"SPYDERCO CRANBERRY BOB LUM" on eBay

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
euphorbioid

"SPYDERCO CRANBERRY BOB LUM" on eBay

Post by euphorbioid »

This knife is listed on ebay now, http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPYDERCO-CRANBE ... 4d2d69edd8" target="_blank. Anybody know the seller, shrinkydave? His store on ebay is called Dave's Sharp Stuff. Can anyone comment on the legitimacy of this knife from the pics? The bidding is up to $213. It looks like the last one that sold went for $425 or so several years back. Thanks for any help or advice that can be provided.
Jan
bh49

Re: "SPYDERCO CRANBERRY BOB LUM" on eBay

Post by bh49 »

Cranberry Lum is the legend. It is prototype. One or two were made. You will be able to find some info, if you search this forum. Some pictures as well.
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Jan!

The Cranberry Lum is a Holy Grail like very few else. I've only seen it pics, like twice in the last 10 years. :D

If you are really interested don't let it pass. Right now it is up to $ 305, but I'm sure it'll be around $ 500 at the end of the bid. :rolleyes:
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

AFAIK there have been 2 in the wild. Don't remember who had them though..
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

So the pink Lum Chinese knives aren't just Cranberry Lums that have faded from sitting out in the sunlight? There goes my retirement nest egg...

:cool:

TedP
swede

Post by swede »

Hello again Spydie fans,
I am Swede and haven't been here for many years. A decade ago, I amassed over 600 Spyderco knives. I have sold a lot of them off on ebay and right now the cranberry Lum is mine. I am so glad to be back among friends!!
Dave
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

euphorbioid wrote:This knife is listed on ebay now, http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPYDERCO-CRANBE ... 4d2d69edd8" target="_blank. Anybody know the seller, shrinkydave? His store on ebay is called Dave's Sharp Stuff. Can anyone comment on the legitimacy of this knife from the pics? The bidding is up to $213. It looks like the last one that sold went for $425 or so several years back. Thanks for any help or advice that can be provided.
Jan
I know who "ShrinkyDave" is>> And I encountered him and got to know him originally on Ebay many years ago. I would have no problem dealing with him at all. He is actually a member of this forum as well but I haven't seen him post in quite a while now. I remember back then that he had a lot of really obscure, one of a kind and limited edition Spyders that you didn't see many of. If my memory is doing well today I think he goes by "Swede" here on the Forum but again it's been at least 6 to 7 years since I've seen or talked to or encountered him. He also seemed like a really decent guy to me. Good Luck bidding on that one :rolleyes: I hope you got a deep wallet.

There was also a CRanberry colored Salsa that a good friend of mine had and you don't see those very often.
euphorbioid

Post by euphorbioid »

swede wrote:Hello again Spydie fans,
I am Swede and haven't been here for many years. A decade ago, I amassed over 600 Spyderco knives. I have sold a lot of them off on ebay and right now the cranberry Lum is mine. I am so glad to be back among friends!!
Dave
Hi Dave,
Thanks for re-surfacing. I'm always a little leery of buying expensive things on eBay from folks I don't know or haven't been vetted in a place like this. I feel very comfortable going after this knife now. Hope to be talking directly when the auction is over.
Jan
euphorbioid

Post by euphorbioid »

JD Spydo wrote:
euphorbioid wrote:This knife is listed on ebay now, http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPYDERCO-CRANBE ... 4d2d69edd8" target="_blank. Anybody know the seller, shrinkydave? His store on ebay is called Dave's Sharp Stuff. Can anyone comment on the legitimacy of this knife from the pics? The bidding is up to $213. It looks like the last one that sold went for $425 or so several years back. Thanks for any help or advice that can be provided.
Jan
I know who "ShrinkyDave" is>> And I encountered him and got to know him originally on Ebay many years ago. I would have no problem dealing with him at all. He is actually a member of this forum as well but I haven't seen him post in quite a while now. I remember back then that he had a lot of really obscure, one of a kind and limited edition Spyders that you didn't see many of. If my memory is doing well today I think he goes by "Swede" here on the Forum but again it's been at least 6 to 7 years since I've seen or talked to or encountered him. He also seemed like a really decent guy to me. Good Luck bidding on that one :rolleyes: I hope you got a deep wallet.

There was also a CRanberry colored Salsa that a good friend of mine had and you don't see those very often.
JD, thanks for the endorsement, means a lot coming from a long term spydie afficionado. Deep wallet? Guess we'll have to see how deep is deep.
Scroop

Post by Scroop »

ummmmm...try $700 deep, with a day and a half left :eek:
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

swede wrote:[...]I am so glad to be back among friends!!
Dave
Hi Dave, Long time no see. You are back just in time ... :rolleyes:
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Hey I'm curious? What did the Cranberry Lum finally go for?

Also I do know for a fact that they once had a blue handled Dyad>> the guy I got that information from had one of the best Spyderco collections I've ever seen. I think it must have also been a prototype as well. Not even sure what blade steel it had.
No I'm not talking about those colored Dyad Jr. models either because I've had 3 of them at one time.

Also I heard that there was a Chinese Lum that there were only about a half a dozen ever made as well.
euphorbioid

Post by euphorbioid »

JD Spydo wrote:Hey I'm curious? What did the Cranberry Lum finally go for?
Four hours left. Current bid $700. I'm out.
Jan
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Ended @ $1036.99. I was reduced to the second highest bidder in the last second. Oh well. :(
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

That's pretty steep. Ouch. I can't bring myself to pony up 150 for the Nishijin version. A thousand bucks? No way! But I'm happy for whoever got it, nice knife.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Ended @ $1036.99. I was reduced to the second highest bidder in the last second. Oh well. :(
At that price, might as well get a custom from someone. :)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

jabba359 wrote:
GoldenSpydie wrote:Ended @ $1036.99. I was reduced to the second highest bidder in the last second. Oh well. :(
At that price, might as well get a custom from someone. :)
True...although I'm still disappointed. Oh well, to quote MCM a while back, "It's a marathon, not a sprint." I have plenty of time to find other rare Spydies. :)
swigert

Post by swigert »

Wow that's a lot. Beautiful knife though
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Wow, :spyder: collectors are a crazy bunch.... :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Well that was a fun ride... I was also a bidder on that auction, tagging out at a respectable $475 total (well, what I thought was respectable ;)). I figured it would top out at around $800 or $900, I was surprised it topped over $1K. Guess I should have figured with GS bidding on it :p :eek: :rolleyes:

I wonder if another forumite here picked it up, and whether they might come forward with some more pics! Cheers to the winner, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King