Amsterdam meet anticipation !!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spyder moist

Amsterdam meet anticipation !!

Post by spyder moist »

Is it too early to start thinking about the meet? And the best thread on any internet forum?

Its like willy wonka has opened the gates and 80 lucky golden ticket winners are about to enter a dream world.

I'm not going, but I wait with bated breath every year for the first snippets to appear.
And will the next image, I see be the grail spyderco I've been waiting for or will there be something New that just makes me go wow!.

Last year was a good year for me the clipitools and roadie were shown.
A few years before that I fell in love with the bob t slippit, and the Amsterdam thread was responsible for me making my first spyderco purchase.

Im always looking for more slippits to add to the line.
So a slippy bolstered manbug with liners and nice handle material with a decent steel vg10/super blue etc would be a dream.

What is every one else looking forward too?

41 days , I cannot wait!
Johnnie1801

Re: Amsterdam meet anticipation !!

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Looking forward to the Amsterdam meet thread as well but at least we have SHOT Show coming up this week and hopefully there will be a few video's on youtube next week of the Spyderco booth :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Well, it's the best thread of the year, and thanks to Mr. Blonde. Without his work and coverage and photo skills, what would we do? Thanks ahead of time, Wouter. I can't wait. :)
- best wishes, Jazz.
swigert

Post by swigert »

I can't wait for Mr Blondes thread! I was still getting into Spyderco last year when the annual thread happened. It was responsible for making me fall in love with Spyderco knives. I realized the innovation and how diverse the line of knives really is and how they aren't afraid to push the limit.

I'm eagerly awaiting the thread!
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Hoping that Mr. Blonde gets pics of the new Southard flipper.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

spyder moist wrote:Is it too early to start thinking about the meet?
Its like willy wonka has opened the gates and 80 lucky golden ticket winners are about to enter a dream world.
No it is never to early for something like that. ;)
And as one of those with a golden ticket in my wallet you can surely believe i can not wait for it. :)
this will be my first time in amsterdam. And its a dream that is coming true to meet sal en co.
I must say i think it will have a bad influance on me because my spyderfever is already strong enough by it self... :D
Also i can not wait for the spyderco giftbag.. The mysterie makes me dream over it at night :o
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

apollo wrote:No it is never to early for something like that. ;)
And as one of those with a golden ticket in my wallet you can surely believe i can not wait for it. :)
this will be my first time in amsterdam. And its a dream that is coming true to meet sal en co.
I must say i think it will have a bad influance on me because my spyderfever is already strong enough by it self... :D
Also i can not wait for the spyderco giftbag.. The mysterie makes me dream over it at night :o
I'm right there with you, I've been silently anticipating this trip ever since I booked it! It will also be my first time in Amsterdam and only my second time in Europe. This will surely be the trip of a lifetime and my wife and I are giddy with excitement. She won't be attending the meet, but is happy to let me do my thing for half a day.
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

I've been anticipating the upcoming meet ever since I missed out on last years.
Can't wait to talk to Sal, Eric and everyone from the forums ofcourse!
Looking at the new prototypes is the icing on the cake! :D
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

tvenuto wrote:
apollo wrote:No it is never to early for something like that. ;)
I'm right there with you, I've been silently anticipating this trip ever since I booked it! It will also be my first time in Amsterdam and only my second time in Europe. This will surely be the trip of a lifetime and my wife and I are giddy with excitement. She won't be attending the meet, but is happy to let me do my thing for half a day.
Hey Tvenuto, how long are you coming over for? You might want to drop your wife off at the Rijksmuseum and take the whole day, Spyderco meet in the morning and Heineken brewery in the afternoon, I hear after the tour you get the full tasting experience :)

Seriously though, Amsterdam is a pretty well connected hub with high speed trains to Brussels and Paris etc. Also plenty of low cost airlines flying all over Europe. If you have the time you could check out some other places and make your trip even more special. The Euro is pretty weak against the Dollar at the moment so you can definitely find some good bargains if you book early. If you need any advice let me know :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

apollo wrote: Also i can not wait for the spyderco giftbag.. The mysterie makes me dream over it at night :o
Say what? A Spyderco goodie bag?? :eek: Oh that'll be pretty awesome! My jealousy is in overdrive at the moment. :p
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

Wish I could be there...
apollo

Post by apollo »

SpyderNut wrote:
Say what? A Spyderco goodie bag?? :eek: Oh that'll be pretty awesome! My jealousy is in overdrive at the moment. :p

Yes i hope there will be a few decals so i can pimp my car
I thought about drilling some openingholes in the doors but i dont think that would be such a great idea :D
Last edited by apollo on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apollo

Post by apollo »

tvenuto wrote: I'm right there with you, I've been silently anticipating this trip ever since I booked it! It will also be my first time in Amsterdam and only my second time in Europe. This will surely be the trip of a lifetime and my wife and I are giddy with excitement. She won't be attending the meet, but is happy to let me do my thing for half a day.
You have a very good wife!! ;) Looking forward to meet you. I took a day off from work the next day so i can stay a little longer :D .
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Johnnie1801 wrote:Hey Tvenuto, how long are you coming over for? You might want to drop your wife off at the Rijksmuseum and take the whole day, Spyderco meet in the morning and Heineken brewery in the afternoon, I hear after the tour you get the full tasting experience :)

Seriously though, Amsterdam is a pretty well connected hub with high speed trains to Brussels and Paris etc. Also plenty of low cost airlines flying all over Europe. If you have the time you could check out some other places and make your trip even more special. The Euro is pretty weak against the Dollar at the moment so you can definitely find some good bargains if you book early. If you need any advice let me know :)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm coming over for 5 days in total, so we do have some time to see the sights. We'll be staying in the Meet hotel, and weren't planning on renting a car. I'd certainly be interested in checking out Brussels if it's feasible via train, although we probably won't take any more flights. If I had any specific questions it would be what do we absolutely have to see while in Amsterdam itself? And, what should we absolutely travel to for a day? Feel free to PM me.
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

Molle Ninja wrote:Hoping that Mr. Blonde gets pics of the new Southard flipper.
Saw on Instagram today that Brad Southard is going to be at the Spyderco booth during SHOT. Might get a look at it sooner than the Amsterdam meet.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

SpyderNut wrote:
apollo wrote: Also i can not wait for the spyderco giftbag.. The mysterie makes me dream over it at night :o
Really stoked for this now- can't wait to see you all (Be gentle with me, I'm a 'Meet' virgin :D )

One worry- I hope the goodie bag will be 'Airline Carry On' friendly :spyder:
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Able Dog wrote:
Molle Ninja wrote:Hoping that Mr. Blonde gets pics of the new Southard flipper.
Saw on Instagram today that Brad Southard is going to be at the Spyderco booth during SHOT. Might get a look at it sooner than the Amsterdam meet.
Hey Able Dog, bring us good news about Spyderco ION.Try to get some info.For example if it's going to be exactly like Southard Tarsus, how long the blade ...and of course, the release date :D
apollo

Post by apollo »

tvenuto wrote:
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm coming over for 5 days in total, so we do have some time to see the sights. We'll be staying in the Meet hotel, and weren't planning on renting a car. I'd certainly be interested in checking out Brussels if it's feasible via train, although we probably won't take any more flights. If I had any specific questions it would be what do we absolutely have to see while in Amsterdam itself? And, what should we absolutely travel to for a day? Feel free to PM me.
If i may give you a little advice about Belgium. I would go to Antwerp instead of Brussels. (Also on the same train ride from amsterdam) :)
Brussels is a bit "Dark and Unfriendly" at the moment thx to the IS terrorists. And Antwerp also haves many things to see. :)
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

I don't personally know Wouter but I really enjoy his photo reports from the Amsterdam show. It's one of the mini-highlights of my winter. I am grateful that he does this each year.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Wouter,
I cannot wait to see your pictures and read your comments.
BTW, how soon can you post Shaman's pictures? :)