All of my Spyderco's (2015-01-24) Let's see yours?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jackknifeh

All of my Spyderco's (2015-01-24) Let's see yours?

Post by jackknifeh »

Decided to take a picture of all my Spydercos. Then I knew I needed to post the picture here so they wouldn't disappear (no pic, didn't happen rule :)). Been buying/selling/trading Spyderco's for about 6 years. I only keep them based mainly on if I would carry them or not. The only problem with that statement is I've let go of some great knives that I would love to carry and a couple of the models have been replaced after regretting letting them go. :( :) Anyway, here's what I have now.

Manbug (G-10 handle with red bone scales and SB laminated blade w/spine shaped like a Jester)
Manbug ZDP-189 (w/spine shaped like a Jester)
Dragonfly 2 SB laminated blade sprint (with kirinite handle)
Dragonfly 2 SB sprint
Chaparral 2
Chaparral 3
Bug (AZ ironwood scales glued onto ss handle)

Michael Walker sprint, CF/ZDP-189 (new CF, clip raised, jimping) Mods not mine.
Techno
Stretch SB sprint (stonewashed blade)
Caly 3, ZDP/CF
Kiwi 4
Bradley Folder

Dyad sprint
==============

I'm very happy with my "collection" because I'd carry and use every one of them. I don't know if I can call it a collection because there isn't any in my "set" that is there for a "collectable" type reason. I'll call these knives my EDC set.

If anyone wants to post a picture of all their Spyderco's let's see them. Of course some of you can't fit all of yours in a single pic. Well, unless the picture was taken with a wide angle lens from a satellite. :) You know one of the mysteries of the universe is how many clowns can fit inside a Volkswagon bug (60's models)? Let's see how many Spyderco knives can fit in a single photograph. :) If you only want to take a picture of small knives so more will fit (Paul, you and your Kiwi's :)), that's ok. Cheating is absolutely allowed. :D

Jack
PS
I might need to post another picture if I discover I have forgotten a knife. I just realized I forgot my Dragonfly 2 basic model (VG-10, black FRN). I'm not going to take another pic because there are already 2 D'flys there. I already had to re-take the picture twice. First I realized I had forgotten my bug. After taking another picture, uploading it to photobucket and pasting it here I realized I had forgotten my new Dyad. The Dyad was hiding in my pocket. :) I'm not doing all that again for my other D'fly2. Sorry about that D'fly2 basic. Still love ya. :)

Jack
Last edited by jackknifeh on Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buendia518

Re: All of my Spyderco's (2015-01-24) Let's see yours?

Post by Buendia518 »

Here's everything I've retained. My hawkbill ladybug is lost in the recesses of my apartment.
Last edited by Buendia518 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Missing the Lil' Lionspy, GB, Sage 2, and a UKPK rescue:

DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I didn't want all your knives to disappear, so I thought I'd better copy your pic from the "If you could only carry one" thread, until you can get it back in the first post ;) :

It shows how amazingly small the bugs are alongside regular knives, haha, I've got 2 bugsets I won in an email contest from National Knives. I'm liking the Michael Walker more and more lately, but I might miss the choil for a while if I got one. This is the first time I've noticed that the Dyad has a choil on the PE end and just the flared end and ricasso, a little like a Delica, on the SE end.
Last edited by DougC-3 on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Missing the Lil' Lionspy, GB, Sage 2, and a UKPK rescue:

That's an amazing collection, Eli, especially considering that you may not have been going at it for very long. A couple of questions come to mind right away. Do you keep many or most of them in mint condition as a classical type "collection" or do you carry or use a large percentage? Do you ever sell or swap any? Also, do I not see any Endura 4's?

I don't have a photo with all of mine in it, but I'll try to get them together and take a pic.

And what's that little knife toward the bottom left corner? :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Once you get the missing knives you mentioned you will have a bunch of knives. :) That's quite a collection. Congratulations.

Jack
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

DougC-3 wrote:

That's an amazing collection, Eli, especially considering that you may not have been going at it for very long. A couple of questions come to mind right away. Do you keep many or most of them in mint condition as a classical type "collection" or do you carry or use a large percentage? Do you ever sell or swap any? Also, do I not see any Endura 4's?

I don't have a photo with all of mine in it, but I'll try to get them together and take a pic.

I believe thats a t-mag pasted in?
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Bradley wrote:I believe thats a t-mag pasted in?
Yes he said so in another thread where he posted that pic he forgot it when the picture was taken so he put it in later . :)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

apollo wrote:
Yes he said so in another thread where he posted that pic he forgot it when the picture was taken so he put it in later . :)
Ah, I remember the T-mag now. It's a cool looking little knife, but I ruled it out a long time ago because I was leery of the lock. It would be a great little knife if it had a bolt action or back lock, and if the pointed area in the grip didn't fall in an uncomfortable place.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

DougC-3 wrote:That's an amazing collection, Eli, especially considering that you may not have been going at it for very long. A couple of questions come to mind right away. Do you keep many or most of them in mint condition as a classical type "collection" or do you carry or use a large percentage? Do you ever sell or swap any? Also, do I not see any Endura 4's?

Thanks Doug! I have one large Spyderpac full of dedicated users that are my EDC knives. The rest are stored in various other Spyderpacs or soft cases and most are not used that much. I would say that about 40 or so could be considered "collectable" as they are LNIB and sought after models. There are probably another 20 that are rare but not in perfect condition. These are carried occasionally, but never used very hard.

I sell knives now and then when I want the money for something else. And no, there are no E4s or Caly 3.5s...but no doubt I will rectify that before long. ;)
jackknifeh wrote:Once you get the missing knives you mentioned you will have a bunch of knives. :) That's quite a collection. Congratulations.

Jack
Thanks! I actually have all of the ones I listed right now, but I haven't taken an updated picture, because it takes a few hours to get them all out and put them all away. :eek:
DougC-3 wrote:
apollo wrote:
Ah, I remember the T-mag now. It's a cool looking little knife, but I ruled it out a long time ago because I was leery of the lock. It would be a great little knife if it had a bolt action or back lock, and if the pointed area in the grip didn't fall in an uncomfortable place.
Correct--it's a T-Mag. It is sort of the black sheep of the UKPK family, but I feel that it is very under rated. The T-Mag is actually a pretty cool little knife!
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

GoldenSpydie, that is one fine collection!

~ edge
Buendia518

Post by Buendia518 »

I edited my picture into post #2, above. I wish I took one before I started to trim my collection; I had a lot more variety before.
Gone are my baby Goddard, pearl microdyad, frn dyad sprint, stacked wood kopa, sb caly 3.5, XHP Military, s30v PM2, Native 5, lightweight Native 5, Southard, Domino, Sage 1, forum native 5, Junior, vg10 Stretch, Dragonfly, mules, surely more I can't recall
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Buendia518 wrote:I edited my picture into post #2, above. I wish I took one before I started to trim my collection; I had a lot more variety before.
Gone are my baby Goddard, pearl microdyad, frn dyad sprint, stacked wood kopa, sb caly 3.5, XHP Military, s30v PM2, Native 5, lightweight Native 5, Southard, Domino, Sage 1, forum native 5, Junior, vg10 Stretch, Dragonfly, mules, surely more I can't recall
That was quite a collection -- it's sad to see them go -- but you've still got a very impressive and versatile collection. I think you also had the old and new s30v G-10 Manix 2's ? You probably repressed their loss :(

I may have to thin my collection later this year.
Buendia518

Post by Buendia518 »

DougC-3 wrote:
Buendia518 wrote:I edited my picture into post #2, above. I wish I took one before I started to trim my collection; I had a lot more variety before.
That was quite a collection -- it's sad to see them go -- but you've still got a very impressive and versatile collection. I think you also had the old and new s30v G-10 Manix 2's ? You probably repressed their loss :(
Thanks. It's funny you should say that, I didn't have an S30V manix but I did have an S90V Manix XL, a stainless kiwi, a vg10 caly 3.5, a CF caly 3, a brown caly sprint, a CF Chaparral, a Super Blue Delica, and two Cruwear Militaries. Thanks for jogging my memory. :)

I'm not too bummed about getting rid of them but there are a couple I'd take back. I've traded a bunch of them and handled almost every model that's appealed to me. That's been a great part of the hobby (since I learned how to avoid the post office ;).)
Last edited by Buendia518 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:39 am, edited 8 times in total.
Buendia518

Post by Buendia518 »

double post
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Buendia518 wrote:
DougC-3 wrote: That was quite a collection -- it's sad to see them go -- but you've still got a very impressive and versatile collection. I think you also had the old and new s30v G-10 Manix 2's ? You probably repressed their loss :(
Thanks. It's funny you should say that, I didn't have an S30V manix but I did have an S90V Manix XL, a stainless kiwi, a vg10 caly 3.5, a CF caly 3, a brown caly sprint, a CF Chaparral, a Super Blue Delica, and two Cruwear Militaries. Thanks for jogging my memory. :)

I'm not too bummed about getting rid of them but there are a couple I'd take back. I've traded a bunch of them and handled almost every model that's appealed to me. That's been a great part of the hobby (since I learned how to avoid the post office ;).)
Well, when they go in order to make it possible to get more or different spydies, that's a good thing! I was thinking that you once posted a photo comparison between the HG s30v Manix2 and the newer FFG version, but I now think maybe that was a member from Brazil. Sorry about my confusion :confused: I didn't know there was a brown Caly sprint -- I'll have to be on the lookout for one of those. Another coincidence (besides leaving out the Manix XL): the Cru Millie is the only knife I have two of. Oops... just remembered I now have two D2 PMs.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Little late to this party, but here are all of my Spydies as of Jan 2015. The SE Millie (440V) is my latest (only one so far this year). The VG-10 D4 was my first Spydie. Love 'em all! The favorite seems to vary day to day.