Shot Show 2015

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderNut

Re: Shot Show 2015

Post by SpyderNut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Johnnie1801 wrote:Just watched this one, G10 Dog Tag :eek: :D
G-10 with carbon fiber on the back. That looks sweet!
I saw Serge's custom Dogtag folder at Blade last year. It had a brown G-10 handle and CTS-XHP steel. Very sweet. :)
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

Man I like the look of the g-10 dog tag. I like the handle colors of the roadies but I'm not a fan of the blade shape. That being said they are excellent for what spyderco set out to accomplish.
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

After watching that Spyderco 2015 video, I'm starting to really want an orange Roadie!
Not only that, but seeing those 3 Dogtags, and hearing of the potential for more :eek: , makes me want to collect the whole series of them! HAHA!!
-Nick :bug-red
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

Man, I can't wait for blade show this year.
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Bodog wrote:Man, I can't wait for blade show this year.
You and me both, brother. I'm already planning on taking a few days off so I can fly down there. Last year was my first to BLADE. Very impressive.
swigert

Post by swigert »

I already have a black roadie but I would like the grey one and that dogtog. Haven't been interested in the dogtog until now. Some of serges custom work is amazing though.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I just watched a great video from Shot posted on blade forums. Michael Janich walks us through the Ed Schemp Bowie and the Reverse. Looks like I'm getting a Reverse AND a Bowie, it will be my first Schemp design. I couldn't figure out how to post the video here, but I noted a couple things

Bowie will be $300 MSRP and the first batch should be shipping in February.
Reverse will be $150 MSRP with a street price around $100 :) And should ship late February-March.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I just watched a great video from Shot posted on blade forums. Michael Janich walks us through the Ed Schemp Bowie and the Reverse. Looks like I'm getting a Reverse AND a Bowie, it will be my first Schemp design. I couldn't figure out how to post the video here, but I noted a couple things

Bowie will be $300 MSRP and the first batch should be shipping in February.
Reverse will be $150 MSRP with a street price around $100 :) And should ship late February-March.
Links pls
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I believe this is the video mentioned above.

:bug-red-white
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Bingo!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

Thanks gents. Michael sure knows how to make a knife I'm in no way remotely interested in interesting. Almost makes me want the Bowie. It is certainly more elegant in the hand than on paper.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Great video, I'm real excited about the bowie, already pre-ordered, just something about that one, I think it's going to be a winner.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Liquid Cobra wrote: " … I'm a nutnfancy fan. There I said it."
:) … that took guts, LC … !

Joking aside, while I doubt anyone agrees with all aspects of production and/or his opinions on a given product, one thing you have to give the guy is he has a process. His reviews are "standardized" with an agenda, and the reviews appear to have been thought through before he hits the red button … not a fanboy, but just giving credit where it's due.

~ edge
JLS

Post by JLS »

I was able to swing by the Spyderco booth yesterday. The prototype cases (yes there were 2) were awesome and there's some really neat stuff either in the works or being considered.

I'm not trying to be coy, but honestly I don't remember much about the cases since I got to talk with Phil Wilson, Brad Southard and Gayle Bradley for probably 45 minutes yesterday. They were great to talk to, very approachable and so genuinely interested in knives and their fans. I saw Sal, Eric and Ed Schempp, but didn't get to talk to them. Phil was taking to me about heat treating and hunting bullets/ammo, Brad about steels and locks and Gayle changed my perspective about PSF27 steel (completely sold me on giving it a try) and the privilege of working with the Spyderco team. It was time very well spent. I might have to actually look at knives today before I head out of town.

Seriously folks, it's a great time to be a Spyderco fan.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Seriously folks, it's a great time to be a Spyderco fan.
No doubt JLS :D If you get a chance to take some pics I hope you'll share them with us :p

Here's another video with Michael Janich talking about the Szabohawk, Dog Tag and Assist Salt.

Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

New knife alert! The Squarehead!

Fast forward to about 13:40 and Eric will talk you through it. He also shows the Aqua Salt at the end which he says is available now, so I guess that's dropping now.

http://youtu.be/4JoIVLNq0Ao" target="_blank

Can someone embed it?

@liquid_cobra
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Nice find L/Q!!

Here's the vid :D

Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
mark greenman

Post by mark greenman »

SHOT had some amazing prototypes this year. The Gayle Bradley 2 was very refined and will be a must have.

Ed Schempp dominated the case though. There were a bunch of great concepts in there, many of which i though were fixed blades until I examined them closer to discover they had very elegantly hidden liner locks.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

mark greenman wrote:SHOT had some amazing prototypes this year. The Gayle Bradley 2 was very refined and will be a must have.

Ed Schempp dominated the case though. There were a bunch of great concepts in there, many of which i though were fixed blades until I examined them closer to discover they had very elegantly hidden liner locks.
Can you share some info on the GB2?

@liquid_cobra
mark greenman

Post by mark greenman »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
mark greenman wrote:SHOT had some amazing prototypes this year. The Gayle Bradley 2 was very refined and will be a must have.

Can you share some info on the GB2?
It's hard for me to say, because I was pretty overloaded with prototypes (there were two cases of awesomeness). The GB1 had never really "clicked" with me, whereas the GB2 I wanted as soon as I held it. I believe the blade-to-handle ratio may have been tweaked? I held it next to my Endura and they were comparable in overall length.