Spyderco Peter Rassenti Nirvana

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

Re: Spyderco Peter Rassenti Nirvana

Post by elena86 »

sal wrote:If the larger one is well received, I woulds guess that Eric will make the smaller one as well.

sal
Why not the other way around ? :)
sandmage

Post by sandmage »

sal wrote:If the larger one is well received, I woulds guess that Eric will make the smaller one as well.

sal
Yes!!! I am so glad to hear this! I don't know why both sizes would be anything but wild successes! But yeah I vastly prefer the smaller version myself. :)
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

timlara wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:Anyone have photos of this, or the folder it is based on?
Hopefully something like this:

Man, if it's something like that, whew, what nice looking knife. Kind of tatanka-ish but in a smaller package. IMO 3.7 inches is a nice size for it.
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

timlara wrote:

Thanks for posting that. Looks very clean. Nice lines.
Going back to Caly.
swigert

Post by swigert »

Can't wait for this one.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Hope the blade is ground reasonably thin and they manage to keep the weight down. Looks great and might threaten my Bowie for pocket space.
sandmage

Post by sandmage »

Couldn't resist and picked up a Rassenti small nirvana. This thing is awesome. Perfect EDC. Spyderco would be wise to make a production model of this beauty!!!
TBob

Post by TBob »

sal wrote:I believe it's larger than that. Maybe 3.7?

sal
Awesome! Thanks, Sal. That's about the size I was hoping for. It's definitely on my list for this year!
:spyder:: Advocate, Slysz Bowie Ti, Southard Black Blade, Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189, Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Roadie, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. :spyder: Spydie Fanatic #179 :spyder:
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I handled the prototype at BLADE this year, and it was a very sweet knife. The integral construction gave it a very solid and rigid feel, without being too heavy. I made a note at the time that it appeared to be between 8" and 9" open. Substantial in hand, but oddly enough the ergos sort of reminded me of the Goddard micarta folder - if it were made of Ti, anyway. Great stuff.

TedP
TBob

Post by TBob »

Aw, Ted, you had to go and make the wait even harder. :)
:spyder:: Advocate, Slysz Bowie Ti, Southard Black Blade, Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189, Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Roadie, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. :spyder: Spydie Fanatic #179 :spyder:
FDE

Post by FDE »

:eek: that's a great looking folder! I'd definitely buy the smaller version if offered.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

sal wrote:I believe it's larger than that. Maybe 3.7?

sal
my one question is.... Will it have a stainless lock bar interface?
di81ni

Post by di81ni »

timlara wrote:

Saw it at the meet today and believe me; it's even nicer than that.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

It sure is nicer then the one on the pic. Much more refined and not as "plain jane" as this one we are all in for a nice suprise believe me.
It is a larger folder but just in my limitations. So it is not military size :) it feels special in hand and the grind on the blade is just beautyfull and feels very practical to. The finish on the handle truly makes it a spyderco like never seen before! :)
elena86

Post by elena86 »

apollo wrote:It sure is nicer then the one on the pic. Much more refined and not as "plain jane" as this one we are all in for a nice suprise believe me.
It is a larger folder but just in my limitations. So it is not military size :) it feels special in hand and the grind on the blade is just beautyfull and feels very practical to. The finish on the handle truly makes it a spyderco like never seen before! :)
Too bad they decided too release a large one.I heard it is quite large.Best carry folders have a blade between 2.5-3.2 inch.I am quite frustrated.
apollo

Post by apollo »

I to prefer those blade lenghts.
For this one i will make an exeption because it is to much of an influance on me.
Good news is that sal said if this one go's well they will make a smaller version.
And im almost a 100% sure that the sales will go good on this one.

Also i really loved the spydiechef that one is smaller so will also fit in youre needs i think. :)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

apollo wrote:I to prefer those blade lenghts.
For this one i will make an exeption because it is to much of an influance on me.
Good news is that sal said if this one go's well they will make a smaller version.
And im almost a 100% sure that the sales will go good on this one.

Also i really loved the spydiechef that one is smaller so will also fit in youre needs i think. :)
Spydiechef? Do tell!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
apollo

Post by apollo »

The spydiechef whas on the meet together with the swayback.

The chef was the same size as the bowie. the blade is the same as on the custom you can find on google. The finish is not the same as the bowie but i like it none the less it is not a stonewash finish but more of a sanded look :) ( the blade is stonewash if a remember correctly)

The handle fits very well in hand and the up pointing blade is a great slicer! the blade stock will be the same as the bowie overal a very very good looking performance blade just like its brother.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

I actually like what you call "plain jane" appearance of that actual Rassenti custom.
I really hope they didn't do like a Foundry style graphic or engraving across the handle... just my opinion though.

It does sound like it may be bigger than I'll need or use... but maybe it's good for them if they fill a gap for demand of size between Slysz Bowie and K2.
Going back to Caly.
apollo

Post by apollo »

SpeedHoles wrote:I actually like what you call "plain jane" appearance of that actual Rassenti custom.
I really hope they didn't do like a Foundry style graphic or engraving across the handle... just my opinion though.

It does sound like it may be bigger than I'll need or use... but maybe it's good for them if they fill a gap for demand of size between Slysz Bowie and K2.

the nirvana's look is created in a totally different way then the foundry if i remember correctly
(its dificult sometimes because there was so much intel on so much knives)
the graphic "lines" are cnc machined like the ti fluted designs. :) .
Last edited by apollo on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.