Spyderco Military Hard Use

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bodog

Spyderco Military Hard Use

Post by Bodog »

Russians doing stupid things with knives, but at least it gives an idea just how hard you can be with the military, which is pretty freaking hard. Well, at least harder than I thought I could be. It took a beating and the only thing which really did any significant damage was something outstandingly stupid. I have much more faith in my S30V millie now than before, I had quite a bit of confidence before.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-MxCDbAW638" target="_blank

And I think it might be a fake but I don't know
Last edited by Bodog on Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
Drew78

Re: Spyderco Military Hard Use

Post by Drew78 »

I've seen that video before. While they are a couple of knuckle heads, that Milli sure got a workout and did quite well!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I was waiting for that tip to break off when they were auguring out that wood. Spydies must be cheap in Russia
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

good vid though watched it about a year or so ago. Spyderco makes some **** good knives. People don't realize how capable some of them are.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm here to tell you first hand from experience with the 440V SE Military and the 440V SE Native models both are so tough it's beyond belief. I put both of those knives through **** and back and believe me they can take.

That 440V blade steel in Spyderedge can really take the torture and can endure harsh environments and can take hard punishment. I always liked 440V other than sharpening>> it is a real monster to sharpen in either edge :rolleyes:
Beard Man

Post by Beard Man »

bearfacedkiller wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ED58nK6Gpc

hmmm...

What ? You don't understand the language ? Hehe :)
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Drew78 wrote:I've seen that video before. While they are a couple of knuckle heads, that Milli sure got a workout and did quite well!
I guess the guys at EuroNCAP are also a bunch of 'Knuckleheads'? I appreciate if other people push their stuff to the limit and post videos about it. Saves me a lot of money.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

bearfacedkiller wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ED58nK6Gpc

hmmm...

What not to do with a Para 2. :D
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Yes, it's been posted here before. I think it's worth noting that a person that spoke Russian came on and told us that they knew that they were trying to test it to failure, and were also quite impressed with how well it was doing. I have no way of knowing if this is true, but it seems perfectly plausible to me, and is probably a better conclusion than "all foreigners don't know how to use knives" or some other xenophobic assumption.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

tvenuto wrote:Yes, it's been posted here before. I think it's worth noting that a person that spoke Russian came on and told us that they knew that they were trying to test it to failure, and were also quite impressed with how well it was doing. I have no way of knowing if this is true, but it seems perfectly plausible to me, and is probably a better conclusion than "all foreigners don't know how to use knives" or some other xenophobic assumption.

It was obvious what they were doing, testing it to failure and that's fine. :)
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

First time i watched this para 2 youtubeclip. makes me feel a little sick inside...
I must say i like to see what a spydie can do. But destroying it is a little over the top for me. :)

I do have to say Russian sounds funny XD
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

tvenuto wrote:Yes, it's been posted here before. I think it's worth noting that a person that spoke Russian came on and told us that they knew that they were trying to test it to failure, and were also quite impressed with how well it was doing. I have no way of knowing if this is true, but it seems perfectly plausible to me, and is probably a better conclusion than "all foreigners don't know how to use knives" or some other xenophobic assumption.
Thank you for your post!

I guess for some people it is easier to make other people look silly than to admit lack of own foreign language competence to the public ;)
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

I don't think anyone was saying that, at least I wasn't when I posted the video. I'm glad I know that I can beat the **** out of my military without too much fear. I still wonder if it was a counterfeit considering the orange g10 seems to be a popular one on Aliexpress.
Cliff Stamp

Post by Cliff Stamp »

tvenuto wrote:... I have no way of knowing if this is true, but it seems perfectly plausible to me, and is probably a better conclusion than "all foreigners don't know how to use knives" or some other xenophobic assumption.
They have a number of video's, they are likely quite experienced in what it takes for a knife to do well at that work as they do it over and over. Given the distal taper on the Military and similar models, you can snap the tips off trivially but they also cut/penetrate quite well so its just a matter of finding the balance for the user.
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

Cliff Stamp wrote:
tvenuto wrote:... I have no way of knowing if this is true, but it seems perfectly plausible to me, and is probably a better conclusion than "all foreigners don't know how to use knives" or some other xenophobic assumption.
They have a number of video's, they are likely quite experienced in what it takes for a knife to do well at that work as they do it over and over. Given the distal taper on the Military and similar models, you can snap the tips off trivially but they also cut/penetrate quite well so its just a matter of finding the balance for the user.
+1