Shot Show 2015

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Johnnie1801

Shot Show 2015

Post by Johnnie1801 »

I was just wondering if anyone will be attending Shot Show in Las Vegas at the end of the month? Would be great to see some photo's of the Spyderco stand.

Would it be possible for the Spyderco team (TazKristi :p) to maybe write a daily report thread or maybe share some photo's or video's of new models? Would love to see a round-table discussion between Sal, Eric, Michael Janich and any other designers hanging around about new models and steel choices if there is some down time :D
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
gbelleh

Re: Shot Show 2015

Post by gbelleh »

I'm definitely hoping to see some Spyderco booth videos from SHOT!
:bug-red-white
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Wow, those guys are putting in 16 hour days and having to even "work" while trying to eat. Those tend to be grueling weekends for the people going ( I've worked in the business world and had to travel for weekend events) and I've always been amazed at how people can keep that up several times a year in addition to regular responsibilities. Sal, Eric, Joyce, Kristi and the rest must have pretty strong constitutions.

I'd doubt they would have much extra time for much added stuff. Only they know though. :)

They really are amazing folks.

Can you imagine what it would take stamina wise to run for president, for instance. :eek:

joe
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, would I love to attend SHOT. I would be all over the Spyderco, Sig Sauer, and A.I. booths...I'm really gonna try for next year. Never been to Vegas before, so it should be extra fun....
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

The Mastiff wrote:Wow, those guys are putting in 16 hour days and having to even "work" while trying to eat. Those tend to be grueling weekends for the people going ( I've worked in the business world and had to travel for weekend events) and I've always been amazed at how people can keep that up several times a year in addition to regular responsibilities. Sal, Eric, Joyce, Kristi and the rest must have pretty strong constitutions.
Yeah Joe, I'm sure it can get pretty insane at such a huge show with so many people wanting to see and try the new products. I just hope we get a few photo's of the Spyderco booth (official or not) so those of us who cannot attend can get a taste of the atmosphere. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing some of the new models photographed in hand which I think gives a better perspective than the catalogue shots. Personally I'm excited to see the Perrin PPT, Szabohawk, Ti/Elmax Squeak and how the anodizing on the Ti Pingo looks under the exhibition hall lights.
MacLaren wrote:Man, would I love to attend SHOT. I would be all over the Spyderco, Sig Sauer, and A.I. booths...I'm really gonna try for next year. Never been to Vegas before, so it should be extra fun....
I'd love to go too Mac, if I win the lottery this year I'll buy you a ticket, just leave me a few showgirls :D
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Johnnie1801 wrote: I'd love to go too Mac, if I win the lottery this year I'll buy you a ticket, just leave me a few showgirls :D
I think if you win the lotery and you go to vegas you would be lucky coming home with youre socks on. :D

I really want to go to the shotshow in the future 2. Or the bladeshow. I think the feeling of such a show in america is just awesome and stunning :)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I could be wrong, but I thought that the SHOT Show was only open to the venders and members of the media?
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

SpyderNut wrote:I could be wrong, but I thought that the SHOT Show was only open to the venders and members of the media?
Just checked and you are right, it is restricted :eek:
The SHOT Show is a trade only event. Attendance is RESTRICTED to the shooting, hunting and outdoor trade and commercial buyers and sellers of military, law enforcement and tactical products and services ONLY. The show is not open to the public, and NO one under age 16 shall be admitted (including infants).
If I ever get to Vegas, I'll have to miss out on the knives :( but at least there'll still be showgirls, lol :p

Jon
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Its all who you know. Nutnfancy gets in.
swigert

Post by swigert »

MacLaren wrote:Its all who you know. Nutnfancy gets in.
He counts id say...as controversial as he can be and as much as people don't like him sometimes he still gets people into the industry
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

I wish they'd do one of these in the New England or New York area. I don't see a lot of travel time in my future.

Of course, by that I mean one I could get into.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

swigert wrote:
He counts id say...as controversial as he can be and as much as people don't like him sometimes he still gets people into the industry
I would imagine your right.
swigert

Post by swigert »

MacLaren wrote:
swigert wrote:

we all know the delica doesn't need a 45 minute review though lol
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

SpyderNut wrote:I could be wrong, but I thought that the SHOT Show was only open to the venders and members of the media?
Start your own blog. Boom. You are an "accredited media outlet" and eligible for the show. :rolleyes:

TedP
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

phillipsted wrote:
Start your own blog. Boom. You are an "accredited media outlet" and eligible for the show. :rolleyes:

TedP
Haha! Very good point. ;) Technically, I used to be involved in news media... (providing one is willing to count my time spent being the copy editor for my college newspaper). :p :o
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

MacLaren wrote:
swigert wrote:
Not going to lie, I saw his video on the LWT manix 2. It was the video that made me get into spyderco knives.
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

swigert wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
swigert wrote:

we all know the delica doesn't need a 45 minute review though lol
I think the Delica deserves a 45 minute video (with supplement videos). It's a pretty cool knife :cool:

I'm a nutnfancy fan. There I said it.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I think the Delica deserves a 45 minute video (with supplement videos). It's a pretty cool knife :cool:

My first EDC was a cold steel voyager that felt good in hand but was too thick and hard to remove from my pocket. Nutnfancy videos convinced me to try a Delica and got me obsessed with obtaining a PM2. I'd say that worked out well for everyone. So I'm also not sure where all the TNP hate comes from, he has put out a ton of info. And unlike Joe Buck, you are never forced to watch him. #unnecessaryshotatjoebuck
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

tvenuto wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:I think the Delica deserves a 45 minute video (with supplement videos). It's a pretty cool knife :cool:

My first EDC was a cold steel voyager that felt good in hand but was too thick and hard to remove from my pocket. Nutnfancy videos convinced me to try a Delica and got me obsessed with obtaining a PM2. I'd say that worked out well for everyone. So I'm also not sure where all the TNP hate comes from, he has put out a ton of info. And unlike Joe Buck, you are never forced to watch him. #unnecessaryshotatjoebuck
Lol, pretty good......
However, Joe has his moments. Like when he dissed Johnny football. :eek:
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Nutnfancy was a big reason I bought the Tenacious, which started me down the Spyderco path. His reviews at least have clear video, and he does go into the kind of detail a newbie can find useful.
:bug-red-white