Thickest G10 non nested liner knife?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Thickest G10 non nested liner knife?

Post by Evil D »

I have a friend who wants to custom carve something into a knife handle for me, what model can you all think of that has the thickest scales without nested liners?
senorsquare

Re: Thickest G10 non nested liner knife?

Post by senorsquare »

Probably the Southard. The Nilakka may fit the bill for you. The only other options I can think of are the full titanium knives since they don't have liners at all.

I've been tempted to try to get a full CF show side scale for something like the Techno or Gayle Bradley.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

If it doesn't have to be perfectly flat, look at the Lil' Lionspy or full size Lionspy. The scale is super thick since it is contoured and the backspacer is integral to the scale. There is no liner on the scale side, either.

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Very good options....I'd really like to do the Southard but I'm not sure if it's big enough overall. The bigger the knife, the more detailed the carving can be.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Evil D wrote:Very good options....I'd really like to do the Southard but I'm not sure if it's big enough overall. The bigger the knife, the more detailed the carving can be.
The scale isn't terribly thick but the Tuff has a fair amount of real estate on the handle.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

G10 UKPK's are linerless.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Invective

Post by Invective »

If you can fid a Chinook, I remember those handles being pretty beefy and a lot wider than the Southard. Pretty sure they've got full liners too
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Older Militarys have no liner one the non locking side. (2005 was the last year afaik)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

NoFair wrote:Older Militarys have no liner one the non locking side. (2005 was the last year afaik)

Yeah, I think this is what I'm going with. The Military I have only has the little liners that extend up to the back spacer, so the majority of the handle is solid G10. It's also a bigger handle so it'll have a lot of room for designs.

The guy doing it is my tattoo artist...he's pretty well known for Japanese work, so he'll probably be doing something along those lines. It's too bad I don't have a similar knife made in Seki.