Lost wanderer!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
UK KEN

Lost wanderer!

Post by UK KEN »

Greetings All, just dropped in to say hello and see if any of the diehards are still alive and kicking. I have had some ups and downs but am now thankfully in reasonable health and am reconnecting with some old friends if you'll have me back. I see that there are some fine knives still being designed and produced, so I am going to lock my credit card away before I settle down for a good look!
JD Spydo

Re: Lost wanderer!

Post by JD Spydo »

UK KEN wrote:Greetings All, just dropped in to say hello and see if any of the diehards are still alive and kicking. I have had some ups and downs but am now thankfully in reasonable health and am reconnecting with some old friends if you'll have me back. I see that there are some fine knives still being designed and produced, so I am going to lock my credit card away before I settle down for a good look!
Greetings UK KEN!!! :) hey buddy it's great to hear from you again!! Well I'm one of the "old diehards" and the Deacon is still here>> he's the mayor of Spyderville now you know :D Dr. Hannibal Lecter chimed in about a week or so ago. But Daywalker and Ghostrider both have been missing for a while >> and I've haven't heard from lady SIMONA for quite some time now. But there are a few of the old crowd that still pop in every now and then.

Hey Dude!! It's great to have you back. I hope all is well across the pond and I hope you are back to stay for a while. Pull up a chair and get out your 204 Sharpmaker and stay for a while :D
UK KEN

Post by UK KEN »

Good to hear that Paul has risen through the ranks! I haven't heard from Chad for some time but blame myself as I neglected a lot friendships to my discredit, I was not in a good place. Anyway it is never too late to wind back the clock so here I am.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

UK KEN wrote:Good to hear that Paul has risen through the ranks! I haven't heard from Chad for some time but blame myself as I neglected a lot friendships to my discredit, I was not in a good place. Anyway it is never too late to wind back the clock so here I am.
I seem to remember that it was back around 09 or 10 when you took a leave of absence>> I vaguely remember you telling us you had to leave for a while but it's been so long that I don't remember a lot of details. But none the less it's great to hear from someone who was lively here in the mid 2000s. That was a time here at Spyderville I really loved>> but I still love it here even though the landscape has changed in a few ways.

There sure have been some great new models and the resurrection of some of the older ones in Sprint Runs. The two I really loved are the C-60 Ayoob and C-44 Dyad have both been brought back in Sprint runs.

But hey you're back now and I hope you stay for a while, get a few new Spyders and get back in the groove you belong in my friend. I'm hoping that it will prompt others to return as well ;) I'm sure the DEACON will see your name and chime in before too long. I haven't talked to Chad in quite some time myself. JD :spyder: O
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

UK KEN wrote:Greetings All, just dropped in to say hello and see if any of the diehards are still alive and kicking. I have had some ups and downs but am now thankfully in reasonable health and am reconnecting with some old friends if you'll have me back. I see that there are some fine knives still being designed and produced, so I am going to lock my credit card away before I settle down for a good look!
Wow, talk about a blast from the past... :eek:

It's great to see you back Ken. I still treasure the SS Native I won in your giveaway back in 2005 (I had to look up the thread, I couldn't believe it was really that long ago). As JD said before, a few of the old timers are still here, but many of them have moved on as well. I don't post nearly as often as I did in the early days, but I still stop by at least twice a week to lurk and read. I look forward to you rejoining our ranks. Hopefully, it will be for the long haul. :D
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

JD Spydo wrote: I seem to remember that it was back around 09 or 10 when you took a leave of absence>> I vaguely remember you telling us you had to leave for a while but it's been so long that I don't remember a lot of details. But none the less it's great to hear from someone who was lively here in the mid 2000s. That was a time here at Spyderville I really loved>> but I still love it here even though the landscape has changed in a few ways.
I, too, don't remember any of the details, but I certainly hope that life is on an even keel for you now, and I echo JD's sentiments about seeing a face from a time on these forums that are near and dear to me.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Welcome back Ken! Good to see you, hope you'll be a regular here once again. :)
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Welcome back, Ken. Always nice when an "old" forumite pops back in. Hope everything's okay with you.
- best wishes, Jazz.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Welcome back, brother. Never forget--it is never too late to return to Spyderville. I personally had been AWOL for about five years or so before I came back. The prodigal children always find their way back home here. ;) There were a lot of the "old guard" from here that I miss (Clay Kesting, Allen E. Treat, Jaxon, Kahz, Samo, Sword and Shield, to name a few). Maybe they will return again someday too. Only one can hope! :)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SpyderNut wrote:Welcome back, brother. Never forget--it is never too late to return to Spyderville. I personally had been AWOL for about five years or so before I came back. The prodigal children always find their way back home here. ;) There were a lot of the "old guard" from here that I miss (Clay Kesting, Allen E. Treat, Jaxon, Kahz, Samo, Sword and Shield, to name a few). Maybe they will return again someday too. Only one can hope! :)
You're so "spot-on" Spydernut :) It's just like what Fred Gwynne said in the Stephen King movie PET SEMETARY :eek: "What's Your's Will Always Come Home To You :eek: " :D

But we welcome UK Ken back in a really good way :) Now if we could just get Worker#9, PJRocco, SMCFALLS, Simona, Jimmy Dean, Zeus, Samosaurus, and anybody else out of the class of 04-05 to return we could have one great party>> and who's to say it can't happen :cool:
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

I'll be watching this thread in hopes it brings some other old timers out of the woodwork.
rycen

Post by rycen »

Been a long time. Welcome back.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Good to see you Ken, Happy belated birthday too btw :D

See you got some items out on the bay, duplicates or reducing the collection?
timlara

Post by timlara »

Greetings, Ken! Great to hear from you and glad you are well. I've drifted on and off of the forum a bit myself over the last several years - I would classify myself as a "chatty lurker" - but of course I've never stopped carrying Spydies the whole time. :D
UK KEN

Post by UK KEN »

Thanks for the welcome gentlemen! It is good to see some familiar names. Tim glad to hear from you, any more additions to the family? Hello my old Noggin! I still have over 250 Spydies and am slowly trimming it down my friend. Though I still love my sharp shiny things I have to be a little more sensible with my funds. It would be good to see you two over in the UK for another visit.
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

While I am not a member of the "old guard", I have to say I am honored to be able to play any part in a community that is clearly so genuine and compassionate. You guys are a class act.

I don't know you, Sir ... but I'm glad to see you back!

~ edge
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

UK KEN wrote:Thanks for the welcome gentlemen! It is good to see some familiar names. Tim glad to hear from you, any more additions to the family? Hello my old Noggin! I still have over 250 Spydies and am slowly trimming it down my friend. Though I still love my sharp shiny things I have to be a little more sensible with my funds. It would be good to see you two over in the UK for another visit.
Well Ken I would certainly like to visit your great country some day>> why after all you guys are the home of the Beatles, the Rolling Stones and Johnny Rotten and the Sex Pistols :D And not to mention my old pal Ian Anderson with Jethro Tull which is one of my all time favorite British musicians. Somehow, some way I do hope I make it to visit London before my time on this earth expires. Again Ken it's great to see you back here in Spyderville again :)
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Pleasure to make your (virtual) acquaintance, and thanks for keeping this place running until it was time for us younger guys to get with the program.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Welcome back. Ken

JD Spydo i also hope that Simona comes back someday. I remember here because of the beautyfull pictures she often posted. :)
**** i just found out i am also here from 2004 :eek: Never posted in those days because i was 14 back then and was only just learning from you guys. :p
Then i also lost the path to spyderville and even spyderco for a few years. Now since about 2 years ago i'm back and i'm totally lost to my addiction.. :D

greetings
Last edited by apollo on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Ken,
Good to see you back. Are any Natives left? I still have a picture of your tribe.
Roman