USN exclusive Lady Bug Hawkbill in toxic green/TiCN

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GoldenSpydie

USN exclusive Lady Bug Hawkbill in toxic green/TiCN

Post by GoldenSpydie »

The official unofficial thread for discussion and photos of the newly released USN forum knife--the Lady Bug Hawkbill in toxic green FRN and black DLC.

This LBHB is a limited edition for the Usual Suspects Network, and it is offered in PE and SE.

Here is the link: http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is also a 40% discount code for USN members...luckily I joined there a while back just to get this code. ;)

Anyway, I just got back from the SFO with two of these little gems:

Last edited by GoldenSpydie on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SpyderNut

Re: USN exclusive Lady Bug Hawkbill in toxic green/dlc

Post by SpyderNut »

OH MY SWEET MERCY! :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D I have been waiting for these!! Hiredgun, I hope you're seeing this!
Last edited by SpyderNut on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Nice, just ordered two from the SFO, should be a nice addition to the collection
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Dang, gotta get one in SE for sure just to have a DLC Ladybug.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I already have a regular production yellow SE Ladyhawk which I carry often so I just ordered a plain edge version to go with it. I joined USN a while ago too so I got the discount which was quite significant. Not the $20 dollars I got my regular production model for but I really wanted a plain edge version so I had to have it. I would love a plain edge Ladyhawk in VG10 or ZDP but this will definitely do for now. I couldn't get away from the baby today so they are holding it for me until tomorrow when I can swing over to Golden to pick it up.

Thanks for the pics to hold me over GS. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

I love the combination of black and yellow in general so there is probably gonna be a blade swap coming. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: wow! I wish I had the money for this! All the cool stuff seems to come out when I'm broke.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Very nice! I didn't even know these were coming. But two are on the way now. :)
:bug-red-white
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I just ordered one in SE for now. :) That PE is calling my name, though...;)
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'm a member on USN...where do I find the coupon code?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I love the combination of black and yellow in general so there is probably gonna be a blade swap coming. :)

Exactly what I was thinking! High5.

I'm digging the black blade. Maybe not so much the monster green, although I don't dislike it that bad.
Going back to Caly.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

TomAiello wrote:I'm a member on USN...where do I find the coupon code?
There's a thread in the Spyderco sub-forum with the code info.
:bug-red-white
swigert

Post by swigert »

I'll be grabbing a couple on Monday assuming they are still there. I'm sure they will be.
bearfacedkiller

There were 1200 made total. There are 600 in each edge configuration and customers can buy up to 4 if they buy the limit of 2 of each edge configuration. I kind of thought they would sell out very fast however it is kind of pricey for what it is for many people so maybe not. I hope they sell out fast or I am gonna end up buying another. :)
-Darby
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Which flavor is going to be more sought after down the road, the SE or PE?
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
bearfacedkiller

…both… depends who you are selling it too.

There has never been a PE Ladyhawk before though and there has been a regular production SE for a while now so maybe the PE but a lot of people don't care for PE H1 and love SE H1 so again it depends on who is seeking it.
-Darby
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

bearfacedkiller wrote:…both… depends who you are selling it too.

There has never been a PE Ladyhawk before though and there has been a regular production SE for a while now so maybe the PE but a lot of people don't care for PE H1 and love SE H1 so again it depends on who is seeking it.
I ordered two of the SE because of the H1 mostly, the PE looks nice though.

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:Which flavor is going to be more sought after down the road, the SE or PE?
Like BFK mentioned, it's likely a crap-shoot as to what will be more desirable as a collectors' piece down the road. I would personally go for what you prefer (or both if you can swing it). :)
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

The original USN forum request was for the serrated edge version IIRC.

Sal added the plain edge option when he green lighted the project.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Congrat's to all of you who score one of these, I have to say they look really cool. I hope Spyderco make more DLC coated blades on their Japaneese models :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon