Official Thread Regarding Upcoming Endura/Delica/Stretch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Strong-Dog

Official Thread Regarding Upcoming Endura/Delica/Stretch

Post by Strong-Dog »

Is anyone else RIDICULOUSLY excited for the upcoming HAP40 runs, along with the new Stretch and the SG2 versions of these knives? I can't be the only one.....

My first objective is to find out what exactly is coming out this year. Please list anything you know. I know for a fact the titanium damascus endura. I also heard of a new designed G10 Stretch. I've heard of SG2 G10 models, but does this include the Stretch, and if so, the new model with G10 or the old model? I've also heard of the HAP40 sprints, will this including the new designed Stretch?

My next objective is to find out dates. When are these knives expected to hit dealers, Spyderco?

This is the first time in quite a while that I'm uber excited for a bunch of up-coming Spydercos, so I want to make sure we all get as much info as we can so that we both have time to save up, and don't miss out.
Lost

Re: Official Thread Regarding Upcoming Endura/Delica/Stretch

Post by Lost »

You sir, are definitely not the only one. I'm excited for ANY new version of the delica coming out mostly.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

LuxN wrote:I'm excited for ANY new version of the delica coming out mostly.
Thisthisthis. I broke my moratorium on non-stainless folders specifically to pick up the SB Delica. I gave up on a complete collection long ago, but that won't stop me from picking up all new versions.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Hmm. I'll have to read up on HAP40. I'll definitely pick up a G10 Delica.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Holland

Post by Holland »

I'll probably buy any new delica and dragonfly. Very excited to see what it coming out this year
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

The Delica was my first Spyderco, and it continues to prove itself one of my favorites regardless of any other knives I acqire. I'm making a effort to cut back on buying new knives this year, but the FRN variants are still well within my budget. Going forward I'll likely stick to Delicas and Ladybugs for the most part.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I'm so excited that I can hardly wait to start the "Unofficial Thread Regarding Upcoming Endura/Delica/Stretch"! ;)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

It would be nice if the Stretch was the new version Stretch with G-10 scales......but please no more brown G-10 :eek: :D
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Any chance the G10 versions of the Delica/endura could have the spine flat all the way to the tip like the military? That would be a nice touch.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

I'm stoked as well!
Stretch is currently one of my favorite go-to folders (and Delica is a given as a classic favorite), so I'm eagerly anticipating this news!
Honestly, I'm happy with either FRN or G10, either way.
...been searching for a foliage green G10 Delica, but I'm about to give up. So, hopefully this next batch can fulfill my needs there.

I'm fresh to HAP40, so unsure at this point what to expect there...? But, in :spyder: I trust!
Going back to Caly.
babtron

Post by babtron »

I might be the odd man out. I'd say I'm more excited seeing the color choice of the FRN HAP40 version than anything else :p. We all know the steel should be great ;).

I find it seriously hard not to go back and carry my ZDP Delica. I try to carry other knives but for some reason, I always go back :cool:
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Don't think there's a single steel the Japanese would be willing to use that would make me want another Delica or Endura. Spyderco simply makes too many other midlocks that work better for me than those two. As for the Stretch, my interest depends completely on the properties of HAP40, a steel which I know nothing about. If it's more stainless than ZDP-189, and holds an edge as well or better than VG-10, I'd be at least mildly interested. If it's close to H-1 in terms of stain resistance and close to ZDP-189 in terms of edge holding, I'd be very interested. If it's even less stainless than ZDP-89, not really.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

I know that the Endura for sure the rest I am not that interested. If the news of these are just being released we wont see these for another 8 months maybe close to a year, hopefully I am wrong.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
CyberKlown28

Post by CyberKlown28 »

I'd hop on the endura(s) if that mini choil was removed to give a full 3.75" cutting edge. :D
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

The Deacon wrote:Don't think there's a single steel the Japanese would be willing to use that would make me want another Delica or Endura. Spyderco simply makes too many other midlocks that work better for me than those two. As for the Stretch, my interest depends completely on the properties of HAP40, a steel which I know nothing about. If it's more stainless than ZDP-189, and holds an edge as well or better than VG-10, I'd be at least mildly interested. If it's close to H-1 in terms of stain resistance and close to ZDP-189 in terms of edge holding, I'd be very interested. If it's even less stainless than ZDP-89, not really.
It does appear that HAP40 is less stainless than ZDP-189, as it's an alloy tool steel. Data sheet. I also strongly prefer stainless for folders, but the siren song of the Delica proves irresistible to me.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

I'll need one in Hap 40 and one from the Super Gold run. Probably an Endura in whichever comes out first, and a Delica in the second release.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

opusxpn wrote:I know that the Endura for sure the rest I am not that interested. If the news of these are just being released we wont see these for another 8 months maybe close to a year, hopefully I am wrong.
I'm not sure what's required for the G10 run, but the FRN run only requires a new steel (and color). I'm kind of expecting the FRN sprint to drop out of the blue without a whole lot of warning. You're probably right about the G10 one though.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Is the whole line getting HAP40, like the Super Blue?

Will we see HAP40 Ladybug, Manbug and Dragonfly?
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

TomAiello wrote:Is the whole line getting HAP40, like the Super Blue?

Will we see HAP40 Ladybug, Manbug and Dragonfly?
It would seem the HAP40 run is in FRN, so that would make sense. The SG run is in G10, so that may just be the Delica/Endura.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

jabba359 wrote:I'm so excited that I can hardly wait to start the "Unofficial Thread Regarding Upcoming Endura/Delica/Stretch"! ;)
I'd be all over that one! :D :spyder: