Forum Update Follow Up

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RadioactiveSpyder

Re: Forum Update Follow Up

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Kristi, thank you SO MUCH for your email assistance with my question about posting pictures from Photobucket and them now being clickable on the forum site. I indeed did not have my PB account fully locked, although I have noticed some quirky things still happening when clicking on mine or others pictures. It also took me a minute to realize the software update switched my avatar back to an older version I was using when I first joined! Keep up the good work guys! Cheers, Radioactive :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

If the photobucket pics were in HTML links, phpBB3 rejects raw HTML. On your photobucket pic posts, it looks like HTML special ampersand characters have been broken with a hash, which probably occurred for a reason but should not have been an issue.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'd like to add that this forum finally runs great on Firefox mobile. In the past it did this weird thing where posts would be different font sizes but it's all smooth now.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

My Photobucket pics are gone too. :(
- best wishes, Jazz.
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

I don't see the quick link back to the Spyderco website from the forum site. Is it gone completely or just moved somewhere else?
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
christopher

Post by christopher »

Thanks Kristi! Very nice job. We all really appreciate your efforts.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

I also miss the desktop view on mobile as there're many information missing on mobile view such as thread starter, when it was started, etc.
Chris :spyder:
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

ManixFan wrote:I don't see the quick link back to the Spyderco website from the forum site. Is it gone completely or just moved somewhere else?
It got lost in the update. We've put it back up though; you'll find it in the top left corner now next to the "Quick Links" and the "FAQ".
There is nothing more important than this one day.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

anagarika wrote:I also miss the desktop view on mobile as there're many information missing on mobile view such as thread starter, when it was started, etc.
Here's my explanation that I posted in another thread in the Tech Support area:
TazKristi wrote:There isn't a separate "version" for mobile. The software is responsive; meaning it reprioritizes content and modifies the design to fit on any given device on the fly. There are so many different devices (phones, tablets, hybrids, etc.) that using a "mobile" design doesn't work well anymore.

I'm sorry to say that I can't really alter what appears as it would be different depending upon what device someone is viewing on. I felt that a responsive site was the best choice for everyone.

I hope this helps with understanding. ;)

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Kristi,

Thank you. Nothing much i can do for now then.
Chris :spyder:
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

TazKristi wrote:
ManixFan wrote:I don't see the quick link back to the Spyderco website from the forum site. Is it gone completely or just moved somewhere else?
It got lost in the update. We've put it back up though; you'll find it in the top left corner now next to the "Quick Links" and the "FAQ".
Thanks for the explanation Taz!
Ah, there it is! Come to Papa you beautiful little link!
Amazing how convenient that thing is to have and you really miss it when its gone.
It's the little things in life that make a difference.
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D