But why Spyderco? It seems a $25,000 William Henry, 24 karat gold engraved, Damascus folder would be more appropriate for someone of your status than a $35 Ladybug.
Maybe because the lady has a good taste just like we all do on this forum ? ;)
And personally i would love to see the William Henry out cut the ladybug first. :D
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

This is turning out to be a highly entertaining, yet extremely odd, thread :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:This is turning out to be a highly entertaining, yet extremely odd, thread :D
Odd indeed!! :rolleyes: John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
chloe

Post by chloe »

gbelleh wrote:But why Spyderco? It seems a $25,000 William Henry, 24 karat gold engraved, Damascus folder would be more appropriate for someone of your status than a $35 Ladybug.
Well, I am sort of new to all of this and I love the name Lady Bug! How cute.

Who is this Mr. Henry? Is he with Spyderco? I really just love all the colors of what Spyderco has. The catalog is so beautiful and creative, when I was given one by a friend, I thought they must be the best in the world.

I did not know you could buy knives in that price range. I like the ones I have and want to buy more.

No drinking tonight, I had dinner at the hotel and came up and watched an old TV show on Netflix called MASH, about the Vietnam war, and it is very funny.

Would Mr. Henry of Spyderco make me a designer knife? That would be so cool.

Now that I know this I want one!

Also, in the photos, the Deacon is holding a German Luger, he won't hurt me, will he? That photo scared me.

I just want you kind gentlemen to help me with knives, and I can tell you of my bad habits of getting being hammered on Jack Daniels. I know that sounds awful, bet I do like fun.

Really, I am just a girl trying to make some friends who like knives. can't tell you why I like them but, I do. They make me feel safe.

Will the Deacon talk to me? I really want to change my name on here to the "Deaconess!" I just want to make sure he is a nice man and not a scary brute.

If I call Spyderco, can I speak to Mr. William Henry? OH, wait...can I come to Spyderco's plant where they make the Lady Bugs and all the colorful knives? That would be so fun!

Again, I am just looking for some help from you nice boys, and I thank you for that.

Tomorrow, I am going to go to a party and take along a Spyderco to match shoes and bag, that new purple ladybug I just bought. I can post the details but only if you want.

Does the Deacon like own Spyderco? He did scare me, however, he is a very handsome man.

Good night,

Love and peace,

Chloe the Deaconess XOXO
Last edited by chloe on Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
chloe

Post by chloe »

Do you mean these knives are made in Damascus, Syria?

Now I want one real bad!

Off to bed again.

LUV,

Can I be the Deaconess?

OK...

Nite,

The Deaconess
chloe

Post by chloe »

OH! Now I can't sleep after thinking about a knife made in Syria?

Taking the elevator down to the bar here at the hotel and have a few Ramos Fizzes to help me sleep.

Have you guys ever had a Ramos Fizz? They have gin in them, with lemon juice, lime juice, some Roses lime juice, an egg white, cream, orange flower water, and club soda. Shaken for three minutes, I know but that is the recipe, and served on the rocks.

They are like candy it is after 2:30 here, but, a couple of these usually help me sleep.

I want to ask the Deacon if I can come to the Spyderco headquarters and shops! How fun would that be! It would just be me and the flight attendants from the jet, and maybe the pilots. Now they all want knives, too so I am going to buy them a bunch and surprise them.

But I want to get them the best Spyderco has from Mr. William Henry. I want at least two each to start, so that is like ten.

OK down to the lobby for a nightcap.

The Deaconess
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:This is turning out to be a highly entertaining, yet extremely odd, thread :D
And just when I didn't think it could top itself, the thread somehow gets ever weirder and better! :eek:
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Damascus is just the name of the steel. It has nothing to do with Syria. You should look it up it is nice having special paterns and such but just not my cup of thee.
Also Mr Henry did at this point never collaborate with spyderco. (That i know) So he has nothing to do with spyderco.
Would he make you a knife? maybe you should contact him for it.
Personally i never liked his designs.
The only good knife is a sharp knife that keeps his edge. That is why i am here no maker or brand ever gave me a knife better in cutting things then a spyderco.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Ramos Gin Fizz always reminds be of the old Bogart movie Dead Reckoning I believe? That's what Lizabeth Scott orders in a bar scene.

Chloe, are you a wannabe actor/ress practicing being a character you like here in the home of the high performance cutlery? Even the name "Chloe" makes me think you are someone playing dress up . If you want to talk knives you can certainly do so without trying to play with people. Humans weren't placed on the earth for your amusements. We have people from all stages of life here including well off, older types, some with problems health or other world and the one current thread is they aren't here to be toyed with. Your stay will be a brief one if that is why you are here.

So, stop being "deaconess" or "princess", or whatever else and try being just plain you. You will find you get help and answers a **** of a lot easier. There is a vast amount of collective knowledge to tap into about many things. There's not much you can't do here but manipulation is one that closes doors faster than anything else I've ever seen. Even faster than plain rudeness.

Of course that's that way in the real world too. I suppose that's why folks come online to play. No problem when done at the places designed for that but imagine a small town hardware store where people come to get away and talk tools and stuff.

How much fun can that be for a kid?

Heh!
FDE

Post by FDE »

I must say, this thread has caught me off guard more than any of the hundreds I've read on this forum. Just wow!
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

FDE wrote:I must say, this thread has caught me off guard more than any of the hundreds I've read on this forum. Just wow!
hahaha yeah, reading through this thread I'm disappointed I didn't stop by earlier. Note to any burglars reading this thread: Stay away from Deacon's house :p

A further note to Chloe, you can always visit the Spyderco factory outlet. Maybe the next time you fly over to Aspen for a bit of weekend skiing you can pop by Golden and pick up some cute ladybug's and dragonflies. Better yet you can put that lovely trust fund to good use and commission a run of paramilitary 2 knives in m4 steel and make a lot of guys happy :p
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I dunno Deacon, eight more pics like the ones on the last page and you've got yourself a great calendar! ;) :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
paladin

Post by paladin »

To whom it may concern...The timeframe for M*A*S*H is the Korean War era...not Vietnam War :rolleyes:
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:I dunno Deacon, eight more pics like the ones on the last page and you've got yourself a great calendar! ;) :D
For December we need to get a shot of Paul with a PM2 and a forced smile :D
paladin wrote:To whom it may concern...The timeframe for M*A*S*H is the Korean War era...not Vietnam War :rolleyes:
Possibly one of the best US tv series ever made though :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
chloe

Post by chloe »

The Mastiff wrote:Ramos Gin Fizz always reminds be of the old Bogart movie Dead Reckoning I believe? That's what Lizabeth Scott orders in a bar scene.

Chloe, are you a wannabe actor/ress practicing being a character you like here in the home of the high performance cutlery? Even the name "Chloe" makes me think you are someone playing dress up . If you want to talk knives you can certainly do so without trying to play with people. Humans weren't placed on the earth for your amusements. We have people from all stages of life here including well off, older types, some with problems health or other world and the one current thread is they aren't here to be toyed with. Your stay will be a brief one if that is why you are here.

So, stop being "deaconess" or "princess", or whatever else and try being just plain you. You will find you get help and answers a **** of a lot easier. There is a vast amount of collective knowledge to tap into about many things. There's not much you can't do here but manipulation is one that closes doors faster than anything else I've ever seen. Even faster than plain rudeness.

Of course that's that way in the real world too. I suppose that's why folks come online to play. No problem when done at the places designed for that but imagine a small town hardware store where people come to get away and talk tools and stuff.

How much fun can that be for a kid?

Heh!
Mr. Mastiff,

I Don't think I have manipulated anyone here, in fact I know it because I don't practice things like that, it is something I don't like, however I know it when I see it as it is done to me all the time. You would not believe how some men treat myself and other women, it is awful and no fun!

Mr mastiff, why can't I participate in as you say 'tools like a hardware store?' Also, I have never been rude, I was a cheerleader, we are trained to be nice, but the Deacon Posted scary, to a girl photos. At first he scared me. Mastiff, I think you are doing all the things you tell me I did? Which I didn't.

Also, I am a real person, too, and I am just being myself here, because I like it here. I am not a "Princess" as you say, but calling myself Deaconess is all in fun, plus I wish the Deacon will help me learn about my new little hobby. Really, I am a good person, I have never, ever taken any drugs, or pills...just booze and that is from my college days, the worst thing I do is carry a knife in NYC past Tammany hall where all these silly laws and foolishness get it's roots.

At first the Deacon scared me with that gun photo, I thought he was mad at me but, he may be able to look like a big mean brute, however, he has to be a nice man with such a cute little doggie!! And, by the way he is a rather good looking man.

You see I talk a lot, I know that. Dad tells us we are ditzy and dingy, that would be myself and my younger sister, Crystal, she is 22, and attends Wellesley like I did.

I recently gave her some Spyderco's in the colors she likes...now she is hooked too. Last night she had a look at the Deacon and stated she wanted to be the Deaconess, well, I said "No way!" That is my nickname, I am the Deaconess.

So, she agreed to register as Crystal on the forum and she will be Deaconess Crystal, and I will remain Deaconess Chloe.

We really want to have the Deacon take us both by the hand in order for him to dance us through the vast knowledge he has on all things about these knives. To be arm in arm, skip us around all the pages of the forum so we may learn about the metal, sharpening the blades up, those cute little star crossed screws that the knives are kept together with and the plastic material of the colorful pretty handles.

I think I have all the colors of the Lady Bug, Delica, Endura, Man Bug (Gotta love that name)! Crystal has some of them, too.

I also have bright orange Military in G10, whatever that is, (See we need help) a bright orange G10 Manix, another G10 Manix in a beautiful bright pretty blue and a real pretty pink! A cute Dragonfly in a cheerful yellow, and many more.

Maybe you are not used to having any girls around here? Oh, And speaking of Manipulation, just last week at the hotel, the Asst. Manager came running after me yelling miss, oh miss, he was waving a yardstick and tried to measure my dress from the hem down my leg! He said that is too much short and we have standards here. Well, he got my 4" heel stomped on his cheap loafers,and I grabbed him by his tie, and told him he was in big trouble. I have never done anything like that before! The body guard Dad has for us, Vinny, took him aside and fixed his tie, and mindset. He later called to tell me he was sorry. I accepted, then told him you don't go around trying to measure girls' skirts and dresses. He could have wound up at Rikers Island.

The other time I was manipulated was in my junior year at Wellesley. You see, dad is a gun collector, so, I did a paper on the second amendment. One afternoon I was called into the Dean of the history dept., and he asked why I choose the topic I did? My answer was the first amendment allows me to. Then the dean stood up, pointed to the door yelling get out! They don't like firearms at Wellesley. So I have been in those positions, and I never have done that kind of thing to others.

So my sister and I just love these little knives and want to have a new hobby, build a collection and just have fun. We thank all here who would be willing to answer any questions.

We need more bandages here we get cut from these things.

Like, do you think the Deacon will come back here to help his new little friends? We hope so! we like him...he looks like a real man! Also, from what people say he knows everything about Spyderco. Is he the owner of Spyderco? or is it William Henry? I'm confused.

OH! I love the adorable little spider on the knives, he is so cute!! I want to get everything with the little spider on it like hats, t-shirts, stickers well, everything.

Does the Spyderco Spider have a name? He needs a cute name he does have a name, right?

That's all for now,

Thank you Deacon!

Luv, your friends,

Deaconesses Chloe and Crystal
Last edited by chloe on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chloe

Post by chloe »

apollo wrote:Damascus is just the name of the steel. It has nothing to do with Syria. You should look it up it is nice having special paterns and such but just not my cup of thee.
Also Mr Henry did at this point never collaborate with spyderco. (That i know) So he has nothing to do with spyderco.
Would he make you a knife? maybe you should contact him for it.
Personally i never liked his designs.
The only good knife is a sharp knife that keeps his edge. That is why i am here no maker or brand ever gave me a knife better in cutting things then a spyderco.
Didn't that other poster say Mr. Henry makes a $25,000 Spyderco, so like, he must be the owner, right?
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

If you really want to learn, that's great. No disrespect, but it's pretty hard to believe you're a real person, and not a caricature based on Cher from Clueless. Most people (who aren't rappers or spoiled heiresses) just don't go around bragging about private jets, exclusive parties, multiple homes, etc. No actual wealthy person I've ever known has acted like that. As they say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. How about showing up the Deacon with a selfie in front of your custom painted jet, holding a Ladybug? Otherwise, Occam's razor will lead us to believe you're just trying to have some fun, trolling the forum with an outrageous alter ego.

By the way, if you're really interested in learning about William Henry, just visit williamhenry.com. Unless of course, you're just trolling for fun.
:bug-red-white
chloe

Post by chloe »

Why so mean? That is fine the jet is with my dad when he is back, I can do that.

Again, I have never been on a knife forum, or one with all men. What are all of you roughians?

So far all there has been is threats I already said we are a couple of girls. Also, you say "it is hard not to believe you are a real person," like who would be posting this? a computer?

Tonight I am going to Harlem to some jazz club, I like that kind of music. And take a friend, get blasted until 4:00am!!

You boys are no fun...
chloe

Post by chloe »

gbelleh wrote:If you really want to learn, that's great. No disrespect, but it's pretty hard to believe you're a real person, and not a caricature based on Cher from Clueless. Most people (who aren't rappers or spoiled heiresses) just don't go around bragging about private jets, exclusive parties, multiple homes, etc. No actual wealthy person I've ever known has acted like that. As they say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. How about showing up the Deacon with a selfie in front of your custom painted jet, holding a Ladybug? Otherwise, Occam's razor will lead us to believe you're just trying to have some fun, trolling the forum with an outrageous alter ego.

By the way, if you're really interested in learning about William Henry, just visit williamhenry.com. Unless of course, you're just trolling for fun.
Wait, I thought Mr. Henry worked at or owned Spyderco? We have been talking only about spyderco knives, and that is the one for $25,000, or not? So, now that is a different place? I am like confused!

Also, all of the things I mention are daddies, not mine, Mom is gone a long time.

Occam and his razor is not to scare me again, like the Deacon tried and failed, the big teddy bear!
FDE

Post by FDE »

If you are sincere about being here to learn and talk about Spyderco knives, then an excellent way to initiate meaningful conversation is to post a picture of your collection or perhaps just your favorite knife. Just a thought...